Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's astonishing!

I'm pleased with what I did yesterday, here's a ta-da list, but the first item is quite funny:

- my phone fell off its network, yep? Midnight last night, I realised it came back on, it started phoning my ex-colleague while it was in my pocket :o I turned it off, but he'd heard it, poor guy texted me worried to death for me, and luckily I found his text right away and texted back :o:D:rotfl:

- thought I might need an emergency dental appointment, though there weren't any and I turned out not to need it, but I made a routine appointment for later this month anyway.

- nice convo with my sister.

- scanning and checking out documents from my mum's house, as per normal. Quite a bit done.

- SB and YouGov chunnering in the background, all good.

- tidying shrubs and waste in the garden - only about 40 minutes, but thats the most for a while, I was pleased with that.

- cleaned up ready for the shopping delivery and sorted some of it. The porch is definitely fully accessible now, much tidier, much cleaner, I'm really happy with that.

Plenty of hotspots left! But this morning, the really urgent thing is to go to the second hand furniture shop in my town centre, see if they have a high-backed armchair that doesn't look like it belongs to an old lady ... that's part of my back problem, the armchair I'm using. If there's nothing, my sister will be giving me a day where we tour some local shops - starting with an IKEA :rotfl: as I've seen some chairs online that might do. Otherwise today, I'm ploughing on through, and I've promised to ring my colleague in real life :rotfl:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks, ZTD:T. Yes, that's the case I was referring to. Strange how the mind plays tricks, I thought it happened in Turkey or Cyprus:o.

What disturbed me when reading the report you linked to was how long ago it happened. 2001:eek:. I could have sworn it was about 5 years ago. Where does the time go?
    I 'knew' it was in Dubai :o:rotfl:.

Good grief, 17 years!!!!! Surely it was just three weeks last Tuesday?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Karmacat
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My local furniture shop in walking distance didn't have anything realistic for me - either a bit tatty, or too old lady. So Ikea it is.

The forecast rain has started belting down - it was late, and decided to start immediately I chanced my arm to do some garden work :rotfl:

So ... inside the house, scanning, and rabbiting on here.

Oh! Victory! I found two letters that I wrote when I was au pairing in France - not much help with the book, since they're written about a week before my return to the UK, but its something! And where's there's two, there's usually three ....
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    KC - did you see this week's :money: newsletter? - a mention about bonus SB in there! - xox
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Oh! Thanks RT, I'll scoot there now.

Finished pruning the buddleia. Wanted to do more, but made myself rest - really important not to overdo things and put myself back. It feels good :)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Excellent - I try to do as much of the to-do list as I can, plus playing a game for 10 points :rotfl: Even on a day when there's no survey for me, its maybe 25 points - so 50 will do nicely :)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    There's a round yellow thing in the sky :j:j:j

And all my clearing of the garden, to stack bonfire sticks, shows me that a small paved area (which used to be flat enough to have a bbq on, before I moved here) gets the morning sun, though its just gone off it now. I wonder if I can do something with that. Definitely more stacking today, and clearing anything else I can lay my hands on :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    There's a round yellow thing in the sky :j:j:j

Yes, there's one here too:j. I wonder what it can be?:rotfl:

I'd love to be outside today, I even envy you your garden tidying:eek: but I've got to apply some elbow grease to my kitchen floor. It's light coloured vinyl and is in a real state after all the coming and going when the garden was waterlogged or muddy. I try to keep it reasonable clean but both my mops have worn-out heads and I need to either improvise something(although I can't think how} or go out and buy replacements:(. Kneeling and scrubbing the floor will be a last resort as it's a very big area to cover. I wouldn't be too bothered about doing it today :o but I've just realised that our oil boiler service man is coming early tomorrow morning and he always sits/kneels on the floor when he's working on it. He's a nice man but a terrible gossip and as he services boilers for most of the immediate area I dread to think what he might tell people about our living conditions:eek:
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Get an old towel and wrap it around the end of your mop... It should even cover a bigger area than the mop head!

As for the yellow thing surrounded by blue... we have it too...does it have a name?
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Get an old towel and wrap it around the end of your mop... It should even cover a bigger area than the mop head!

Thanks:T. Yes, I thought of something like that but both mops are the sort that squeeze water out and the problem with attaching a towel or something is that it won't squeeze out. I've tried it before. I don't have one of those buckets with a drainer section on top either. I think I might need to do 2 washes and then go over the floor with a drier mop head. That's what I normally have to do if it ever gets really filthy:o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback