The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hair cut sounds good Indie. The fog sounds scary. It was DS’s birthday yesterday. He went to a football match then came home for dinner. DD1, her friend and GS came over. I cooked a roast dinner but I don’t think it was as good as usual. Haven’t cooked one for quite some time.

We are off to Lidl’s this afternoon to see what we can find. Very dark and cold here today.

Twitter seemed to be down this morning here. Good luck everyone.
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wet and dark here today.Hope your DS had a good birthday.I like Lidl's and Aldi and love having them so close now. Only takes 5 mins to walk to both.Did you find anything good there?
    I am off to local shopping centre soon, have a few small pressies i want to pick up then should be ready to wrap them.
    Hope you all have a good day.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Cold here. Thanks Indie DS did have a good birthday. He went to a football match and then came home for dinner. His children phoned him but we didn’t get to speak to them. Won’t be long till they are here for Christmas. Unfortunately DS felt ill late Sunday night he wasn’t sick but very hot and had terrible stomach pains yesterday.

Our nearest supermarket is Lidl’s. I found some Harry Potter Christmas presents there, which were much cheaper so was pleased. Lidl’s do some good Italian food at a good price. I also found a good toy for my nieces’s son. I’m nearly there with presents.

Take care and good luck everyone.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    Weather wet and miserable here too indie Supposed to brighten up tomorrow.
    Got to travel nearly 30 miles if go to Aldi or Lidl so tend to stick to Tesco which is just down the road.

Not cooked a roast dinner for a little while either leanfun as DD not been here for a meal for a while. We did buy a bargain roast pork a few days ago though but have frozen it as DD is coming on Saturday night but going out to watch a band so not wanting anything special. We usually having a pizza on Saturday especially when heading off on Sunday.

Can't believe November will soon be over and Advents will be starting again soon! Not had many wins at all this year so won't be expecting anything, although the Forest Holiday and caravan weekend were lovely prizes. Have been trying to sort out the Mag Dailies as some really nice prizes at the moment. Must get on.
    Good Luck all.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on the Harry Potter presents leanfun.Their prices are good on a lot of items.
    Good idea to freeze the meat sheils, i do that when i see a bargain,buy it and freeze it for later on.Your right about the mag dailies there are a lot of good ones and a few good holidays there as well. I see from the Advent list that a few have already started. I hope the prizes are better this year as i thought there wasn't very good ones last year or maybe it was because there wasn't a lot there i was interested in.We have to get Black friday over with first,lol.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    We over slept really late this morning. I keep thinking it’s not long till the longest day.
    Indie this Black Friday certainly generates loads of emails kept deleting them yesterday. Don’t know about whether I’m going to do many advents not had a lot of luck with them. Will have a look at the prizes.

Sheils good idea about the meat. I expect you have much better quality meat your way. We do have a butchers very near but he’s exceptionally expensive and we have been disappointed with the meat. Wish you luck with the mag comps Sheils. I’m still thinking back to our stay in London it was a dream time.
    Take care all and good luck,
  • sheils6
    Options
    Evening all!

Had a busy day trying to catch up with my walking again. Did have a lovely day for it and a few more to come by the look of it.
    Been trying to sort out which breaks we should do in the next few months as pretty good prices about. Village Hotels have released their Black Friday deals but difficult to get 2 cheap nights together.
    So far only bought an aftershave in the deals so its not tempting me at the moment. Waiting to see if Parkdean is going to offer much tomorrow. Like a few caravan breaks for a change. Had a few offers from private sites we sometimes use but they were expensive. (usually book when they are selling off breaks later as we normally want to go in quiet times)
    Did have a quick look at the Advents but not sorted or entered anything yet.
    Must get on and do some MDs.

• leanfun30
    Options
    Overslept here again this morning. Couldn’t get to sleep last night.
    Sheils don’t think I’m going to buy anything today but need to buy a few more Presents. Hope you find some good deals today Sheils. I’ve been trying to get ahead with the main board and do a few mags some days. Not sure if I’m going to do many advents.

Good luck everyone.
  • sheils6
    Options
    Morning,
    Been having frosty starts but sunny days here which is what we like in the winter. Means we don’t get out until the afternoon most days though.
    Like you leanfun we have been sleeping in in the mornings, not that it really matters most of the time.
    Booked a couple of breaks yesterday. One for 16th Dec back to the Yorkshire Forest Holiday (have won 2 holidays there before ) and one to Northumberland in May to join up with the weekend I won in Berwickshire.
    Pleased with those and maybe book one or two more today. Head is spinning with prices and ideas so comps have taken a back seat.

Hope you aren't working too hard indie.

• leanfun30
    Options
    Well done in sorting the bookings Sheils. Can understand that your head was spinning. Great you have some sun Sheils.

We had a surprise evening out last night thanks to Show Film First. We went to a play Dangerous Obsession. It was only three actors in a psychological thriller. Have to say acting was brilliant and we were given great seats in the middle of row B. Just as well as DH forgot to put his hearing aid in .
    Yesterday as we were on our way out I managed to book another offer of tickets for a radio recoding of a saxophonist in a Soho studio for next week. It’s not really my scene but DH was keen and it’s 80’s music.

It was very cold as we came home last night. Frost on a lot of cars. Hope it’s not too bad your way Indie

Take care all. Have a good weekend and best of luck with end of Months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure