Travelling On

Options

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,899 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    CBC - that ladder sounds like hard work! And there's nothing wrong with appreciating things/being grateful for them more than once. I may not write it down, but I every time I open the drawer at waist height in my new-in-August kitchen that contains my pyrex bowls I find myself smiling :)

KC - take care today if you've hurt your back! :(
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You're all making me look at my windows in shame!

Saving the photos is definitely worthwhile work, the memories are wonderful.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy Friday Karmcat & friends.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I hope you're well, KC, and that your back isn't playing up. We haven't seen you since Wednesday evening and I hope it's because you're out having fun and not because you're incapacitated. Maybe you've told us that you'll be away somewhere and I missed your posting. I tend to worry about you when you aren't around:o

I hope everyone has a relaxing few days and that the forecast rain and snow don't spoil any of your plans:beer:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello lovely people :) Happy Friday to all :)

I was at my sister's yesterday - we meant to go straight out for a walk, there are two countryside trails that go through a little village very near to her, and I'd checked them out on our county's online map. But the rain was really intense, and we needed a *lot* of together time for admin about upcoming trips - partly the Terracotta Warriors, and most of all the Norway thing.

Turns out we haven't been in good time to book a hotel near to Newcastle Ferry Terminal :o and hotels in Newcastle itself are £160+, which neither of us want to pay for a basic hotel room that's just a stepping off point to the real trip. So we've gone for Durham, an interesting little hotel there, and a 13 mile taxi ride to share, that will be fine. We also booked the train tickets up north and down again: since we're near the south coast of England, and our destination is Newcastle, £190 between us for trains up and down, and a night's hotel, is pretty good.

Rain is just as intense today, tsk, so I shan't be doing much outside. I have a bit more space now that I've taken so many photos to my sister's to be sorted eventually, so I'm quite tempted to carry on clearing. We shall see :) back is still sore, so I'm definitely doing lots of strengthening exercises as a priority.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bought a pair of yaktrax - been caught out too many times now, wellies are not enough! Used the Amazon vouchers I've been earning from SB, so no expenditure, either :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Love my Yaktrax, I wouldn't stir outside in the snow and ice without them. With my hands being weak and painful I find them difficult to put on and off so I now keep them on a spare pair of walking boots all Winter.

Dry, a bit chilly and sunny here ATM, rain due in an hour or so. I have had a little session planting a few Tete a Tete from pots and have been decimating the Alpine Strawberries and Forget Me Nots, but the ground is so wet and claggy. Off out to do a little more before the rain comes:D

Pleased that you have managed to sort your travel arrangements I do like all the loose ends tied up:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    You are all disgusting. My living room windows are sparklingly clean :A.That's because they only go onto the sun room :D. We won't talk about the windows anywhere else in the house :o:eek:;). I asked Mr GG to help me last year and he ranted about me being obsessed with cleaning. I replied I didn't think cleaning windows twice a year was excessive :rotfl:. I have to recommend mossie blinds though, they stop you noticing the dirt :D.

Good progress KC and great result on the CC :T.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Off to google mossie blinds gallygirl.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My windows are grim but I do wipe the dog slobber off the patio doors:p
    How's your back? Better I hope .
    Have a lovely Easter Karma xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback