The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good Afternoon,

Seem to have been really busy! Had a lovely 2 nights away at the Metro Centre and then South Shields before coming home to go to DD's Graduation. Everything went well and we had a nice meal out at night after a few glasses of Prosecco in the afternoon!

Roman Exhibition sounds good leanfun. We do a lot of things like that.
    Well done on another book win.

Saw warnings about the rain indie. We started off with frost this morning but it has turned to rain although not the heavy kind!
    Will keep fingers crossed for your new job.

Hoping to have a relaxing weekend although have dog duties on Sunday.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Options
    Morning, glad you had a good time away sheils. You must be very proud of your daughter and so you should be.Well done on her graduating.
    We have had heavy rain again overnight,and it's been very windy. Rain has stopped but still have winds.It's not cold out as took DS to work then did a small shop.I have won £10 on TopCashBack with 4 eyeballs.I was saying to DS earlier that wins have been scarce this month and then go and win that.lol.
    Hope you all have a good weekend
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow well done Indie on TopCashBack win. That’s a record. I was pleased when I won £5 last time it was running.

Same here with rain. It’s been very cold and dark here
    too. DH sneezed and doesn’t feel too good so I’ve been around the coop for a few bits instead of going out in car to shops.

In the week we managed to defrost Freezer part of fridge freezer and I just saw an email from Delia Smith.co saying time to defrost freezer before C.

This week we have also booked flights for GKs in Scotland to come for Christmas. Prices were not too bad. At first I felt tired out thinking about C but need to get really organised once we have this next week over with DD2 and GKs visit. DS is home this weekend but he mostly does his own meals as he is vegetarian or he has something with our veg.

Feel sorry for those with lots of rain. Take care all and zooid luck.
  • sheils6
    Options
    Well done on £10 win indie - I have won 20p and 10p!

Been a beautiful sunny day here. Had my BIL (builder) doing some pointing work on the house and got all my towels dry outside so successful day.

Great you are having your GKs at Xmas leanfun. Xmas is never great for us now with DS1 in Sydney, DS2 and DS3 always cooking for other people in hotels and now DD is a nurse and working from 7.30am - 9.30pm this year!!! Used to be so good with 4 kids.

• indie
    Options
    Evening, hope your DH is feeling better leanfun. DS's GF is just getting over a cold and has given it to me. I am coughing and spluttering but no runny nose yet.(hopefully that has passed me by.)Well done on booking the flights for GK's for xmas, that will be here before we know it. I know what you mean sheils ref no kids at christmas.But you have your first GS to spoil. I always tell people at work, enjoy these times with your kids as time flies and they are grown up before you know it.
    It's been a lovely sunny day here and i managed to get some washing dried outside.Hope you have all had a good day.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Been an odd day here. It was very sunny but a bit chilly. This afternoon I went over to visit neighbour,. It’s over two years since her husband died and she has done so well. She has health problems but her sons who are near enough come every week and the one far away comes every few months. She was a bit upset as last Monday late afternoon she had a fall at the front of her house when she went out to the dustbins. She is on the corner opposite to us a lot of people passed and she called out but it was a long time before a young man came and helped her. She has a very badly bruised ankle but was lucky not to break any thing.

Feel quite pleased with myself as I’ve managed to post some comps. I am very prone to making mistakes so here’s hoping brain was not too fudduddled and no mistakes. Just need to to enter them now.

Indie sorry to hear you caught the cold from DS’s girlfriend. Hope it doesn’t get worse. Thanks DH’s so far has come to nothing.

Sheils even though ours are grown up they still come home as they are lucky and not working like yours. My sister is a nurse and always working too. It must be very strange for you and your DH. Great you had good weather today.

Even though I say it myself I made a good massive vegetable pasta today. DH and I had some chicken with it and when DS came home from watching football he made something to go with it. I’ve frozen about half of ii. If DD2 comes that’s two meals in freezer. I made a large shepherd’s pie last week.

Hope everyone has a good week.
  • indie
    Options
    Morning, I love making enough meals to freeze some but sad to say that don't happen often in my house now as DS and his GF will have seconds if they see any left over.Glad your DH's cold came to nothing leanfun, mine is just gone to my chest so taking lots of medicine to try and clear it.
    It's a cold day here, dry but temps have really dropped and you notice it just going to the car.Must hunt gloves and scarves out as think we will be needing them now.
    Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Morning. We had a surprise yesterday afternom DD1 sent a message that they were coming last night instead of today. DS was here intending to go back today but decided to go back yesterday. Changing beds it felt like a B&B. Other GS stayed over the weekend. DD1 had a good journey and arrived about nine wth both children asleep in car. They are up now. Hope it doesn’t rain too much and we can take them out.

Indie sorry to hear your cold has gone on to your chest. Hope medicine helps. I think there’s been a lot of it about. Lo to seconds Indie. When family come fridge is full and soon empties. We should be skinny with the amounts we eat.

Sheils well done at least you had the 10p and 20p no luck here.

End of months again this week. Good luck everyone.
  • sheils6
    Options
    Morning,

Been having a nice sunny spell of weather here but been getting frost through the night so chilly starts.

Hope your cold goes soon indie. Got a bit of a cough and sniffle here but nothing much.

Sounds like you are being kept busy leanfun. We have hired a lodge with a hot tub for next month and family are coming to that so no bedding for me to change! It was a bargain so hopefully ok. Will be really handy for DS3 and his new gf and DS2 and family only an hour or so away. DD will be on holiday (already) so coming up with us I think.

Off to York for a few nights on Sunday but looks like it will be fairly wet by then which is annoying after all the sunshine. Not been to York for a while as it is so expensive.

Must get on. Hope everyone has a nice day and good luck. x

• indie
    Options
    Morning, Hope you could get the GK's out yesterday leanfun, I was at work and we had quite a nice day. Cold but dry with sunshine now and again.I hope the weather holds for you sheils when your in York.
    Your lodge sounds great next month and even better there will be no bedding to wash with your family coming as well.
    I still have the chesty cough but it's easing a bit now. DS has got it now so hopefully once it's been round us all it we will be ok for a while.
    I have a few bits to pick up at the shops later but not planned anything else. I hope you all have a lucky day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure