Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I got lazy. Yes I did the kitchen, yes I cleaned the bathroom, yes I did a good Shop. But then I studied in stead. Then I just indulged in a film on Netflix! Dgd is feeling better but her tummy is not exactly right yet. I will send her to school tomorrow though as she is not ill ill.
    It’s time for BF to come over so I doubt that I will actually get myself motivated to move anymore today.
    Tomorrow is another day.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Changing habits, stopping reacting to other people’s agendas and prioritising my day are the things that I am working on.
    The changing habits will be the most difficult thing to do.
    Having that one planning tool at the top of my day is going to be the new habit.
    Responding to my social media and emails etc will now take place after I have worked on my plans for the day.
    I am always reacting to other people’s agendas. Firefighting.
    So that’s what I have to change.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Imagnu_2
    Imagnu_2 Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    I have been contacted about making a memory quilt out of children’s clothes. I have done cushions but never quilts so I have no idea how to price one, so I googled it. Came up with a company that do then at £545-£650!! The thought of it scares me! Not the actual making but the cost of it. Would my work actually be worth that kind of money?
    Perhaps I should see about making one from our stash of clothes etc and see how long it takes me (in my own time obviously)
    I am going to do a little more research before I reply.

Lots of people on the Facebook sewing pages make memory quilts, might be worth asking on there? :)
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    happy new diary xx
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    I have just been reading about the quilt making response from dreaming. Now, im not a sewer in any shape or form. I can barely re-sew a button back on so - so please excuse my complete ignorance.

But, is there any reason why a new white duvet cannot be bought and then the clothing sewn on in squares? Surely it would cut down the time by half and saves all the stuffing etc..

Maybe a stupid suggestion - but as I say, I am not a sewer and know naff all about sewing. But it does seem like theres a hell of a lot of work involved in making one from scratch.

Then again .... I have always been one for cutting corners:rotfl::rotfl: (excuse the pun)
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I have just been reading about the quilt making response from dreaming. Now, im not a sewer in any shape or form. I can barely re-sew a button back on so - so please excuse my complete ignorance.

But, is there any reason why a new white duvet cannot be bought and then the clothing sewn on in squares? Surely it would cut down the time by half and saves all the stuffing etc..

Maybe a stupid suggestion - but as I say, I am not a sewer and know naff all about sewing. But it does seem like theres a hell of a lot of work involved in making one from scratch.

Then again .... I have always been one for cutting corners:rotfl::rotfl: (excuse the pun)

I think using plain covers can be a great idea for some, but I think it is the stitching a pattern through all layers that make it a quilt rather then a cover.
    It is not necessarily easy to sew onto a duvet unless you are Sewing through both layers, you would need to unpick the sides to access it and then restitch.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    The day got the better of me once more.
    I had several fittings unplanned, and didn’t start sewing until 10.30
    I had two very large curtains to line for a customer, and had to take the old ones apart and remade them.
    It took me until 1.45pm so I didn’t get a lot of other jobs done, I had lunch and then made two curtain tiebacks to make. When Biggest left at 2.45 I sorted out the next lot of jobs, did a couple of small repairs and at 4.30 till 5.15 started cutting out the clothes for patchwork.
    Tonight I am going to make a curry, and follow a supercook recipe I have had lingering in the cupboard for a while. BF is here so we will probably share a bottle of wine and watch rubbish on tv.
    Dgd is attached to her gadgets the minute she comes through the door.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I don’t think I will ever truly understand my relationship with BF, because I don’t understand men. We went to bed on a disagreement last night. Not an argument as such, but two different opinions. Since his daughter moved back home my Dgd is displaced. She no longer has a bedroom. When we were talking about the plans for the weekend he basically blamed Dgd for us not being able to go there, and said that his daughter would be there tonight, however when she is working she will stay over at the pub.
    I said that he cannot blame a 10 year old for the situation, that he should have thought about it before he agreed to let her move back in. Although I did say of course I would have probably done the same. I did say that his daughter probably stays with her BF occasionally and mentioned his name, silence! I forgot he doesn’t know her BF, or his name! My bad!
    Anyway I got the silent treatment as soon as I said that he cannot blame Dgd.
    He was up at 7am and gone, as he has the builders coming at 8am
    I had two words. Cheerio, and when I asked if he was going to be a builders labourer, No. and then he was gone.
    Looks like we have a weekend to ourselves then.
    I actually feel quite happy that I don’t have to pack a suitcase for two nights, I won’t have to put petrol in the car until next week, I can vegetate or I can read, study or do the accounts at my leisure.
    I can get the washing done, and I can get the housework done.
    Sounds like a good weekend for me.
    Every cloud has a silver lining!
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,843 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    I don’t think I will ever truly understand my relationship with BF, because I don’t understand men. We went to bed on a disagreement last night. Not an argument as such, but two different opinions. Since his daughter moved back home my Dgd is displaced. She no longer has a bedroom. When we were talking about the plans for the weekend he basically blamed Dgd for us not being able to go there, and said that his daughter would be there tonight, however when she is working she will stay over at the pub.
    I said that he cannot blame a 10 year old for the situation, that he should have thought about it before he agreed to let her move back in. Although I did say of course I would have probably done the same. I did say that his daughter probably stays with her BF occasionally and mentioned his name, silence! I forgot he doesn’t know her BF, or his name! My bad!
    Anyway I got the silent treatment as soon as I said that he cannot blame Dgd.
    He was up at 7am and gone, as he has the builders coming at 8am
    I had two words. Cheerio, and when I asked if he was going to be a builders labourer, No. and then he was gone.
    Looks like we have a weekend to ourselves then.
    I actually feel quite happy that I don’t have to pack a suitcase for two nights, I won’t have to put petrol in the car until next week, I can vegetate or I can read, study or do the accounts at my leisure.
    I can get the washing done, and I can get the housework done.
    Sounds like a good weekend for me.
    Every cloud has a silver lining!

I guess it is human nature to deflect ‘blame’ away from yourself!

Did you really ‘forget’ that he didn’t know about his daughters boyfriend or was it conciously or subconsciously a retaliation to his blame statement?

Relationships are always complex. You have considered in the past whether this one will work in the long term and have decided to continue with it, yet, I think you are aware it has no long term future. The future is you rub along together because neither of you have a better option so you will stick with it.

Just my thought from reading your thoughts, could be completely wrong. You appear happy not to be going over there so enjoy the weekend.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Yes I am quite happy to stay home.
    Long time now I have known that what we have is all it is ever going to be.
    I don’t see him in the Portugal dream, not because I don’t want him there, just because I know he will never move from his house.
    I can’t imagine myself with anyone else either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure