Forum Home » Old Style MoneySaving

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond! - Page 132

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE


The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH


New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions


More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

edited 8 May 2018 at 10:26AM in Old Style MoneySaving
4.1K replies 589.5K views
1129130132134135406

Replies

  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse PPR
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I think if I found an unused leather Boden bag for £5.95, I wouldn't really care if anyone thought I looked like a berk. ;)
    You'd need to get in the queue after me!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

    "No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

    Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • PositiveBalancePositiveBalance Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I think if I found an unused leather Boden bag for £5.95, I wouldn't really care if anyone thought I looked like a berk. ;)

    Fab bargain. Well done. :T


    Agreed! I would happily look like a berk for a bargain like that and would probably have told the whole of Parliament about it, too! :rotfl:
    Remaining debt: £478.75/£4869.01 (£4390.26 to go)
    Originally: £11,640.02; £6771.01 (58%) repaid
    Emergency Fund (#187): £208/£1000
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    28.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed! I would happily look like a berk for a bargain like that and would probably have told the whole of Parliament about it, too! :rotfl:
    Ahah!
    You sound like me.

    I happily tell anyone that the item they've just complimented me on came from a charity shop and cost £x.xx. :)

    Unless the poster is actually Teresa May in which case it really might be a little embarrassing. :D
    And if Laredouter really is TM, can I suggest she gets rid of those hideous chunky necklaces...

    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    You'd need to get in the queue after me!
    Nah.
    If there was an unused leather Boden bag for £5.95 that had been donated to a charity shop within a 10 mile radius of me, it would never have made it to the window. ;)
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great buy Laredouter.


    Yesterday I got a Crane winter cycling jersey, it is a mans small but fits me just fine, orange and black with reflective bits and looks unworn, I paid £2.99. I also got a set of 5 stainless steel bowls with lids (plastic lids unfortunately but they won't be in contact with food) for storage at home and camping.


    DD got a lovely pyjama style top in a grey blue with a white stripe, it's only Primark but we both really loved it, £1.49 I think it was.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler


    Fashion on the Ration 18/66
  • tessie_beartessie_bear Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow what a bag bargain I wouldn't have been in the queue for it as would have seen ut and probably had a turn

    never heared of the makes but I got a bnwt summer dress and jacket yesterday also a box of placemats....the later seem to take such a lot of abuse in our house so have started picking them up when cs shopping and replace when they look dire

    happy hunting
    onwards and upwards
  • Haha thanks guys! I absolutely love it. It goes with 95% of my wardrobe as well so I am going to get a lot of use out of it!

    Haha Pollycat, if I was Theresa May, I definitely wouldn't be wearing those hideous necklaces

    I had the dubious honour of being seated behind Jacob Rees Mogg in the Barry Room. I wonder whether he would have been impressed by my new bag :p
  • PositiveBalancePositiveBalance Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Ahah!
    You sound like me.

    I happily tell anyone that the item they've just complimented me on came from a charity shop and cost £x.xx. :)

    Unless the poster is actually Teresa May in which case it really might be a little embarrassing. :D
    And if Laredouter really is TM, can I suggest she gets rid of those hideous chunky necklaces...

    Nah.
    If there was an unused leather Boden bag for £5.95 that had been donated to a charity shop within a 10 mile radius of me, it would never have made it to the window. ;)

    Her stylist probably makes her wear them as a 'statement piece' as they attract the attention of the camera.

    And as for the bag...if I had an inkling of it, it wouldn't have got that far, either! :rotfl:
    Laredouter wrote: »
    Haha thanks guys! I absolutely love it. It goes with 95% of my wardrobe as well so I am going to get a lot of use out of it!

    Haha Pollycat, if I was Theresa May, I definitely wouldn't be wearing those hideous necklaces

    I had the dubious honour of being seated behind Jacob Rees Mogg in the Barry Room. I wonder whether he would have been impressed by my new bag :p

    To be fair, I wouldn't give a stuff about his opinion as he has some Strange Views About Things. I would have been more tempted to hit him with it, assuming that no damage would come to the bag as a result! :rotfl:
    Remaining debt: £478.75/£4869.01 (£4390.26 to go)
    Originally: £11,640.02; £6771.01 (58%) repaid
    Emergency Fund (#187): £208/£1000
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse PPR
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laredouter wrote: »
    I had the dubious honour of being seated behind Jacob Rees Mogg in the Barry Room. I wonder whether he would have been impressed by my new bag :p
    I cannot stand the self-serving twit. You must have shown remarkable restraint!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

    "No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

    Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I called into a local cat rescue shop yesterday and they had a gorgeous Boden raincoat. It was navy blue with a white design at the top, 3/4 of the way down were some red stripes off differing widths going around the coat, then the bottom was navy with a white ditsy print, it was a sort of waxed waterproof finish with a bright red fleece lining. Also had a detachable hoods, full zip and poppers and straps on the wrists. It looked seemingly unworn and was £25. I loved it and can't stop thinking about it now.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler


    Fashion on the Ration 18/66
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse PPR
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I called into a local cat rescue shop yesterday and they had a gorgeous Boden raincoat. It was navy blue with a white design at the top, 3/4 of the way down were some red stripes off differing widths going around the coat, then the bottom was navy with a white ditsy print, it was a sort of waxed waterproof finish with a bright red fleece lining. Also had a detachable hoods, full zip and poppers and straps on the wrists. It looked seemingly unworn and was £25. I loved it and can't stop thinking about it now.
    This is a sign that you really want it, so go back for it. If it's still there and you buy it, it was meant to be.

    *Although that is more than I would pay for a BN coat in a chazzer, you have my blessing :A
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

    "No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

    Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support