Feedback on Utility Point

Options

Comments

• PennineAcute
    Options
    Try the online help. Even if it is off line, you get a quick response.

I needed to contact them today. The online help was offline, but I typed a message to them at 12.05. They replied at 13.10.
  • PennineAcute
    Options
    And no, I have not had an email and no, my monthly DD has not gone up.
  • pooch
    pooch Posts: 828 Forumite
    Options
    I too was with them at the beginning, went live in January. However, this was on their variable package, so I could gauge them.

Went fixed with them in April.

Ah, I've found a previous issue of their terms that were updated 07-Dec-2017 which may have been the terms you were originally provided?
    They do have the numbering you refer to.

Trying to find out what changed, I see the terms I was given updated 28-Dec-2018 misses out term 5.8, and so numbering goes from 5.7 direct to 5.9 (but no obvious changes to any wording)

I looked today at their website, and see they have a new updated set on terms on their, updated today!
    Are they making their terms up as they go along? I've not checked for any variations, as I will abide by the terms I agreed to at the start of the contract.
  • pooch
    edited 21 September 2018 at 4:45PM
    Options
    I see they have already adjusted my online account to reflect the increased monthly payment. :mad:

Edit: I can't see how to manage it from there despite their term 9.3 which includes:
    You will manage your monthly Direct Debit (if you have one) using your UP Utility Hub only.
    :huh:
  • pooch
    Options
    Try the online help. Even if it is off line, you get a quick response.

I needed to contact them today. The online help was offline, but I typed a message to them at 12.05. They replied at 13.10.

Do you mean their online complaints form?
    https://www.utilitypoint.co.uk/Complaints
    I think that justs sends an email.

Or are you referring to the "Chat with us live" indicated here?
    https://www.utilitypoint.co.uk/Contact

That seems to be disabled - but any help accessing it would be most welcome :)
    The "Send us a message" simply sends an email

There is the option to call them, but that is tricky for me at present.
  • PennineAcute
    Options
    Yes, Chat with us live (which is currently off line). I have always just used that, whether on or off line. Maybe I am lucky, but not had any problems with response time.
  • PennineAcute
    Options
    Actually am being to wonder about them.

At the moment, from my April Fix, my annual combined usage is £561.70

After just doing a quote with them, today, it would be £801.69

That is a £240 increase.
  • pooch
    edited 21 September 2018 at 4:42PM
    Options
    Just to clarify, the automatic response I have received so far was from the email account [EMAIL="help@utilitypoint.co.uk"]help@utilitypoint.co.uk[/EMAIL]

I also sent the same email to their complaints email address which is:
    [EMAIL="complaint@utilitypoint.co.uk"]complaint@utilitypoint.co.uk[/EMAIL]

No response from that one yet, but term 20.1 states
    20.1. We will aim to respond to your complaint the same day we receive it....
    But they then want 5 working days if I request the matter to be escalated.

Previously, on an unrelated matter, UP took until the 2nd working days after the day of submission (submitted in the morning) to respond to a complaint.

Edit:
    Mind you, term 20.3 says:
    20.3 You can view our Complaints Procedure in the 'Contact and Support' section of our website.
    Can anyone find that?
    All I can find is https://www.utilitypoint.co.uk/Complaints which I would not agree is a complaints procedure; just appears to be contact details and an undertaking they will do everything they can to put things right.
  • pooch
    edited 21 September 2018 at 4:35PM
    Options
    Actually am being to wonder about them.

At the moment, from my April Fix, my annual combined usage is £561.70

After just doing a quote with them, today, it would be £801.69

That is a £240 increase.

Their prices/tariffs always seemed to sway massively, and changed very often.

I think I'm on the same electric tariff as you, and know that was a really good deal (hence why I snapped it up when it was available)

I think it was made available on 27-Mar-2018, being cheaper than the tariff it replaced, and was withdrawn to new applicants on 03-Apr-2018 (No E7 offered on that one at all) and that itself was subsequently replaced on 10-Apr-2018 both showing increases on the tariff we snapped up.

The good news is the electric is fixed until late Aug 2019 ... if they can stay in business that long.
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 21 September 2018 at 5:30PM
    Options
    I do have another email address you could try. Never used it. It is the person who monitors the online Chat.

[EMAIL="india.baxter@utilitypoint.co.uk"]india.baxter@utilitypoint.co.uk

[/EMAIL]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport