Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond! - Page 131

New Post Advanced Search

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

edited 8 May 2018 at 10:26AM in Old Style MoneySaving
4.2K replies 603.2K views

Replies

• DigForVictoryDigForVictory Forumite
    11.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MIL handed a couple of notes to her boy, telling him to spoil his sons. So we went to the beach, at Cleveleys, which has a splendid stretch of charity shops & a top notch chippy at the far end. So we walked a bit, got a little Denby ramekin (Himself, utterly smitten, broke Acquiz Committee Rules! Metz I think, a whole 75 pence) and a Greenwheat teapot [for the pension] and I got my holiday paddle...
    Oh, and since I had a kite in the car, I got to fly a kite for a while!
    Now they'll have a takeaway Indian while I hit the gym. Virtue all round.
  • FlossFloss Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was stuck in work just beyond the very far end of that road with all the chazzers...you could have waved! :D
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Popped into a new (to me) chazzer in the sweltering heat this lunchtime. I came away with 4 books and one of these, for £1.50 in total:

5312ba.jpg

One of the books was Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth"; another was a big book of Rumi's poetry. Must try to improve my mind :think:
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • bobsa1bobsa1 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    3 unexpected finds at the weekend I got a brand new Sophie Dahl cookery year book for £1 it's on amazon at the moment for £20. Dd is starting an msc in Human Resources management in September and I managed to get 2 of the books on her reading list for £1 each. As these are about £45 each I'm quite pleased with myself
  • SayschezzaSayschezza Forumite
    551 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Popped into a new (to me) chazzer in the sweltering heat this lunchtime. I came away with 4 books and one of these, for £1.50 in total:

IMG:

Love the strainer.
  • Gem-gemGem-gem Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hit various cs yesterday with hubby, brother and girlfriend

I bought a dvd and two large grey furry cushions. £4
    Hubby bought a pair of M&S shorts and a dvd. £5
    Brother bought 2x films that you can play on a PSP £2
    His girlfriend bought a pair of black glittery shoes and a 5 piece China serving set for £15 - 2 x vegetable dishes with lids, 1 vegetable or potato serving dish with lid and two other dishes. £19
    Mum's neighbour gave mum, who then gave them to me two pairs of tailored trousers.
    Also obtained a pot of jam and some medium plastic plant pots for free - traded /18 celeriac plants. (Many more germinated then I could possibly plant).
    £2 Savers Club 2020 no.1
    Save 12K in 2020 no.59
    2020 - Banish the clutter ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • I was heading up to London, and my walk to the train station in town goes past the charity shops. I had been very good and had not gone in them for quite a while, however disaster struck! A rather lovely navy tote bag was there in the window! I popped in and asked to see it, and it turned out it was unused, leather and from Boden. It even came with it's dust bag! Needless to say it was mine for £5.95, so I had to walk around parliament with two handbags, looking like an utter berk.

At least pay day is on Friday :o
  • Owain_MoneysaverOwain_Moneysaver Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laredouter wrote: »
    A rather lovely navy tote bag was there in the window! I popped in and asked to see it, and it turned out it was unused, leather and from Boden. It even came with it's dust bag! Needless to say it was mine for £5.95,

Is that the one that's £70 new, or £130? :)
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • FlossFloss Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that the one that's £70 new, or £130? :)

Either way, £5.95 for brand new with dustbag is a bit of a bargain!
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laredouter wrote: »
    I was heading up to London, and my walk to the train station in town goes past the charity shops. I had been very good and had not gone in them for quite a while, however disaster struck! A rather lovely navy tote bag was there in the window! I popped in and asked to see it, and it turned out it was unused, leather and from Boden. It even came with it's dust bag! Needless to say it was mine for £5.95, so I had to walk around parliament with two handbags, looking like an utter berk.

At least pay day is on Friday :o

I think if I found an unused leather Boden bag for £5.95, I wouldn't really care if anyone thought I looked like a berk. ;)

Fab bargain. Well done. :T