image of one .....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgT_H-bqYrzF7WpTMnt7ewS0JntZpM3fWFN8qwNgsr3fxXrufPAw

Used click & collect to buy them - getting very with
    it! :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm actually collecting them from a store out Lymington
    way so will enjoy the journey through the forest and may
    well stop at my favourite garden centre on the way back
    for a cuppa and a slice of cake. :drool:

Hope you managed to find a nice jacket yesterday leanfun.
    I thought the comments re the cruise comp were
    hilarious too, and like mummy2 loved the 'Pity it's not
    transferable' one! :eek: :rotfl::rotfl:

How was your trip yesterday mummy2 - it all sounds so
    interesting. :D Hope you manage to get out gardening
    today. So sorry to hear that your husband has not been
    himself (health wise) of late. Hope each day finds him
    feeling a little stronger. Sending big (((hugs))) to all. xxx
    Brilliant that your clothes win arrived so promptly, they
    sounded amazing! :T

Well had best get on - must remember to do comp catch
    up at some point today!

Have a lovely day all and please take care whatever
    your plans.

Alfie xxx coffee3-smiley.gif?1292867572
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    giphy.gif

Nice and sunny here at moment but rain due in afternoon. Nice weather not supposed to get here until Thursday I think - we are due rain and dreadful winds before that! Yesterday turned out nice though and we got a bit of gardening done. Was sitting out on garden wall chatting with some female neighbours by 4pm , we don't catch up often enough as we are all keen on breaks in our bit of the street.

The lights sound handy Alfie.

Managed to book our Spa morning for a Monday in July, going to stay at a Premier Inn in Cockermouth on the Sunday night so we can get there for 9am easier. Will also mean we can visit some lakes on the Sunday and I got a good price of £34 which is ok for summer.
    Must get on as want to get a bit more done in garden before the rain comes.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

Yesterday managed to do some gardening at moms house. I have decided I will put on the market some time in June , it has to be sold to pay her Nursing Home Fees.

Comping news - Had my £50 cheque from the Doritos promotion .

If you won a Joe mug from the kit kat promotion then some of the mugs had a fault in them, and they are advising everyone to not use them and a replacement is being sent out. I had my email , which also had a coupon for £3 worth of nestle chocolate. So on the way to my moms I stocked up with chocolate and two free packets of crisps which I had won from the promotion too.

Hope you all have a good Sunday x
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Options
    Morning, just been reading back as have the time today.No work...yay. Sorry to hear about your mum sheils,when you go for POA, Make sure you have all the details as down here you have to have 2. 1 for money, and the other for assets. I Llove comps, check with your solicitor/local council ref paying the home fees as some people with dementia get free care. I work with dementia.nursing and know a lot of families don't realise till it's too late. I have a lady in the home who's mother and father were in the same home and she has just been repayed thousands for her mother as she was paying fees when she didn't have to.
    I came home friday to a mag daily win from Country living, Many thanks to ff for posting the comp have won 2 Nights B&B at Murrayshall Hotel in Scone. Just waiting for the details to come through now, as hoping to treat my son and his GF to the trip. Right time to get out front in the garden and do some weeding. So much rain lately they love it...lol
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks indie,

If you mean CHC funding, then my mom does not qualify. She does get a small amount each week towards her nursing care.
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• sheils6
    Options
    tenor.gif?itemid=5006283

Hope you have a lovely day Sylvia x

• sheils6
    Options
    Well done on the win indie - I was after that! :D;)
    It is a long way for you. Do they pay the travel costs too?

• leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 April 2018 at 10:22AM
    Options
    Well done on wins I Love Comps. Great to have a money cheque. Upsetting having to decide to sell your mother house but good you are planning for it.

Indie great you have day off. Congratulations on win. It could be a good break for your DS and Gf. Schools back on Monday hope family are ok.

Alfie lights sound good. You are certainly with it. Do hope you stop for the coffee and cake and the weather is good for your trip.

Sheils pleased you have booked your soar ( edited spar) treatment. I too have never fancied a cruise. I have entered for some three day or one week cruise comps. DH has been on one before we were married and would not mind going on one again. We have friends who live near Southampton who are able to pick up bargain prices. on cruises and are always asking us to go with them. We have been in Madeira several times when they came in on a cruise. In fact I have watched so many people come in on cruises and so little time there that has put me off and all the queuing.

Mummy2threeboys hope you had a great day in Canterbury one of my favourite places. Sorry to hear your DH has not been feeling good. This winter has been really long. Our DD1 had a cold for weeks and although better still says she does not feel great. Hope you enjoy wearing your new clothes.

Firefly hope weather is good for you to go out in garden.

Reminds me no success with new jacket yesterday. A friend suggested I bought one of the new fold up bubble jackets. Either the colour or size was wrong and I tried in a lot. Came back tired out. Felt my age in M&S in the lingerie section it was overwhelming but eventually found what I was looking for.

Had GS here last night DD1 went out and then came back here. They have gone home early.

Have a good Sunday all especially

Sylvia Happy Birthday. Enjoy your day with family.
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Options
    Happy birthday Sylvia. Hope you have a lovely day.
    I Love comps, i can't remember what it is called now but it's not something they make known. They hope people don't find out about it. I will try and find out what it is called when at work next week.
    Sheils, can't remember what the comp said now and it is a long way. That is why i am waiting to see what the details are when they come through.
    Leanfun, family are ok thanks. Took nephew to Dr's last thursday and he was in there an hour doing all kinds of hand and arm tests then eyesight tests ect. He was passed fit to drive so no more school runs for me till he needs me again.
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    11c5483e.gifall :wave:

hope everyones well & ((hugs)) for anyone needing one x
    ive been out all morning on a rare day out for me lol
    as had an offer to go out to a garden centre :dance:
    2 of the ladies that live here asked me if I wanted to go
    along with them so I didn't hesitate lol,
    rushed in to get things sorted then off we went :dance:
    have had a lovely time with breakfast out manger.gif

well done on comp wins ilovecomps & indie :T:T

b829103a970c6b8bcf5137c30d5a3f9b--happy-birthdays-happy-birthday-cards.jpg
    happy birthday sylv gt7.gif
    hope you have a great day vil-fleurrs.gifxx

have a lovely rest of the day all x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure