The Compers Inn (part 48)

Options

Comments

• leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear you and husband picked up flue like bug Sheils. We have had some friends who had it and they were really ill. Hope it doesn’t last too long for you. Sorry you missed seeing family. Take care.
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning, well done on the board game win leanfun. I won a small teddy on the advent a couple of days ago.I was working yesterday so only did a few advents last night before i went to bed.I was working today but they cancelled so will enjoy the time off.
    Sorry you haven't been well sheils, hope you both feel better soon. There is a lot of bugs going around and as it's winter there seems to be more this year.
    AprilLady, i expect the course sounded a good idea at the time,lol. But you have done it now.Well done. I have courses to do in my job some yearly,some 3 yearly and i hate it but they have to be done by law.
    I am off shopping for a few bits later then going to comp.Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • leanfun30
    Options
    Morning very dark and wet here today. Sheils hope you and husband are feeling a lot better. Take care. I had a look at a few mag dailies yesterday and there are lots of comps there for you. Never seen so many hotel stays.

Indie well done on the teddy win. Let’s hope there are more wins to come. I wasn’t going to do many advents but I’ve been sucked in. Hope you had a relaxing day when work was cancelled.

Later today DD2 is coming by herself to visit us for an overnight stay it’s going to be a very short visit but will be great to see her.

April we’ll done on completing your course. I went to college as a mature student and know it’s not easy.

Well good luck everyone with all the comps.
  • indie
    Options
    Morning, weather is the same here,wet and it's so dark out. Just took DS's GF to work as had to pick up my meds and it saved her getting wet.
    I got sucked in to the advents as well leanfun,lol. I was going to be so choosy this year then it sucks you in.Let's hope we all have a good win on them. Enjoy your day with your DD.
    Hope you all have a lucky day
  • AprilLady
    AprilLady Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    indie wrote: »
    AprilLady, i expect the course sounded a good idea at the time,lol. But you have done it now.Well done. I have courses to do in my job some yearly,some 3 yearly and i hate it but they have to be done by law.
    leanfun30 wrote: »
    April we’ll done on completing your course. I went to college as a mature student and know it’s not easy.

Haha, yes it did, but in the end I almost went crazy - the workload and pressure was insane! I'm now a qualified Nutritional Therapist but I don't think I have the confidence to do that as a career now, which is what I intended to do!

So comping has taken a back seat these past few years - would be really nice to win something in the Advents, but I'm not holding out much hope!
    Enjoy the rest of your day everyone! I'm off to work now. *grumble*
  • indie
    Options
    Hope you get your confidence back AprilLady.You never know it's a new year soon.I hope you have some luck in the advents.
    I was at work yesterday,but am off now till next friday, i was offered every day next week but i have Dr's and hospital visits and i am happy just doing 2-3 shifts a week.It wouldn't do my body any good doing more shifts anyway even if i wanted to do more,lol I had a great shift yesterday as was on bottom floor (residential) where the residents do nearly everything themselves so quite a lazy day really. DS is at work today his GF is going to a carol service with her nan, so most of the day is mine. Just going to catch up with comps. It's wet and windy here at the moment and set to get worse later so think inside is the best place to be. Hope you all have a good day.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Managed to get out for a little walk this morning, first for long time as still not feeling great. This has been one of my worst colds ever. DH isn’t better either. It is so windy here today and started to rain now too.
    DS3 is home at moment and brought a mountain of washing with him. His gf is arriving tomorrow for couple of days and then they are going to her parents before they go to work in Austria for 6mths. Hope it all works out.

Wishing everyone lots of luck x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • indie
    Options
    Hope you both feel better soon sheils,we have sunshine here at the moment,but it's been raining all night. Good luck to your DS3 and his GF in Austria.Never been there but heard it's a beautiful country to visit.
    I am off to the garage today, have a slow puncture in my back tyre so will get it changed later.
    Hope you all have a lucky day
  • leanfun30
    edited 9 December 2019 at 10:48AM
    Options
    Morning. We had a busy weekend. It was lovely to see DD2 Friday night. She drove home after lunch on Saturday. It took four hours driving up on But only just over two going back. Fortunately I had all the presents organised for her to take home as we will see them after Christmas this year.
    Gs came with DD1 for lunch Saturday and he stayed the night. He had the worst nights sleep since he was a toddler here. That and two visits to the park for him to be the only one there kicking a ball at goal and I feel worn out. When we came back from park yesterday DH could not get the oven to work at all. Might need a new one.

Sheils sounds as though the bug you picked up has been bad. A friend up north had a chest infection that went in a long time. Do hope you feel better soon. Good luck to your DS and GF. We have been to Austria many times but have to say only in the summer. Don’t think I could take the snow. It’s a beautiful country. We have stayed in Salzburg but otherwise in country places. We always found the people very friendly. Do wish them luck in their venture.

Indie hope you get your car sorted. Agree with you about work. Hope you have a relaxing week

April we know someone who did a similar course and it was very hard work and sadly she too did not go on to work in that field. Hope you do find a way to use your studies.

Well still lots if advents. Let’s hope we have some luck.
    Take care everyone.
  • Alien380s
    Options
    Hey, quick question.

Do you Compers ever tick the "Don't contact me box" after you tick the mandatory "Comp T&Cs" box? I feel like if I don't tick both then they might check to see if I'm subscribed to their newsletter (or whatever it may be) and redraw the winner if I ever do win (lol)

Luckily I have made a comping email address so it's no big difference to me, but I would still like to manage the amount of spam I get to this account when sifting through 'have you won?' etc emails..

Thanks!
    Competition Wins (First started 6/10/19):
    1 Book
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills