PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've had a little flurry of purchases over the last week.

Joules Polo Shirt for DH £3.99
    George high waisted shorts for DD, black with blue floral design and scalloped edges £2.50

Crew Clothing 1/4 zip sweatshirt for DH - look completely unworn, lovely sky blue colour £4.99
    Navy Blue Per Una cropped jacket, 3/4 sleeve, peplum style to back, gold buttons, lovely lining - £1
    M&S Indigo thin knit jumper in grey, front is waffle knit with a knot and sleeves are pointelle with the waffle knit in a stripe £1
    Brand new JML Multi Chef £1
    Clarins Relax Concentrate shower gel 50p
    Mens Gap cargo shorts for DH £2.49
    Under Armour 1/4 zip running top in heathered fuschia for DD £3.99
    Karrimor running vest for DD £1.99
    New Look faux suede skirt in tan for DD £2.19
    F&F chambray trousers, mid blue denim colour £3.25

the £1 items were from a local shop which is clearing out ready for a re-fit. Overall I am very pleased with what we found.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Some excellent bargains here! My only purchase for OH this week was a pair of Blue Harbour (M&S) casual trousers for £3 from the local hospice shop. Look unworn so he's pleased with them.
    Normal people worry me.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If I was a 30" waist with size 12 feet I could have got some lovely trousers and shoes today. Sadly I'm not, so I didn't.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    On the razzle again with the chaps, in Huddersfield today. A pair of Solingen steel scissors sell new for 50 Euros, mine for £4 & in such good nick even Himself can't find anything they need doing to them!
    A Le Creuset mug for 50 pence apparently unused which will see someone happy at Christmas. I fill them with sweets & give them as default presents.

Oh & anyone needing a prom frock or wedding dress should get themselves to Byrom St, Huddersfield as one of the two charity shops has filled a floor with frocks & a wall with suits ties etc! Shame relevant son was at home revising or I'd probably be hurrahing a new to him suit...
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    Dh and I had a rare afternoon to ourselves yesterday and so we went to Louth to do some cs shopping. It has lots of cs shops but I do think they were on the expensive side which I was surprised at for a small market town. Anyway dh managed to find some marks and Spencer suit trousers in plain black New with tag and in his size so bagged them as he has a number of m and s black suits and spare trousers are always useful. He had to throw a tie away a fortnight ago as it was marked and wouldn't come clean but it was one of his favourites. Anyway for the princely sum of £1.50 he got an identical unmarked replacement. Last year I saw a fancy m and s skirt,pink with a gold gauze over it (sounds odd but very pretty and dressy) it's not the sort of thing I usually wear and I convinced myself not to buy it. Anyway there it was with its label for £6.99 sometimes I'm astounded how things that you get tempted with but don't buy then turn up
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    bobsa1 wrote: »
    Dh and I had a rare afternoon to ourselves yesterday and so we went to Louth to do some cs shopping.
    I envy you! I'd love to live in ROI. Wonderful place, lovely people.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • honeythewitch
    honeythewitch Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I excelled myself this week with a brand new lakeland soft suede jacket that was actually free. It was marked at four pounds, but they had a "buy one get one free" offer in the shop, so I bought a lovely shift dress for seven pounds, which I will wear to the theatre next week.

In my area we are losing charity shops every week. I dont know if it is a coincidence, but the remaining shops seem to be in the wealthier areas. It makes me wonder if recent higher prices are putting people off?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,712 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I excelled myself this week with a brand new lakeland soft suede jacket that was actually free. It was marked at four pounds, but they had a "buy one get one free" offer in the shop, so I bought a lovely shift dress for seven pounds, which I will wear to the theatre next week.

In my area we are losing charity shops every week. I dont know if it is a coincidence, but the remaining shops seem to be in the wealthier areas. It makes me wonder if recent higher prices are putting people off?
    Congratulations! :T _party_
    You are the undisputed winner of the "Best Bargain of the Year" award. :)

Lakeland leather and suede coats/jackets are fab quality.
  • Out,_Vile_Jelly
    Out,_Vile_Jelly Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Complete Father Ted DVD boxset for £2. That's a lot of laughs for a couple of quid.
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 June 2018 at 8:12PM
    Options
    I haven't made any purchases but impressed my mum with a bag I bought for £2 a few weeks ago but didn't get round to showing her this evening. Twice the chazzer-value :)

I still can't find an image online, but the closest I can see is this:

Hi-Tec-Hi-Tec-Ladies-18-FLORAL-HOLDALL-GYM-TRAVEL-Hand-Luggage-BAG-4-Colours-(Fuchsia)-785241827.jpg
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure