Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Spring?
    It seems to be a long time coming :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Spring is definitely on around here - the magnolia blooms are starting to come out, so are the hawthorn leaves. Throwing it down right now, though, and has been since before I got up.

The phone call ... I was just going to put up with it :o but I decided to phone the moment I saw those kind posts ... spoke to a woman at the Call Centre, she said there's no late payment scheduled on the bill just yet, so she can't waive it :) she said to check the next bill and ring then if there's been one put on, and in the meantime she'll put a note on my account, that I paid late cos I've been ill with chronic fatigue. Very kind.

The lesson: do what I *usually* do - pay them both off at the same time!

Okay, I have SB chunnering away in the background, thats good.

The next week:

Plotting various events - the Terracotta Warriors, a final trip to one games evening friend and a new regular trip to the other, our Portsmouth Sun holiday caravan trip, plus I've decided to buy a sofa and an armchair - the sofa, a local charity shop does amazing things with regular sofas, but I need a new armchair. Sister has offered to drive me around, but it all needs diarising :):):)

More prosaically - a top up shop, and a supermarket delivery ...

Sweeping the floors needs to take priority over the scanning of photos - I want the place pleasant over Easter (didn't quite realise until recently how soon it is, like, 2 days!).

That'll do!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 28 March 2018 at 11:57AM
    Options
    I'm glad you got your payment problem sorted, or well on the way to being so, KC:j. I usually keep on top of payment dates especially after all my effort to pay off my debts and try to rebuild my credit worthiness. A bit early for the latter but I don't want to start appearing unreliable all over again;). I have everything automated and diarised to the nth degree nowadays.

Sadly, round about the time I heard about my brother's diagnosis and all the worry about him and the subsequent funeral I totally forgot to set up a new Standing Order to one of my creditors that has changed hands. I kept meaning to do it and eventually completely forgot about it:o. Until today that is when I suddenly realised that Easter is imminent. I've organised all my DDs and SOs to go out on the 1st of every month. Obviously there's a bit of leeway over a Bank Holiday weekend so I'm not worried about them but I suddenly remembered the SO that I haven't even set up yet and had a little panic:o. I've just paid the 1st April amount over the phone. I hate speaking to my creditors even though everything is ticking over nicely and I've no need to worry these days about what they might say or demand from me:j. I'm now going to set up the regular payment via my internet banking as soon as I remember where I put my Card Reader for safe keeping about 18 months ago.

It was really spring-like here yesterday, OH cut our grass (well, the part that isn't still waterlogged) for the first time this year and it looks and smells lovely:j. He hoped to finish the rest today but it's drizzling and looks like it will rain properly any time soon:(. I'm glad I got all my downstairs outside windows washed the other day. The wind and rain had made them look disgusting whenever the sun shone on them. It's not a job I enjoy, being short and having a lot of tall windows that involve going up and down a stepladder umpteen times, but I feel a real sense of satisfaction when they're sparkling again. I don't do the upstairs, there's no way I'm climbing a ladder:eek:. OH bought a gadget with an extending pole so he can wash them from the ground. They never sparkle after he's finished though because he doesn't dry and polish them afterwards. At least they're clean and I don't have to do them myself. I can live without sparkling upstairs windows:rotfl:

When we had that interesting chat on here about the essentials that we need to keep clean I know I mentioned toilets and sinks (as did several of us) but I should have added windows. I can live with floors that are a bit unhygienic:o but grimy windows really bother me,
  • beanielou
    Options
    cbc~~Please do not come to my house at the mo as my outside windows are flthy since the last round of bad weather :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    cbc~~Please do not come to my house at the mo as my outside windows are flthy since the last round of bad weather :rotfl:

Sorry, no can do. I'm still knackered from doing my own:(
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sorry, no can do. I'm still knackered from doing my own:(

I meant do not come to my house as windows are dirty & you dont like dirty windows:rotfl:

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Awww ... better not come to mine either, CBC :rotfl: :eek:

I'm going to confess something. I've been thinking about doing that very thing, washing the outside windows, and I've never, ever done it before, in *any* house I've ever lived in :rotfl:

But good for you for dealing with the payment by phone, instead of letting it drift. As you probably remember, I am *so* reluctant to speak to these people on the phone: but when I saw the messages today about phoning them, I realised I was just giving away that late fee if I didn't do anything at all. Dumb. So I did it - just like you did :):):)

As for the rest of the day, I've been scanning and organising :o I have photos of my brother's remarriage in 2006 from half a dozen sources :rotfl: and setting up a long term "archive" for them has taken a while. Really worth doing, though :)

Also chopping up garden waste, but I've knackered my back again, and I'm hobbling about a bit. No more gardening for the next few days, but I'm not going to let it stop me doing ordinary stuff, though.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Options
    You have been a busy bee.
    Take care :)

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I meant do not come to my house as windows are dirty & you dont like dirty windows:rotfl:

:doh:Sorry, read your post so quickly I misread it (my fault not yours:o) and thought you were jokily inviting me to clean your windows.

I'm not totally fanatical about mine being clean, the weather is so awful a lot of the time that it's impossible to do them for weeks on end anyway:eek:. Beyond a certain stage of dirtiness though and I do get a bit stressed:o

I think having sparkling windows which let the sunlight in, especially after a dark, cold winter, is one of the things that I can feel thankful for. I try to find 3 such things every day but sometimes I'm scratching my head to find even one:o. I don't want to keep using the same ones on my list too often. Sparkly clean windows for me is an inexpensive pleasure, apart from the price to my achy muscles of all that elbow grease:rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 29 March 2018 at 11:17AM
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Also chopping up garden waste, but I've knackered my back again, and I'm hobbling about a bit. No more gardening for the next few days, but I'm not going to let it stop me doing ordinary stuff, though.

Loving the determination and positivity KC:T:j:beer:.

Sorry to hear about your back. Don't overdo the 'ordinary stuff' though:eek:

I'm feeling less stiff today after my window cleaning marathon, thank goodness. They were in such a sorry state that I had to rub extra hard and I had to replace the water in the bucket loads of times. OH had put our lightweight aluminium steps somewhere I couldn't find them (not deliberately but his tidying up often defies logic:eek:) so I had to use my late Dad's big,old, heavy-duty wooden steps. Boy, were they heavy and cumbersome!:(. Built to last, obviously, I think they are pre-WW2:rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback