First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations enjoy your new grandson x
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Congratulations on the safe arrival of your grandson Sheils
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning, another wet day here.Looking at the forecast it will be dry tomorrow. Thats a nice name for your grandson sheils, i have a workmate who named her son that. That's a great weight for a first born. They do send them home early now, don't know about where you live but if it's a 2nd born they send you out a few hours later. I expect they are both glad it's all over and they are home.
    I was at work yesterday,have a few days off now so just relaxing today other than food shopping. Hope you all have a good weekend
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning. Sheils you have joined the club of grandmothers. Like the name. A very big baby. We were kept in hospital too long when I had mine but now it seems very quick. Hope their area has a good midwifery visiting system. You are lucky that we now have Skype and FaceTime and not just photos.

Indie hope you have a restful few days off.

Hope everyone has a good weekend whatever you are doing and good luck.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    Beautiful day here, even the wind has died down.
    We had been meaning to visit Alfie tomorrow but DD wanted to come with us so we deferred it until Tuesday when she is off work. Turns out we could have gone tomorrow but family are having other visitors now so we won't overcrowd them. They live in Clackmananshire, about 2 and a half hours away so will make it a long day. We usually head off on a break when we visit but will just come back with DD.

Going to a light show and fireworks tonight in our town. We were away last year when they were on so looking forward to seeing them.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • indie
    Options
    Afternoon, still wet and raining here. Have put heating on as not very warm. I hope you enjoyed the light show and fireworks sheils. I just popped out to pay some bills and pick a few bits up.Nothing else planned for the day. Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Morning. We have heating on for a bit here too Indie a bit nippy now. Hope you had a restful day yesterday.

Sheils hope you have a lovely day visiting GS. Shame they live so far away.

Hope everyone is well and good luck.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Morning. Some good news this week. DD1 had a letter saying she she has a non malignant polyp and other things but basically saying she’s ok and they have booked another smear test for next year. So that’s great news.

My sister had been worried about her Son in law. He had not been able to eat for weeks. In the end he was hospitalised. This week the news is he has a hiatus hernia. He’s only 33. A bit like your DS’s girl friend Indie. Hope she is coping with it. Usually it’s older people that have this.

Sheils great you met your GS. I remember our first GK. They sent a pic on email and I thought it’s a baby. Later they sent another and he had his eyes open and I thought Ho no he looks just like his Dad. Yes, he was a mini me. Our three GS ‘s are all mini mes of their dads.
    Sheils did he have long nails or dry skin on his hands? Our DD1 was overdue and had both.

Well better crack on trying to be up to date before half terms. Should have had GKs from Scotland this week but we didn’t arrange it. Weekend and next week have local GS. Then following week DD2 and her two. Even English half terms not the same this time.

Good luck everyone.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Had a lovely time visiting our new grandson thanks.
    Didn’t notice dry skin or long nails leanfun.
    Our town really busy with holiday makers on half term. Our area has 2 weeks not sure about other areas but being close to England we are busy for most of October.
    We have had serious rain off and on all day but did have enough dry weather to get towels dry and have a walk.
    Heading off to Newcastle area and then South Shields on Sunday.
    It is DDs graduation on Wednesday so another busy week.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • indie
    Options
    Morning, Great news about your DD1 leanfun.Yes your right about the hiatus hernia,is usually older people that get it but like many illnesses people seem to be getting younger nowadays.Sounds like you have another buy half term with the GK. I hope the weather changes and you have some dry days so you can get out and about with them.
    Hope you got lots of cuddles with new GS sheils.Our kids have just a week off for half term.
    I have been working the last 2 days,so busy-busy for me. Should have worked just a half day wednesday but they asked me to stay all day so i did. I came home to a nice surprise last night not a win,well could be called one but got just under £600 refund from income tax. Never had a rebate like that before but very welcome before christmas.
    DS has Dr's appointment today,we are hoping his results from the camera will be back.Then i have food shopping to do. Hope you all have a lucky day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure