The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning. Indie hope your cough goes soon. It seems to be a really bad one going around.

DD1 drove home last night. She managed the journey with the children asleep. It’s over two and half hours so we were relieved when we
    heard they were home.
    Indie we didn’t go out yesterday but on Wednesday drove to a different park with a big play area. It had a very nice small cafe so we had lunch there and although it was cold they enjoyed it. DD1 brought son over that evening and we all had dinner together. It was great seeing the two little ones. Yesterday they dressed up as a witch and a skeleton and I took them over to see neighbour, who gave them some treats.

More bed changing as DS is coming again this weekend. Sheils your family meet up in lodge sounds great. Hope you wrap up warm and enjoy York.

Late last night I had a last minute go at the elusive bird and a witches had popped up, I had all but one of everything except 10p. So I won a £1. Can't say I didn’t win anything this time.

Yesterday an Ed Sheeran CD arrived from a TW win. So grandson was really pleased. He’s only 6 but into music in a very big way.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on the wins, glad you got a win on the bird in the end,lol. Let's hope we have a few good wins now it's another new month.I am off work till sunday now although manager wanted me to work tomorrow as well but had to say no as still have cough and know i wouldn't be able to do 2 x 12 hour shifts together. We had rain all morning but it's stopped now and it feels like it has warmed up a little. Hope you have all had a good morning.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Been a dreadful wet day here, not been over the door. Been getting bits and pieces done for both our next trips and watched an episode of Downton Abbey. Watched the first 5 episodes on Amazon Prime now as I have a months free trial on it. DH reading free kindle books on it and have had a few orders delivered for Xmas too including some booze as it is much more expensive in Scotland.

Well done on wins leanfun. Sounds like you have had fun with the family.

You are right not to do too much indie. Hope your cough goes soon.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Pouring rain here now and very windy.

Indie well done in saying no to work today. You need time to get better tomorrow is soon enough for work. Hope you DS’s is not too bad.

Hope everyone has a restful weeekend.
  • indie
    Options
    Same here rain and gale force winds. I just took DS's GF to work and we nearly got taken off our feet just going to the car.I had a few things to pick up in the shop and won't be going out again today. We binge watched the last series of Downton on Amazon Prime sheils before we went and saw the film.I enjoyed the film and they have said they may bring another one out. So a waiting game now.
    I hope you all have a good weekend.
  • indie
    Options
    Morning, it's raining here and the sun is out,lol. Strange weather we are having.I am off to the dentist later, DS has an appointment for a filling and i park in Aldi's so will have a look around in there and pick up a few bits.I hope you all have a lucky day.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Sun was out here no rain yet. Hope dentist goes well for DS Indie. We don’t have an Aldi’s near here but they do have lots a bit cheeper. Hope your cold is getting better.

DD1 came with a friend and GS for a meal yesterday evening and DS was here. DH is not too keen but we had Indian take away. DH and I don’t like spicy but they have some very nice tandoori chicken. We are lucky to have a good restaurant near.

Sheils hope it’s not too cold and journey was ok.

Hope everyone is well. Good luck all.
  • sheils6
    Options
    Morning,

Bit wet here as expected! Heading to McArthur Glen retail park and then into York later. Trying to decide if we want to eat at Cafe Rouge or Prezzo later. Really like them both especially with Meerkat deals.
    Stayed at a Holiday Inn at Garforth last night, needed a holiday Inn stay to add to a points task. Should get enough extra points for 2/3rds of a free stay somewhere else after this!

Found a 4 leaf clover yesterday so maybe thats a lucky sign for me.
    Must get on.

• indie
    Options
    Morning, yes thanks dentist went ok. Taking DS's girlfriend to Dr's this morning for an appointment.She could get a bus but there is a 20 min walk to get a bus that goes there as no buses from here stop that way now.so it's easier for me to take them to appointments.
    I am like you leanfun, don't like spicy food and even the smells turns me off it,lol.
    Hope you enjoyed your meal sheils, wherever you ate.Hope the clover is lucky for you.
    I had 2 wins yesterday a book from a mag daily. Think it was a runners up prize as didn't enter any to win a book and then had a win on FB £100. So that was a good start to the week.Right better get a wriggle on as got to be at DR's for 9. Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • sheils6
    Options
    Morning,

Well done on the wins indie, you are doing well.
    I won £1 on GfK Media!
    I am doing well with IHG and bonus points though as they have two schemes
    on the go and they work together so few free nights on the cards.
    Had a nice break in York, lots of lovely meals. Sometimes we go away and never seem to eat anything very great, depends what deals I find. We had some rain but mainly ok and it wasn’t cold. Did do a lot of walking as the hotels were just outside the city. Did about 19,000 steps on 2 days - feet felt it a bit!
    We love Indian food but I don’t have the spiciest ones. I like mine creamy.
    Must get some washing organised.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills