PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,403 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hubby dropped off a bag to the cs today.
    I visited three cs but nothing caught my eye.

Im impressed with the bargains that everyone has been finding in the cs. Clarins for 50p. I'm so envious. All I seem to find is B & H. I smile to myself when I see it and walk on by.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Back to RNLI issue. Just catching up. Don!!!8217;t get me wrong, I don!!!8217;t think men should!!!8217;ve been sacked but I think a quiet word was in order. Maybe i!!!8217;m A prude but I would find them only funny up to a point. They are objectifying women, aren!!!8217;t they? Makes me feel uncomfortable never mind impression on kids. Reminds me of 70!!!8217;s all over again. No thanks.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,909 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not exactly a chazza shop find but in a Croatian fleamarket yesterday I came across a very battered first edition of a Louis Wain biography, in English, with plates of his cat illustrations, priced at €4. Strangely I found it shortly after visiting the cat museum in Kotor so it must have been meant for me! :D
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Just 3 books for £1 today, but good ones :)Hmm, I must visit my friend in Cheam sometime soon :D

Try Worcester Park whilst there, wall to wall charity shops and some really good stuff to be had

Unfortunately my friends who lived in the area have both passed so Ive no need to visit there again :(
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had a beautiful fit n flare linen Laura Ashley dress from the £1 rail. Looked hardly worn, a lovely dusky pink
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    lindens wrote: »
    I had a beautiful fit n flare linen Laura Ashley dress from the £1 rail. Looked hardly worn, a lovely dusky pink
    I'm wondering if it's the same as mine (also dusky pink, linen, long and found on the £1 rail). Does it have a deep V neck and back and long rear zip?

Mine fits my lower half but squishes my boobs - not a good looking me, but would suit someone flat as a pancake! I really should donate it back.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Laredouter
    Laredouter Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    I have had a lovely couple of days in Norfolk and had a chance to visit the charity shops in Southwold and some of the millions of charity shops in Norwich.

There were very slim pickings in Southwold as the charity shops were on the whole very expensive (£8 for a t-shirt!!!!) but I did find a lovely pink and white striped Land's End polo for £3.95.

I fared a lot better in Norwich and went to a few of the charity shops that a very kind person from this forum recommended to me. I found that the prices varied quite a lot but there were some quality items there. I picked up a pink Fat Face crochet jumper with buttons down the back for £4, a lovely Dash Breton-striped top for £4 and a navy Joules scarf with a pretty flower pattern for £1.50.

I am really coming to love Norwich and I absolutely can't wait to resume my studies at UEA :j
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A Wedgewood plate commemorating Josiah Priestly with pictures of some of his instruments and his discoveries (Dephlogisticated Air - Oxygen) around the edge. Souvenir of Dickinson University, Carlisle Pennsylvania.

Found this with the bric a brac in the back of a West Midlands cs. £

A pretty blue cotton jacket, "Proudly Made in AMERICA" - £

And a little 1970s, brown tool box with rise up drawer, looking very sorry for itself £1.

Cleaned up nicely and with a WD40, works fine. Found "Made in Italy" stamped on the bottom.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Gingernutty
    Options
    Sorry, plate was £1
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Gingernutty
    Options
    And the guy was called Joseph.:embarasse