The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning,

Up early to get organised to go up to Pitlochry.
    Just wanted to wish everyone a lucky week.
    Don’t think I will have internet while away so see you when I get back.

Sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning. Sheils you have a really good week with family. Be great seeing your GS and spending time with family. Hope the rain holds out for you.

Hi Wingo so good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your soaking by taxi. Hope all your family are well. We have been lucky here not so much rain. Feel so sorry for those in Yorkshire who have been flooded. Good luck with your competitions.

Friday was a crazy day. Autistic GS had a mega meltdown at school. They live too far away from us to be able to help. One of my nieces had an hysterectomy and she is not 35 and has had years of gyny problems. She was in theatre five hours but they managed operation by keyhole surgery and she is fine. Then in the evening a twitter friend messaged that her daughter was involved in a big accident on a motorway. It involved two lorries and two cars. Fortunately she came out with only very minor physical injuries but it will have been very traumatic. Difficult for friend to visit her daughter because of all the rain and roads closed.

Too much for one day. So we had a shut down weekend did very little but busy week ahead.

Take care everyone and good luck.
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Options
    wow, that was too much in a day.Glad your niece is ok, and friends daughter was not badly hurt.Hope your GS was ok after his meltdown.Not fun when you are far away and can't help.Let's hope it's a better week for you.I have been catching up with some courses i needed to do this morning. Equality and diversity...and health and safety in the workplace.They are all online now including the tests i passed those 2 and have 1 more to do but not today,2 is enough for anyone in a day.
    Hope the weather is good to you sheils, enjoy the cuddles with your GS and catching up with DS and GF.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Thanks Indie. Well done on the online courses. Two sounds enough in one day. Let us know what Shaun the Sheep is like. I offered to take 8 year old GS to cinema in the half term. Choice was Shawn the Sheep or i think it was the Abominals but he said no.
  • indie
    Options
    Morning, the film was ok, a few laughs in it but easy to watch.We have the sun out again here but it's cold out. Just catching up with housework today and taking DS to his hobby group later. Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Hi all. Yesterday we returned home from our stay in the W hotel from this competition

https://www.cntraveller.com/article/win-a-stay-at-the-w-london

It was amazing. They gave us a WOW suite which was on a corner overlooking Leister square. The suite was massive. It was open plan with two areas. The bed room had super king size bed an enormous TV. Sitting area was massive too again big TV on the wall. The bathroom had the biggest bath I have ever seen plus shower room with 2 showers also had two sinks. Most things in the rooms were controlled by two iPads so DH had fun with those.
    We went to see Matilda which turned out to be a great show. After much deliberation I did go for the spar treatment and found it very relaxing. The hotel staff were amazing. We went to the Leonardo exhibition at the National Gallery and yesterday we went in the portrait gallery. Plus I did a bit of Christmas shopping. We had a great time.

The location is very central but Downside is it’s a massive glass building surrounded by old buildings and just at the entrance to China town.

We were only home half an hour yesterday and I was sick. I think it was the sea food I had in a restaurant near the hotel the night before. Feeling a bit better now but weak.

Sheils hope you have had good time with family this week and the weather was good.

Indie film maybe not as good as we thought it might be but it’s an evening out.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Be lucky You never know.
  • indie
    Options
    Morning, glad you enjoyed your stay. It was a great win. I did laugh at your DH with the ipads. boys and their toys,lol. Hope you are over the sickness now it sounds like it was the seafood. I love it but you have to be careful with it.I recieved the phone and the company DM'd me to say the wrong one was sent and hope it was ok, i should say so as it was the next one up and worth a lot more money.That came yesterday and i was at work but DS signed for it. I am having a lazy day other than shopping as am due to work again tomorrow, Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    Morning,

Had a lovely break although came back feeling like we need another break to get over that one! The weather was pretty cold but sunny. There was snow on the hills around us and the scenery amazing. Lodge was recently refurbished and hot tub fun . Lovely to see everyone. DS3’s gf came as well so we had a full house one night. Getting the hang of doing baby things again after 21yrs.

Glad you had a lovely break leanfun, shame you got sick. DH is bad for getting things like that when we have been away.

Really jealous of your new phone indie.

Must get on as so much to do. DD is moving into a new flat near the hospital she works in . Glad about that really with winter here as a long drive in bad weather. She has night shifts coming up this week so will be great for her just to drive 3 mins instead of 50.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Morning. Wow to the new phone Indie. Well done that it was an upgrade.
    Hope you have a restful day. Twitter wanted a security check the other day and my ancient mobile has packed up. So at present I can’t log into Twitter. See on here a number of people have been locked out. I did do too many comps before I went away.

Sheils great you had a good break with family and it was fun but cold. Lovely to see your grandson. Know what you mean about when you go away with family it is tiring. So pleased your DD is able to move near her hospital it will make such a difference,

Well sickness was not from sea food as DH was very sick in the night. My stomach still aches but not as bad. DS has come home so hoping he doesn’t get it.

A parcel came with a Doctor Who CD while we were away. So a present for the Doctor Who fan in the family.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • indie
    Options
    Morning,great news about your DD sheils. It will make her days a little easier living close by and not having to drive through rush hour traffic to get to work. Well done on the CD win leanfun. Hope your DS didn't get the bug and your all over it now.I have a busy day driving family around today,and thankfully the sun is out so no rain and getting wet.Work was ok yesterday but was glad to get to home as legs and lower back hurt by the time i got in last night. I took some meds and went to bed.Feel better today. Hope you all have a good day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure