The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Indie well done in wins especially £100. Hope your cough is better.

Ho and Sheils on £1 at least you are getting somewhere with the points. That was a lot of walking. Pleased you enjoyed York and not too much rain. It’s been cold here last couple of days.

This week is going quickly.

Earlier in week we went into M&S on way to pick up GS. I was looking for trousers and DH slippers. I found some that only just fit and £29.99 on tag, but feeling desperate I though I’d buy them. DH fount slippers. At checkout trousers came up £35.50 so not being sure about them I thought no. So still need new trousers.
    Today on way to pick GS up from childminder we called into TKMAX. We found a nice Ben Sherman for DS only £19.99 and HD found two jumpers. Have to say we were impressed with their things and how the shop was organised. I ran out of time find anything for myself but will go back.

It’s a bit late but I managed to cut back a large shrub in front garden. So feeling very pleased but tired.

Good luck everyone this month.
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning, glad you had a good time away sheils, that was a lot of steps you did.My feet would ache before that amount.
    Shame about the trousers leanfun but hope you find a pair that your happy with soon.We have a big TKMAX in our big shopping centre but it's been a long time since i went into it.Some workmates were saying if you go to the back of the store they sell lots of designer gear at cut rate prices.Well done on getting the hedge cut back, i will have to do the bush by the front door as i noticed it attacks you on the way out,lol.
    I had a twitter win on wednesday won a phone a Pixel 4 couldn't believe it as it's £699 to buy so well out of my price bracket and have only ever won a few small prizes on twitter. I recieved the £100 i won in my bank the next day,so i have had a good week with wins so far.
    I was working yesterday,but off for a few days now glad about that as cough is going but slowley and it's so hot in the rooms it's uncomfortable to work in.I am off back to the dentists this morning as DS's filling came out. It was a small one but hopefully this one will stay in place. Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Wow Indie well done. The phone is a great twitter win and you have the money already. Certainly a good win. Hope you have a restful few days off and your cold goes. It was the big hypericum I have cut back as it was soreading out over onto the pavement.

I will certainly go back to the TKMX near daughters. They had the men’s designer designer jumpers near the door.

We are awake late again after looking after. GS till late. DH went to Lighening Seeds with a friend. It’s the last time I have said we will go over there in the week till late. We are by ourselves this weekend.

Hope everyone has a good and lucky weekend.
  • indie
    Options
    Morning, it's a sunny start here but freezing outside.Charlie is going out having a quick wee then in again, no spending 20 mins sniffing all round the garden as he usually does.I was watching the news about the rainfall and floods up north...terrible for everyone involved.I hope that's the last of the heavy rainfall for them and they can get sorted as soon as possible.
    I have nothing planned for today so will just potter around indoors.
    Hope you all have a good weekend.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Sunny here too Indie but cold. Made me smile thinking of Charlie just in and out. Agree about the rain and floods. Terrible for people when it is so cold too. Have a restful day.

Good luck all.
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello long lost friends :D :wave: Hope everyone is well and having some good luck :) With Xmas fast approaching I realise how much I miss comping! There were times when I had Xmas sorted through wins! Hopefully I'll find the time to get back into it and I miss the chat too.

Sheils, I bet you can't wait for your 1st Xmas with your new grandchild :)

I was hoping for a quiet night in chilling but sons just informed me he's having friends over to stay. Enjoy your evening everyone x
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    Indie the phone is a great prize - well done. My Sony Experia was won many years ago and really needs to be replaced but I am too mean to buy a decent replacement!

It is upsetting to see all the flooding in Yorkshire. Feeling pretty glad to be back home.

Lovely to see you in the Inn wingo. Miss our chats. I'm afraid we will probably be on our own for Xmas as everyone will be working really long hours on Xmas day apart from DS1 who is still in Sydney. Will be seeing our grandson on Monday though at a lodge we have booked for a few nights.

We had rain for most of the day today so not done very much. Supposed to get sunshine tomorrow though.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is awful seeing all the flooding everywhere. We don't have flooding here but great big puddles everywhere. A taxi driver sped up when I was coming out of work yesterday just so he could soak me and my friend! I was already wet by then anyway as we had hailstone and heavy rain then.
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    wingobins wrote: »
    It is awful seeing all the flooding everywhere. We don't have flooding here but great big puddles everywhere. A taxi driver sped up when I was coming out of work yesterday just so he could soak me and my friend! I was already wet by then anyway as we had hailstone and heavy rain then.

Sorry wingo had to laugh! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • indie
    Options
    Morning, hello wingo lovely to see you. Sorry to hear you got a soaking by the taxi. There is a law now that says if you get there reg number they can be fined for it. It happened to me and my DS many years ago when we were walking home from school, a driver thought it would be fun to drive through a puddle and soak us.
    It's a dry but chilly day here at the moment. I took DS to work yesterday afternoon and saw 2 rainbows, even saw the end of one but it was a long way off,lol. We are going to cinema later today to see Shaun the sheep. Hope you all have a good day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure