PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    And my favourite bargain:
    Air Ambulance - Joe Brown needle-cord sleeveless dress in teal with red, blue and yellow flowers on. Fully lined. £4.45
    WC364A.jpg
    WC364A_MODEL_FRONT.jpg
    It's short dress length on me, thick tights and boots and I'm good to go! :D
    This is lovely looking dress, but would be thigh-skimming for me. That would be provided I could do the zip up and breathe at the same time - it doesn't look very generous on top!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Towser
    Towser Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    Options
    Today: Tip Re-use shop

Scooter £2
    Skateboard £2
    X-Box games £1 each
    Learner driver "L" plates from Halfords £1 BNIB

Very Happy, every little helps.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    This is lovely looking dress, but would be thigh-skimming for me. That would be provided I could do the zip up and breathe at the same time - it doesn't look very generous on top!
    I think it's intended to be 'thigh-skimming'.
    Pollycat wrote: »
    It's actually described as a tunic

I'd say the model was probably a size 8 so won't be very generous on top but it fits me fine - and I'm not exactly small busted.
    It's got princess seaming which I think is a flattering style.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I love that dress POLLYCAT:D
    I'm missing chazzer hunting at the mo.Have been stuck in with poorly pup, then waiting for a gas engineer, then the weather :mad: Roll on Spring :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,909 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Love your dress Pollycat....such gorgeous rich colours. Don't forget to wear your vest with it tho :p Brrr! I've noticed lots of brand new Joe Brown stuff in the charity shops lately too...quite high prices being asked.
  • Dark_Star
    Dark_Star Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    A brand new kids science kit with spirit burner, test tubes, real chemicals etc. All new & sealed. Instruction book doesn't even look opened....ours for £3 from Oxfam. New on Am*zon £30.

Will have one very happy & occupied mini Dark Star in half term hols though they may well be fighting off the OH :rotfl:under the guise of "helping".
    Lurking in a galaxy far far away...
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,909 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A little meander around my local charity shops today and in the big Sue Ryder barn-type place I found a pair of M & S b/n red leather gloves priced at £3. Dunno what I will wear them with but they look very cheerful! Found em online...original price £17.50 currently on sale at £12.25.

Also called into the Martin House Hospice shop and spotted one of those Ted Baker donations of new garments. Twas a camel coloured wool jacket with 'aviator stylee' gold metal zip fastenings and a swing back and had a beautiful flowery, patterned silk lining. Gorgeous quality. Tried it on but it was extra small size, and I am not, so had to leave it :(....was priced at £25.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Some good finds this lunchtime: 2 t-shirts in good condition (Peppa and Frozen) and a denim jacket for my little niece, and 3 books for me, two of which are favourite authors and the third will help me with one of my objectives for this year.

A total of £2 well spent!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Living_proof
    Options
    Good day for me. I needed preserving jars like Kilner, etc. for my Brexit stores, dehydration goods and sauerkraut. I had even tried Freecycle with no success. Today I found six large 1.5l/1,8l and 2l jars at 50p each. I am well pleased! Ikea prices are great, but I live about 2 hours away from the nearest one to here, so the petrol cost raises the price considerably.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good day for me. I needed preserving jars like Kilner, etc. for my Brexit stores, dehydration goods and sauerkraut. I had even tried Freecycle with no success. Today I found six large 1.5l/1,8l and 2l jars at 50p each. I am well pleased! Ikea prices are great, but I live about 2 hours away from the nearest one to here, so the petrol cost raises the price considerably.

That's a really good price, I've seen Kilner look-a-likes for £2 and £3 before, way too much.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family