We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    edited 1 June 2018 at 3:35PM
    Options
    Was about to say thunder has stopped but it has started up again although rain not so heavy now. Kids in nursery at the end of the building are screaming the place down. Poor little mites.
  • rosemac
    Options
    Morning everyone. Nice clear blue sky here this morning so should be ok for shiels and hubby travelling up. Keep getting a pain in the side of my head at my ear and it is really annoying. Hip a bit stiff and sore this morning but it feels as if it is getting there. Got hospital on Monday again. Off to have a cuppa. Have a nice weekend everyone.
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    c42e66f777e821ef44c3f628d9238513--saturday-images-happy-saturday-quotes.jpg

:hello: Good morning all
    It's another glorious start to the day here. soleil07j.gif Had a
    wonderful day yesterday - received delivery of soil midday
    and happily spent the remainder of the day out pottering
    around in my beloved garden! jardinage0.gif Happy days!

Have a wonderful time away in Dundee and Aberdeen
    sheils. :dance:

Hope your stiffness eases up through the day rose. As you
    say, you're getting there. :T Hope all goes well at the
    hospital Monday. xx

111111111111111111111111.jpg

https://www.rabbitawarenessweek.co.uk/

& as luck would have it - there's a comp on the site which I
    actually managed to post yesterday evening! :T :j

Think it may be of interest here! :j :D

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5850319/e-30-09-win-a-trip-to-barcelona

Have a lovely and lucky Saturday all and please take care
    whatever your plans.

Alfie xxx coffee3-smiley.gif?1292867572
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Suns just out here.

Hope you have a good journey Sheils and enjoy Dundee and Aberdeen.

Rose pleased to hear you are on the mend. Great your stiffness is going. Sorry about pain in your ear.

Indie enjoy your days off. Satchel company have some great new bags and sale on.

Alfie you are easily pleased out in your garden. Keep it up while you can but it is spectacular. Well done posting comp. Rabbits ... garden has lots where DS is staying so it is difficult planting things as no sooner planted than eaten.

Today we are meeting my nephew and girl friend in London plan is a boat trip down to Greenwich. Depends how they are. They both have health problems. He was awarded a prize as best volunteer for his county and had a two night stay in a hotel of their choice. Last night they went to Mama Mia. Think the weather is going to be good this afternoon.

Firefly thinking of you. Hugs.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good-Monring-Cute-Animated-Rabbit-wg0180141.gif

Good Morning,

Thanks all,not actually going until tomorrow but hoping to get away early so won't be in before we go. We are heading for Kellie Castle and gardens near St Andrews before getting to Dundee so really want to set out early.

We have rain here but hoping it clears up as got few last minute things to hang out.

Thanks for comp link Alfie that would be a lovely prize.

Enjoy your afternoon with your relations leanfun.

Been busy running the iron over some crushed T-shirts that DH wants to take but having a cuppa now.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • rosemac
    Options
    Goodness there is mayhem going on across the road at the church. One of Motherwell Football Clubs players is getting married today and the whole first team have arrived in a coach as guard of honour. There were only four police at the start but they are appearing from everywhere as I think about half the supporters of the club have turned up. They are everywhere. They are also singing at the top of their voice lol. Nice to see them out in support though.
  • rosemac
    edited 2 June 2018 at 2:19PM
    Options
    The flute band and the Orange Lodge are marching through the town now. The Police must be tearing their hair out today, :rotfl:At least the bride got in to church before they march past . It is all going on today lol.
  • mummy2threeboys
    mummy2threeboys Posts: 1,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    oH indie..what a lovely win! I'd love a proper satchel! Well done x
    Oh leanfun such a shame about the tickets..hope you manage to win tickets for something else to do ! I hope you manage a lovely time In Greenwich..thanksfully no thunderstorms or rain so a great day for it.
    Alfie hope you are enjoying your gardening..Mine has become like a jungle! And the snails keep eating my plants ..the heavy rain is washing the pellets away! I shall have veg this year I shall.

Rosemac sounds umm fun! Are you curtain twitching still..I must admit I do like a good wedding, it's been a while now!

So Didn't get London holiday, never mind. We have had a good clothes and toys sort out, the boys bedrooms are neat as a pin.

So Now they are being sent upstair to play the ps4 whilst I pop a long awaited to watch dvd on and have a cuppa. Might be Black swan or Moulin Rouge..and some knitting. Although my hands and wrists are playing up. I managed to dislocate my wrist again (I have hypermobility and Arthritis) So whilst it doesn't hurt popping it in or out the next day it does ! Thinking of getting some of those wrist straps thingys.

Anywho..Love to all , and all I missed hugs and keep safe.
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
  • rosemac
    Options
    Morning folks. Not very nice here this morning. It has been raining since about 5pm yesterday so not so nice for shiels trip up to Dundee. Forecast for today does not look too great but at least it was a bit cooler for sleeping last night. Sore ear gone (no idea what caused it) so could not have been infection etc. Hip a bit stiff but getting used to that in the morning. It seems to ease of a bit as day goes on using the exercises physio gave me. Hopefully after appointment tomorrow I can put weight on both legs using crutches. I am seeing doc and physio so fingers crossed. Hope you are all well and thunder we had on Friday has not paid you a visit.
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning,we have sunshine here today so no visit from your thunder rose.Glad to hear your stiffness is easing , hope the trip to physio goes ok tomorrow. I should have been working today but the shift was cancelled (not bothered as working tomorrow and it's hard on the bones doing 2 shifts together). I have just put a load of washing in and another 3 loads to do. Bedding day today so just glad i can get them out and dry.Got the day to myself as son and his GF working so will do some housework then see what else needs doing. Hope you all have a lovely day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport