The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done leanfun. Great prize for you too! Must admit I never enter London comps as would need to get the train and so expensive and awkward for us.
    The Illuminations were good but the fireworks were out of this world. Love fireworks. Hope everyone will be well soon.
    Back home now.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Sheils. Prices for trains to London are expensive. NLACKPOOL Fireworks sound great.
    Pleased you are home. Keep thinking of you and family. Our first was ten days late. I think everyone else was much more worried than me.

DD2 GKs ate better and fortunately she didn’t get it. They are back to school tomorrow.

Good luck with end of months everyone.
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Options
    Morning
    Still raining here, but the wind has gone.Work was ok yesterday we ended up with 2 of us at my end as the lad working with us had to rush off as his dad was taken to hospital.Didn't hear anything before we finished so hoping he was ok.Can't believe we are at the end of another month again, i got EOM's done last week,which makes a change for me,lol. Let's hope we get a few nice wins from them. I am not doing a lot today, just resting and as i am off till friday there is plenty of time to catch up with housework.Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • indie
    Options
    Morning, I think we are all rained out down here as it's supposed to be dry today.We had some sunshine in between heavy showers yesterday.The temps have really dropped so may have to think about getting the woolies out. I have nothing planned for today, other than housework. Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • sheils6
    Options
    Good Morning,

Had some decent weather here yesterday after quite a bit of rain and the sun is out already. Was hoping to try a final cut of the lawns but DH going for haircut and got to take DDs dog out so will see. Been flooding not that far from here so been lucky.
    DD has started her full time job in a secure mental health unit near Dumfries and is enjoying it although struggling with money at the moment as she isn’t getting paid until well over 5wks after she started. As even her petrol costs nearly £50 a week bank of mum and dad have
    had to step in. Her car insurance up for renewal too!
    Grandchild not appeared yet though will be induced next week if it doesn’t come sooner.
    Have got my caravan prize booked for next May. Did get the choice of sites but had to take a weekend which is unusual as usually have choice of midweek or weekend. Pleased with that anyway.
    Good luck to everyone.

• indie
    Options
    Glad your DD is enjoying her job sheils. She is lucky to have bank of mum and dad as it's a long time to wait 5 weeks for pay. I would be the same as you,if my son needed help i would give it.Some stories i hear from youngsters at work shock me the way there parents are with them. Let's hope the baby arrives before next week so she don't have to be induced, but baby's being babies won't come till they are ready. Good news about getting your holiday win booked for May.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Sheils great news your DD is settling into her new job and enjoying it. As Indie says five weeks is a long time to wait for payday after being a student. Thankfully you are able to help her and I’m sure she appreciative.
    Know what you mean about Parent’s Indie I heard some horror stories when I was working. In recent years we even lost some friends because we helped our DS when his marriage broke up and he came home from America. Nowt as strange as folks sometimes. These people had no children but were over the top with their pets.

Pleased you have organised your caravan win Sheils. Agree hope baby is here before next week.

Good luck all.
  • indie
    Options
    Your right there leanfun Nowt as strange as folks,
    It's a Brrrrr start to the day here, at least we had no frost but some places did.I am off to buy a couple of floor lamps later as my one has given up the ghost but it is nearly 10 years old. So i have seen a couple i like so will buy both.Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • sheils6
    Options
    Morning,
    Nice and cosy here as had heating on!
    Got DD sorted out for now. So many of her student nurse friends have large overdrafts and loans and their parents don’t seem to have helped much. I know some maybe can’t but I know one whose mum didn’t even cook her a meal while cooking her own.
    Been busy catching up with things as usual and must visit parents today.
    Just noticed Hotels.com are a partner on Tesco now so can change vouchers for 3x their value to spend on some hotels on their site. Got £50 saved up in vouchers so could be set to splash out! Got to pay taxes separately but still looks a good deal.
    Have fun shopping indie.
    Must get on.

• leanfun30
    Options
    Morning

Enjoy shopping Indie.
    Sheils hope your parents are jogging along reasonably well. My DH’s leg is a lot better but he’s still in pain. Doctor told him it’s wear and tare but he did send him for X-ray of hip but it’s his muscle that is painful.

Sheils that’s great news for you about Tesco vouchers.

Good luck all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport