🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks madvix :)

The low memory/storage space issue really is beyond me, then, that'll be interesting to find out, and hopefully CBC's problems will disappear.

I'm still on preparation duty - a trip out today will either be to simply collect the local train tickets I bought yesterday, or check out the post office and do the other errands in the town. Probably the latter - if I order the real currency order from John Lewis, I can pick that up while I collect the tickets. Maximum efficiency :D in your dreams :rotfl:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sorry you have had frustrating things to deal with, glad you are enjoying getting your trip prepared. Yes, the height of efficiency!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Well, I tried the efficiency thing, not too bad :) thanks earthgirl!

- patronising git at the Post Office eventually answered my question: no foreign currency has arrived for me.

- moth killer found in Robert Dyas. Expensive, but the only option immediately.

- travel sickness pills - only £3 odd, so I don't mind there being no own brand stuff available.

- wanted to buy a watering aid for these chive plants I've got going, from our Wilko-alike here, but nothing doing. May have to resort to asking the neighbour.

- two loads of washing done. Some of it is nearly dry, other bits not so much.

- started backup of genealogy info onto my google account, but the chunk was too big, I think - I'll have to break it down and try again tomorrow.

- done more sorting of electronics - bought a 16G SD card for the camera, emptied phone and camera as much as I could, just got to get rid of updates on the phone on non-deletable apps that I never use.

Then I got fed up of all this preparation and put the first season of Game of Thrones onto the TV :j:j:j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    themadvix wrote: »
    I'd have been able to contribute that low memory isn't storage space, but then I'd have been stuck.... would have referred you to PC World/Currys support.

I always get confused with the storage/memory thing:o. One of the reasons is that a USB flashdrive is often referred to as a 'memory stick' and is used to store things like photos etc. I may have mentioned before:rotfl: that apart from using a PC for the basic tasks and being able to do easy repairs and maintenance I'm pretty uneducated on technology in general:eek:. I do try but old dogs and new tricks frequebtly spring to mind:rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Okay Dr Witch wants to know the specifications of your laptop/computer, he does say that Low Memory shouldn't be anything to do with storage.

Dr Witch would like to know the model of CPU, CPU speed, how much RAM and how large is the hard drive (also what operating system are you using?)

Knit Witch. I'm sorry I haven't been back to send you the information Dr Witch needs. Have barely been online since I was here last and have only just located where to find my laptop's CPU and RAM details:o.

I don't want to keep hijacking and clogging up KC's diary with my problems so I'll send you a PM later today with the details you asked for. Thanks again:A x
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Not a problem, CBC, though I know that *I* feel I can write more freely on private messaging. Today, not much is going to be happening here! I was not only fed up of rushing about yesterday afternoon, I was exhausted, so I just stopped. I'm taking it easy today. The fiddliest thing I'll be doing is uploading updated genealogy files. I'll also start packing again, a few more of the bits and pieces. But mostly, though I may have a walk around the block, I'll be hitting Game of Thrones again :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Today, not much is going to be happening here! I was not only fed up of rushing about yesterday afternoon, I was exhausted, so I just stopped. I'm taking it easy today. The fiddliest thing I'll be doing is uploading updated genealogy files. I'll also start packing again, a few more of the bits and pieces. But mostly, though I may have a walk around the block, I'll be hitting Game of Thrones again :)

Good idea to take it easy today:T

How many more sleeps is it until your departure?
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Three sleeps now :rotfl:four till the boat undocks :D
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    :j:j:j

Three more sleeps!

:j:j:j
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 3 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,955 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So exciting!! :D
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure