The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning, suns out here and it's windy but dry.I was going to work but the shift was cancelled so have today off. Good job really as i didn't get up till after 7.Very unusual for me. I got my lamps and are pleased with them.I have nothing planned for today so will just potter around. Hope you all have a lucky day
  • indie
    Options
    Just had an email from Kallo foods. I have won a years supply of peanut butter. (12 jars) We all eat it in this household so will be useful.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    Had a really, really wet night here but sun is out now so got a line of washing out.

Have booked a Best Western Hotel in York with hotels.com and Tesco vouchers and worked fine. Saved £30 in total on one night B&B so pleased with that as York is so expensive. Only changed £20 so will be able to change more later.

Glad you were pleased with lamps indie and well done on the peanut butter win. Enjoy. (Can't stand the stuff myself! )

Shame your DH is in pain leanfun as walking is such a great excercise.
    Parents weren't too bad yesterday.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • indie
    Options
    Morning well done on booking a break in York sheils. I went there many years ago and found it expensive then. It's a sunny start to the day here but chilly. I put the heating on for a couple of hours to heat the house up first thing.DS and his GF are working today at different times so i will drop the GF off in a minute and do some food shopping.Then DS is working a late shift. Going to watch the last season of Downton Abbey (only 3 left to watch) as want to go watch the film next week so catching up first.Hope you all have a good weekend.
  • sheils6
    Options
    Afternoon,

Been pretty dull here and been threatening rain for a while.
    Got our heating on in morning and at night.
    Have never watched Downton Abbey indie so not going to see the film.
    I have heard from fans that the film is good though.
    Heading up to DS2's area for a couple of nights tomorrow but no sign of baby yet.

• indie
    Options
    Morning, it's cold out today but suns out. Going to potter around out back later and tidy garden up.I have a raspberry plant i brought earlier in the year and it's produced lots of berries. I was picking them off and eating them last night,lol. I didn't realise it was a late producer but reading up on it it will keep the raspberries coming till the first frost.Anyway time for a coffee,hope you all have a good day.
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your Raspberries sound great Indie. I’ve never grown them.

Been having problems with internet, keeps going dow.

Yesterday I had. WEM from Primary Times I’ve won a children’s book. So another thing towards Christmas.

Hope everyone is well and good luck all.
  • sheils6
    Options
    Hi,

Been a really windy day. Could feel the wind when travelling back from Stirling. No baby yet but going to be induced tomorrow afternoon if not appeared by then. Think the stress really getting to DS!

I bought some raspberries today indie - like them with my porridge.
    Nice when you can eat something you have grown yourself.

Well done on the book win leanfun. Used to love winning stuff for Xmas.
    Not won anything like that so far this year and not a lot last year either.
    Annoying when the internet plays up.

• indie
    Options
    Morning, well done on the book win leanfun.It's great when you win stuff you can put away for christmas and birthdays.
    Hopefully the baby will be here today sheils, men are funny i expect he will wonder why he stressed when it's all over,lol.
    I am taking son to hospital this morning, got to be there early as he is taking the camera pill, then has to wear a belt for 8 hours. Apparently they put all the data together then make a video of it. So glad the hospital is only 10 mins away so shouldn't get caught in any traffic jams.
    Hope you all have a good day.
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks re book.

Sheils hope baby arrives today. Thinking of you all. Lo to your DS its very stressful for Dads.

Indie at last they are doing something for your DS. Hope this proceedure is able to determine what is wrong and they can help.

Take care all and good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport