Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,591 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Ferral Moon.
    I have no idea.Sorry.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I kept my dog, and my car. You may find it difficult to find a private rental that allows dogs, but if you are able to be housed by local authorities or housing associations you can have pets. You just have to tell them.

I was bankrupt 10 years ago. There is life afterwards, and plenty of help. It’s difficult but it’s not impossible.

Learning to live with in your income is a challenge but your in the right place to get all the help and advise here on MSE.
    If I can help I will, and you can always pm me.
    EE is brilliant with knowing your rights as are several regulars who follow me.
    The main thing is that at the end of the road you are free of the burden of debt collectors, and you can breathe again.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Feral Moon - I assume a post has either been changed or deleted so I am not sure what it said but I am always happy to help with advice if I can.
    I am a Debt and Benefit Adviser in real life which includes Housing Advice.

Happy for you to PM if you would rather not post publically.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    12 hours and I have nothing to show for my waking hours.
    Dgd is playing Minecraft and I have spent an hour flicking through Facebook, Pinterest and my emails.
    I have allowed other people’s agendas to get in my way again.we don’t have plans for today. But Dgd asked to go to MK. So perhaps I will take her. Although I am not a fan of taking children shopping because of the I want syndromes!
    Also because I know her Christmas money won’t buy the things she wants.
    Last night she was on about a drum kit, but she wanted the shed music room in the garden too!
    Currently I am not able to oblige. Biggest had a drum kit, and many other musical instruments at her house so Dgd thinks we should have them too!
    To be fair she has wanted drums since she was very small, and I didn’t Perdue it because I would not manage the noise. (Been there with DS and the twins BFs when we all lived in the big house!)
    I have asked the School if there are any lessons etc but nothing has come of it.
    When I get back on terrafirma with the finances I will look into it again.
    Dgd is right, she would need to be in a studio in the garden!!!

Time to decide what to do today.
    I don’t think staying how curled up with my books will cut the mustard with her.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Snow stopped the idea of MK.
    I have walked to the corner shop and bought milk, and a few other things to keep us going for a few days. Dgd cooked me fried eggs on toast, and then made pancakes.
    She’s back on her gadgets at the moment. So I am going to get to curl up with my books etc afterall.
    Grey days, doubts and lack of enthusiasm currently causing me to doubt everything about life. It’s a day where I feel torn between hiding under the bedsheets or running away off into the unknown and changing life’s directions on a sixpence.
    I hate it when I feel this way.
    Trapped within my own mind of swirling doubts, fears and anxiety.
    The positive aspects drowned out by the negative ones.

I feel like dropping everything and getting as far away from everything and everyone and cutting my self a different path altogether.
    Of course I cannot do that, hence the feeling of being trapped in my life.
    My dreams seem to have been scrambled and scattered to the winds and I feel completely lost, and exhausted with juggling work and family and finances etc
    Black Dogs back then!
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mooloo, I will start by saying I know this is not easy and I am in no way demeaning your feelings and your ‘black dog’

I have found in the past that a way to feel a little more positive is to focus on the bigger picture rather than the minutiae.

You have a home that is warm and will not be taken away from you (may not be fantastic but you do have it)
    You have the ability to buy food ( may not be as lavish as you may like)
    You have employment and it is your choice to be self employed.
    You have your health ( some aches and pains but generally healthy)
    You have people who love you.
    You have people you can love.

The negatives you could do something about
    Your relationship with you BF

Is it the issue with BF that has really bought on the negative feelings?

Would life be better in the day dream of the sun?
    Yes the sun would shine but
    Would your home be secure
    Could you afford basic needs
    Would you have your family nearby for love and support
    How would you fund your lifestyle.

Having lived in the sun I can tell you that often it is not what it is cracked up to be!

Sorry if this isn’t helpful, just my perspective.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I have been backwards and forwards over the last few months over the viability of working for myself etc. The negative energy is based on going round in circles and getting poorer by the minute. I need focus because I when I look at the bigger picture I know where I am, and I know that it is not going to be an overnight turn around. I just don’t know if I have the energy to do everything myself anymore.
    I know that I am not as productive as I was, and I am not feeling the joy when I walk in to work anymore.
    I am struggling to stay on task.

The dream for life in the sun is stemming from growing up in the sun.
    My family are all scattered around the world. My children are scattered around the country and move at will.
    I have never been in one place so long in my life and I have itchy feet to move. Unfortunately I am not financially able to do anything about it.
    I don’t want to fail.
    Bf is not my problem. I am so used to the ups and downs of our lives. They frustrate me at times, but it is my energy levels, and my inability to focus when I am in the dark, and this time of year is my worst.
    I will get through it, and every day I give thanks for my home, the food, the clothes even the challenges.
    I give thanks for my health and I acknowledge how far I have come since I moved into this house 8 years ago.
    I am very mindful of the good things. I just don’t always feel good about them.
    I try.
    I have been studying and trying self help all day. The books, video lessons, my journal and the business planner are all out today.
    I know very well that if I go abroad life is going to be simple and difficult in its own way, if I ever get there. My brother and sister have been abroad for many years.
    I am usually adaptable but lately I don’t have the energy.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Spent hours on self improvement videos, books, journaling etc. I hope that I have found a little positivity and a game plan for this week anyway.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,591 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you have a good week.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    The Calander is scheduled. The Black dog acknowledged and told he’s not allowed in today!
    I have a business to focus on, and a plan to start turning things around. I know that it won’t be easy, but I also know that you lot will be lurking in the background to tell me to get on and succeed.
    Bf questions can stay in the background for now, we have a holiday together at half term, and while there I do intend to talk to him about my Dreams etc. I haven’t really shared them with him for many years. Last time he discussed (if you can call it that), he said he would back off as he was holding me back. I didn’t want that, I don’t want it now. But I have to be honest with him that I am still chasing that dream. Although the dream has changed from living out there permanently to having a business idea of running sewing retreats out there in the spring and fall. Not the summer, yet anyway. But before that can happen I have to get the business model here in the UK right.
    I have to work on my profitability and my income for the next few years.
    I will still look at places in the sun, and I intend to carry on doing down the debts I have from my family and still saying No.

The first hurdle today is that Dgd is still complaining about being unwell, and the school battle is about to commence.
    Feeling sick is not being sick. Constipation is a problem I cannot tackle if she is continuously raiding the fridge, cupboard and anything else that she thinks she wants to eat! I have told her she is going to not get better if she keeps raiding the food. That over eating is what is causing the constipation and she has to take the lactulose the Doctors gave her and only eat her meals.
    Here goes that’s the alarm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure