Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You poor thing, CBC! Again, my slovenly habits work in my favour. And that's all I'm going to say, I'm simply not going to tell you *quite* how slovenly I really am.

I could insert :eek: but really its :cool: though if someone servicing my worldly goods wanted to talk me down, I'd have several pithy comments ready ... CBC, don't wear yourself out for the sake of nasty gossips fed by your boiler service man - please let your face see the round yellow thing today :kisses3:

I've been outside again, more of the same around this whole ex-bbq area, and, um, when I first moved in, I dumped a whole lot of soil and turf there. And its still there, 7.5 years later :eek:

I know! I'll "stack" it temporarily in some of the really big flowerpots floating around in the garden - and use it to help the back of the border, which is in need of fence repairs. Or the front garden. Several places need help, actually :rotfl:

Hi Jimmy :wave: thanks for popping in - I still haven't subscribed to your diary, must do so, will do it now, in fact.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I've done a mini bit in the garden this morning, Kc - I always think of you when I do little bits like that, as you inspired me to do them last (?) year :kisses3: As the weather here is so gorgeous today, I might do a longer stint this afternoon in the back garden as well :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Options
    How lovely, greent :kisses3: It's the only thing I do, as and when I can, so I can confirm that it really works. Still a bit of crisis management involved for me personally - there are buds where there shouldn't be plants :eek: but I can tell that the garden is really turning around this year, I'm so chuffed I can't tell you!

Really, really hot shower was nice after that second batch of garden work, and now I'm lolling about watching a renovation show and I'm going to work on this open source spreadsheet that people are chatting about on shanghaijimmy's thread. I actually have no idea if I might have to leave this house, or do equity release or something, so getting to grips with that could be quite useful :)
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I'm also going to try and see my garden work in little chunks this year. It's the only way things get done around here, little and often, mostly half done too!

Enjoy the spreadsheet stuff!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Half done indeed :rotfl: I know exactly what you mean :)

Spreadsheet is sort of reassuring - I just put savings in first, and a hover button thing told me I only had a 52% chance of staying solvent. Then I included the state pension from 2020, and my third of my mum's house from next year (but not the dratted French apartment, because really, who knows) and all is sweetness and light. Added the apartment (out of duty, really) too, in the end, at a very low price for safety's sake.

Then I upped the annual spend (to a little bit over the state pension, not exactly tripping the light fantastic), and it's still fine.

Very odd. I don't feel that well off, but I obviously am :o I shall have to have a think about this. And also obviously, this all depends on keeping a tight hold of expenditure.

With the addition of the savings, some of the portfolios pop up to over £1million at some stages ... blimey :eek:
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Half done indeed :rotfl: I know exactly what you mean :)

Spreadsheet is sort of reassuring - I just put savings in first, and a hover button thing told me I only had a 52% chance of staying solvent. Then I included the state pension from 2020, and my third of my mum's house from next year (but not the dratted French apartment, because really, who knows) and all is sweetness and light. Added the apartment (out of duty, really) too, in the end, at a very low price for safety's sake.

Then I upped the annual spend (to a little bit over the state pension, not exactly tripping the light fantastic), and it's still fine.

Very odd. I don't feel that well off, but I obviously am :o I shall have to have a think about this. And also obviously, this all depends on keeping a tight hold of expenditure.

With the addition of the savings, some of the portfolios pop up to over £1million at some stages ... blimey :eek:

Oh, well done for doing it :T. Really interesting isn't it? Hopefully it will give you the confidence to loosen the purse-strings a little :).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Wow, 1 million! Guess that's pretty solvent?
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    I saw the round yellow thing in the sky too. Hooray, does anyone think it will hang around formlong?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I saw the round yellow thing in the sky too. Hooray, does anyone think it will hang around formlong?

Hope so :)

1 million is indeed pretty solvent :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you're enjoying the sun and your spreadsheet Karma:). Happy Thursday to you xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback