Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    The Calander is scheduled. The Black dog acknowledged and told he’s not allowed in today!
    I have a business to focus on, and a plan to start turning things around. I know that it won’t be easy, but I also know that you lot will be lurking in the background to tell me to get on and succeed.
    Bf questions can stay in the background for now, we have a holiday together at half term, and while there I do intend to talk to him about my Dreams etc. I haven’t really shared them with him for many years. Last time he discussed (if you can call it that), he said he would back off as he was holding me back. I didn’t want that, I don’t want it now. But I have to be honest with him that I am still chasing that dream. Although the dream has changed from living out there permanently to having a business idea of running sewing retreats out there in the spring and fall. Not the summer, yet anyway. But before that can happen I have to get the business model here in the UK right.
    I have to work on my profitability and my income for the next few years.
    I will still look at places in the sun, and I intend to carry on doing down the debts I have from my family and still saying No.

The first hurdle today is that Dgd is still complaining about being unwell, and the school battle is about to commence.
    Feeling sick is not being sick. Constipation is a problem I cannot tackle if she is continuously raiding the fridge, cupboard and anything else that she thinks she wants to eat! I have told her she is going to not get better if she keeps raiding the food. That over eating is what is causing the constipation and she has to take the lactulose the Doctors gave her and only eat her meals.
    Here goes that’s the alarm

I urge you to look very carefully at your thought of sewing holidays in the sun!

You really need to test the theory that this is something that people will choose to come away on holiday and do.

Personally I can understand sitting under an olive tree painting the mountains or the ocean or cooking a fab meals with local ingredients in a cookery school, these are things you can do with a partner as well.

Maybe I am not thinking out of the box but if I am sewing I would rather be in an air conditioned room so that could be anywhere why would I pay to do it. It is also fairly solitary so would my partner be in the slightest bit interested?

Maybe if you went to a lace making place and taught short boughts (an hour or two) but I don’t see this as viable and I would hate you to set yourself up to fail so think carefully.

As for your GDs eating, if you don’t have the stuff in the house she can’t eat it. It you need buiscuits and sweets in the house actually lock them away. I know she is old enough to go to the shop but everything helps.

I have two sets of friend with adopted children who were severely malnourished before adoption. Both sets of children find it hard to judge there eating boundaries and both families have had to institute careful routines with meals planned and on time and a regimented limit to snacking because their children cannot judge their own limits.

Just my thoughts, never sure if they are helpful but hope they make some sense.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Sewing Holidays are quite popular, there are plenty in France and Italy so I don’t think Portugal doesn’t have to be in the equation. As said it would be spring and fall, not the height of summer. Portugal is good for Golf, walking, and cycling, so it could be possible for partners to do something else. It is possible to arrange outings etc
    I do know that a lot of women also will holiday with a friend, and that single people often go on educational holidays where they meet like minded people.
    I am working on learning other ways to earn an income from tutoring via video, pdf files, books and online sales of sewing related things. This is where I would expect my next steps to go.
    Eventually I am hoping to be able to earn through blogs and magazines articles. I am learning how to work with all these areas at the moment.

On the family front, we are on “here we go again “, twin2 has called me to tell me that she is pregnant. Scared moments. Obviously we are 8 years down the line. She has been with her partner for two years, and it is a different Social Service- so I hope that they are given a chance and the help they may need.
    I don’t think I could bare it if they take this one away from her especially as her sister got a second chance.
    I see this year is going to throw me a few curve balls still then!
    My heart goes out to her, that she is worried about the Social taking her child again.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sewing Holidays are quite popular, there are plenty in France and Italy so I don’t think Portugal doesn’t have to be in the equation. As said it would be spring and fall, not the height of summer. Portugal is good for Golf, walking, and cycling, so it could be possible for partners to do something else. It is possible to arrange outings etc
    I do know that a lot of women also will holiday with a friend, and that single people often go on educational holidays where they meet like minded people.
    I am working on learning other ways to earn an income from tutoring via video, pdf files, books and online sales of sewing related things. This is where I would expect my next steps to go.
    Eventually I am hoping to be able to earn through blogs and magazines articles. I am learning how to work with all these areas at the moment.

On the family front, we are on “here we go again “, twin2 has called me to tell me that she is pregnant. Scared moments. Obviously we are 8 years down the line. She has been with her partner for two years, and it is a different Social Service- so I hope that they are given a chance and the help they may need.
    I don’t think I could bare it if they take this one away from her especially as her sister got a second chance.
    I see this year is going to throw me a few curve balls still then!
    My heart goes out to her, that she is worried about the Social taking her child again.

Mooloo, she is now 8 years older, and may have matured a little and, with the help of a steady partner and better support from a different Social Services team, things could be different. If she is worried now, and realises where she went wrong before, then there is hope for her little family. Let us hope so!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I am praying!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Spoke to ex husband, twins father tonight and he said she had called him and that “he called her stupid “.
    Not impressed and I told him that I will support her in anyway I can and that I cannot stand by and see her loose this one. I also told him a few Home truths about my financial situation and how two of his children have cost me £13,000 this year.
    So I am strapped for cash. I also told him that I am going to sell the shop if I am not earning more than £150 a week in 6 months time!
    So I suppose I have made a decision.
    Bf just said not to think the worst or it would drive me mad.
    I think that he was right there.
    I also funnily enough spoke to my other ex husband today, by fluke, funnily enough he was very easy to talk to about all sorts of things. Somewhere in the conversation I said that it was over 13 years ago that we split up and he said he was surprised as if he had been asked he would have said six or seven!! Shows you how time flies!!
    One thing I noted was that he was the easiest person to talk to!!!
    Oh well
    I am going to bed. Tomorrow I need to bring the positive energy so I will need my beauty sleep xx
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Ended up on FaceTime with twin2 and her BF until gone 11 o’clock. Two very scared people. It turns out that Changes to his benefit has lost him his eligibility for certain benefits and that his money has been cut. He is basically not very happy with the situation and is “not ready “ to be a Dad. I told him no man ever is with the first one, but by the time it arrives they usually adapt. The fact that they are about to be made homeless has not helped. I tried to be practical and positive but I am neither really.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Understandably I didn’t have much focus on work so I did the small mending jobs and hems etc. But I came home on closing time, I just wasn’t in the zone.
    Because I was up so late, I feel quite tired now.
    Hoping that I can get away with a snack on toast tonight.
    I am calm and not in panic mode, but I am concerned how the year is going to unfold with this new scenario for twin2.
    Time will tell I suppose.
    Biggest and I chatted a little about it at work, and I have said that I will have to consider her coming home to me if that’s the only way to get her the help needed to keep the baby.
    So I think I am looking at worst case scenario at the moment.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Understandably I didn’t have much focus on work so I did the small mending jobs and hems etc. But I came home on closing time, I just wasn’t in the zone.
    Because I was up so late, I feel quite tired now.
    Hoping that I can get away with a snack on toast tonight.
    I am calm and not in panic mode, but I am concerned how the year is going to unfold with this new scenario for twin2.
    Time will tell I suppose.
    Biggest and I chatted a little about it at work, and I have said that I will have to consider her coming home to me if that’s the only way to get her the help needed to keep the baby.
    So I think I am looking at worst case scenario at the moment.

NO NO NO NO Definitely do NOT suggest this, Mooloo - it will not be in her best interests - and certainly not in your best interests. If she comes "home" to you, there is no way that she will be offered any accommodation as she will be considered by the council to be adequately housed. And she will be coming back to an area where she will have a "reputation" within the Social Services dept which may adversely affect the way that she is treated.

Added to that, the brutal truth is that you found it hard enough eight+ years ago, when you had the girls plus babies in your house -you are now eight years older, you have DGD who must be your primary responsibility.

You have to recognise that your daughter is an adult - albeit a fragile one, who makes questionable decisions about her life. But it is HER responsbility, not yours.

Your responsibility is to keep yourself healthy, to support her as an adult daughter, to help her make mature decisions about her life.

I am sorry to sound so brutal, Mooloo - but it has to be said. Believe me, I do not say it critically, I would find making such decisions as hard as you do.
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Difficult choices Mooloo, try to find space to think them through.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I am hoping that where she is will support her, but I do have to look at the worst case scenario too.
    Yes I am 8 years older, but I am also a lot fitter. I do realise that it would not be easy for any of us to adjust to being under one roof. I hope that doesn’t have to happen. But I am not going to be able to let another child go out of the family. My heart will not take it.
    She may be nearly 30 but she is still very child like in her outlook and actions. She definitely will need support and I cannot give it to her from half way across the country.

Let’s hope that Cornwall give them the chance like Kent did for her sister.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure