Feedback on Utility Point

Options

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not had the issue of lack of response and not had the issue of the £4 a month increase. However, we are taking about £4 a month - which in the grand scale of things, is not a bank breaker to most people...

It may not be a bank breaker to you, but £4pm is almost £50 per year - twice as much as you receive in referral money that you seem to be so eager to receive in the thread elsewhere on this site :cool:
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Looks like this supplier have fallen silent on their social media accounts in recent times too.

Twitter - last post 02-Jul-2018
    Facebook - - last post 07-Aug-2018

Sound like the final actions of any other (now extinct) supplier?
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    wavelets wrote: »

As for firing off complaints due to unfair & unjustified amounts being requested monthly by Energy Suppliers via monthly direct debit payments, that is exactly what MSE advocate.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/lower-energy-direct-debits/

iMHO MSE encourages a compensation culture. They also have a conflict of interest as they run a commission paying 'cheap energy club' which ironically never listed Utility Point for several months, so its good for them to stir the pot and induce panic.

Rather than complain, how about just asking them to drop the bills back?

As I've said myself, my own bill has gone up 4 quid a month, and IMHO its entirely unjustified as they seem to be ignoring customer reads.

I honestly think the majority of people would be better invested to use their time more wisely then frivolous complaints, time is also of value, something people often forget.
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 September 2018 at 10:13AM
    Options
    bxboards wrote: »
    iMHO MSE encourages a compensation culture. They also have a conflict of interest as they run a commission paying 'cheap energy club' which ironically never listed Utility Point for several months, so its good for them to stir the pot and induce panic.

Rather than complain, how about just asking them to drop the bills back?

As I've said myself, my own bill has gone up 4 quid a month, and IMHO its entirely unjustified as they seem to be ignoring customer reads.

I honestly think the majority of people would be better invested to use their time more wisely then frivolous complaints, time is also of value, something people often forget.

Just quoting this for posterity's sake :)

I don't think anyone here is seeking compensation
    They just don't want to be penalised by unfair and unjustified increases in their monthly payment.

The only mention in the article to compensation is for any actual accrued losses (usually limited to consequential bank charges) due to a breach of the Direct Debit Scheme itself, which you would need to claim from your bank.

I don't think a complaint against a supplier who is acting in breach of their Standard Supply Licence condition could ever be clased as .
    It was breaches in the Standard Supply Licence conditions by Iresa that got Ofgem hot under the collar about them. Were Ofgem acting in a "frivolous" way too? :cool:
  • PennineAcute
    Options
    It may not be a bank breaker to you, but £4pm is almost £50 per year - twice as much as you receive in referral money that you seem to be so eager to receive in the thread elsewhere on this site :cool:

Yes, I have had a few referrals, nothing to shout home about. £100, if you would like to know.

Leaves me paying £27 a month for my elec and £15 a month for my gas.

£50 is a lot of money to me, but to others it may not be.

Also you are assuming that the increase is over the remainder of your contract - it could be just for colder period.

If they do go to the wall, the next cheapest for me (at the moment) is £100 more expensive, so yes, I do have a vested interest in keeping them afloat.

I more think they are struggling with numbers. Doing a quote, they are nearly £240 more expensive than the tariff I am currently on. That is in the big 6 league.
  • bxboards
    Options
    Just quoting this for posterity's sake :)

I don't think a complaint against a supplier who is acting in breach of their Standard Supply Licence condition could ever be clased as .
    It was breaches in the Standard Supply Licence conditions by Iresa that got Ofgem hot under the collar about them. Were Ofgem acting in a "frivolous" way too? :cool:

Are they acting against a Standard Supply licence condition though?

Maybe you and I have a different approach, but I think you catch more flies with honey than going via a Compaint route. I'm sure to make a Complaint you've had to try another approach first.

I know nothing about IRESA so can't comment there, don't really get the use of your smiley, some sort of in-joke I'm not getting?

If anyone thinks their DD increase is unjustified (me included), then again just in my opinion, I'd simply ask them to review it. In my case, I would assume that after a month or two, it'll be reviewed again and will simply drop back down.

But my approach is just to ask nicely and be polite if I have an issue with a business of company - it can go along way.
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 September 2018 at 12:14PM
    Options
    Are they acting against a Standard Supply licence condition though?

MSE indicate that their actions are in breach ;)
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/lower-energy-direct-debits/
    If anyone thinks their DD increase is unjustified (me included), then again just in my opinion, I'd simply ask them to review it. In my case, I would assume that after a month or two, it'll be reviewed again and will simply drop back down.

Never ASSUME ;)
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Assume
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Belson

But my approach is just to ask nicely and be polite if I have an issue with a business of company - it can go along way.
    Absolutely, on that we can agree :)
    Complaints should always be polite, and never abusive or offensive.
    Remember there is a human being who will hopefully eventaully get around to reading your complaint, and being polite certainly goes a long way to the prompt and efficient resolution of it.
  • bxboards
    Options
    Too be honest, you seem to have an agenda here going by post 125

I see no need for patronizing dictionary links.

I'll leave you to it.
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 September 2018 at 12:47PM
    Options
    Too be honest, you seem to have an agenda here going by post 125

I see no need for patronizing dictionary links.

I'll leave you to it.

Quoted for posterity purposes.;)

I'm sure others can make their own minds up. You already laid your cards openly on the table in post 126 and thadmission made in post 116 that indicates why you may not be an independent observer regarding this supplier .
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pooch wrote: »
    Anyone seeing an emerging pattern here? It seems everyone, no matter what their existing monthly payment, usage or account staus, is having it increased by £4pm

It's clearly not everyone, as I've received no such notification.
    Stompa
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure