Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Be careful in Westeros, it can be dangerous there!:rotfl:

Glad you have made progress on your to-do list, it's very satisfying when things get 'done'.

Also reassuring to know that you will always have enough income to live on. It's good to have peace of mind
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Enjoy GOT. How is the writing going?
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I really enjoyed GoT, sounds like a perfect way to spend a winters day. Especially well earned as you are so very organised and up to date!

I keep glancing at my garden and thinking I need to take a leaf out of your book and chip away at it.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wow, send me some of your energy will you? Mine's taking a holiday!!

Enjoy well earned GOT fest :) xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Enjoy GOT. How is the writing going?
    I've reviewed the first three chapters - got to catch up with where I am before I carry on forward. I put in some markers for future developments too :D
    I really enjoyed GoT, sounds like a perfect way to spend a winters day. Especially well earned as you are so very organised and up to date!
    Yep, that's Season Two :D it was great!
    I keep glancing at my garden and thinking I need to take a leaf out of your book and chip away at it.
    It's the only way to garden, IMHO, even if you're up to date: plants keep growing, thats what they do, thats what they're supposed to do, it will never, ever be "finished" :)
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Wow, send me some of your energy will you? Mine's taking a holiday!!
    :eek::eek::eek:

In the house, I'm pretty much okay, though I let the place get very dirty :( there's mould thats been growing in a couple of places over the winter, and I haven't dealt with it :( Outside the house, I'm a disaster, quite frankly: I have a Nectar voucher to use, last day is today, and if I walk to the Sainsbo to use it, that will take my whole day's energy :( .... plus we had a slight issue up north in the middle of this week, and my sister travelled up there at an hour's notice. I was stuck here at home, unable to help :(

You know what, sod it, I might just go to Sainsbo anyway, so what if it takes all my energy? I'm not going to trap myself in the house ...

Thanks PP - got to think this stuff through sometimes.

Enjoy well earned GOT fest :) xx[/QUOTE]
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    SB - for the second time, I've uninstalled some of the stupid apps. No more: there's one that seems to work fairly regularly, so I'll keep that, but the rest can go. I'm not going to fall into the same trap as when I did mystery shopping: chasing every penny leads to many, many missed opportunities on other things: Opportunity Cost, as I now know it's called :p
    Now that you know you're not going to end up destitute in the gutter KC is it really worth putting in all the effort with SB? If it all ticked along nicely it could be an interesting little diversion, earning you a tiny amount of pocket money. But more often than not it seems to go wrong and cause you lots of angst, which is not good for you. There's opportunity costs health-wise as well as financially and maybe you should think if it's affecting you and stopping you doing other things?

Em....... did I read mould :eek:? You know my opinion on that :naughty::naughty::naughty:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Now that you know you're not going to end up destitute in the gutter KC is it really worth putting in all the effort with SB? If it all ticked along nicely it could be an interesting little diversion, earning you a tiny amount of pocket money. But more often than not it seems to go wrong and cause you lots of angst, which is not good for you. There's opportunity costs health-wise as well as financially and maybe you should think if it's affecting you and stopping you doing other things?

Em....... did I read mould :eek:? You know my opinion on that :naughty::naughty::naughty:.

Was waiting for Gally to come along after you posted about mould, Kc.... it's like she's tuned in to mentions of it in your diary!!;) xx

Agree about SB, though - I tried it briefly and just found it not worth the aggro x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope your trip is a good one and doesn!!!8217;t zap all of your energy KC.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    ...mould :eek:? You know my opinion on that :naughty::naughty::naughty:.

Ditto! :eek:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 4 February 2018 at 3:44PM
    Options
    Sorry I haven't dropped in for a while but I've just had a long enjoyable catch-up of missed posts. I love coming on here, it never fails to lift my spirits, mould notwithstanding:eek:. Heartfelt thanks for the advice about my situation regarding my brother, especially from you KC:A. It often takes someone outside the bubble to be able to see things clearly and put things into perspective.

I still haven't been to see him for various reasons not really down to me. I feel SIL isn't keeping me 'in the loop'. After each telephone conversation she promises to be in touch and then almost a week goes by and I hear nothing from her so I phone her again. We are going to arrange a visit date when she thinks it will be best, the ball is entirely in her court. I almost feel I'm being a nuisance somehow and she has still not put me on to speak to my brother. I can't tell if he's unwilling/unable to speak to me, she just says he's upstairs asleep or resting every time. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I'm wondering if he doesn't want to speak to me given the history which I touched on in an earlier post.

Anyway, I'm all organised and ready to go at short notice if I get the go-ahead, apart from an advance train ticket but what the heck if it costs more? Not a time to worry about money is it? I've put a couple of books in my bag for the long train journey and which might help with my novel in an indirect kind of way. I can't get into reading fiction when there's a lot of noise and bustle. One of them is a book on Body Language which is a subject that fascinates me, shameless people watcher that I am:rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback