PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018

Options

Comments

• katto
    katto Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - I’d like to join please - in chaos and would love to get get flying!

:)
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,671 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    New calendars put up
    Garden inspected. Wet. Very wet. And messy.
    Some - but not enough- emails deleted.
    1 report finished and sent off.
    Thought about getting on scales but not brave enough. However am booked in to Zumba tomorrow which is a start, hopefully I won't feel as light-headed as I do today or I will fall over. Is there no limit to the permutations of this cold virus?
    Mr N frantically hunting for the box my fitness tracker came in, he bought it for my present but didn't notice you need a smartphone to run it: I don't have a smartphone.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Narco exactly the same thing happened to a work colleage of mine, she did manage to return it.

Not a restful day really but still enjoyable. DS1 to train station to go and watch the footie, home to pick DH, DS1 and GF up and go to visit my parents for lunch. When I decided that DS was safe to drive again I made a 15 mile round trip to take him and GF to retrieve his car which we left in the pub car park last night. Back to my parents then more food (!) before we collected DS1 and friend from train station and home.

Just sorting out my gym stuff and work clothes for tomorrow, lunch to pack then I may just sneak off to bed. I dont think I got much more than 4 hours sleep last night and I am shattered!

Oh and I took some chicken out of the freezer last night and covered it over to defrost and forgot about it. No heating has been on today and the kitchen is cold so I am hoping its OK. Dont really want to bin it!
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Put up the new calendars and just put school term dates onto computer so I have a bit more of a clue! Got a load of washing ready for first thing in the morning and am going to do a shopping list as need to go to L*dl. Poor S feeling worried about school - in final year in Primary and they've told him the work is going to get much harder - so wish they hadn't as he already finds it all struggle due to dyslexia and dyscalculia so really not done him a favour at all.

Deleted some emails from here but more to do. For now going to sit down and watch Vikings - already in PJs (is that an awful thing to admit as have been since 6!) and just chill.

Katto and Princess Money Penny welcome to you!

Lil_me OH's great uncle sounds a character!

Fayolle hope you managed to get dinner defrosted OK!

LameWolf hi to you! Not sure if we've spoken since but we lost Pip our little JRT back in July so back to 1 dog again. Whiz Whippet is doing well - I think as he saw Pip when J brought her back from the vets he understood better and he was watching when we buried her in the garden under the rose bush. No more pain for the little lady now.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 January 2018 at 9:52PM
    Options
    Happy New Year, everyone, and thank you to Natty for starting this week's thread.

Hope it's ok if I join in again. As someone else has already said, it's lovely to see so many familiar names. Needless to say, I still suffer from CHAOS.

Today I had a late-ish start, followed by a bath and a trip out with OH and DS2, who I treated to sushi in Meadowhell. He loved the experience, but was less keen on a squid dish he really wanted to try. Everything else was very much enjoyed and I now know that he likes miso soup and green tea. :)

Came home, got DS1 sorted for work and organised food for 3 furries and 3 humans. Now I'm getting on with some planning for the new year. OH is back at work tomorrow, but I have 3 days left to get a few things done and catch up with some people.

Monday - New Year's Day

Hoover out smoke alarms and test - needs to go on the toots list, because I know they're not working at the moment
    My diary runs from September to August and I don't use any other calendars, but DS2 was given one by his GF and I'm going to encourage him to use it.
    Delete some emails/favourites - done
    Backing up anything electronic also has to go on the big list
    No glasses used last night, as we were out
    Hoover any areas in dire need - will wait another day
    S&S toilets and sinks if required - ditto
    Sort out that drawer/cupboard/shelf which has been on your list forever. - did some sorting last night, so I'll count that

No Laundry – I'd forgotten to wash DS1's work clothes, so had to chance it.

Night all. I'll be back in the morning.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I’m in thank you for the lists x

Sorry about your bump Mumto5. Hope you are feeling better soon. X

Mumof2 Sorry about Pip, lovely to see you posting x

Welcome new people x

Happy New Year everyone.

Didn’t see the no washing line so my luck is down the plug hole.
    Boys’ room dusted and under bed cleared and dysoned.
    All Lego in house dusted. Including 3shelves and 2 glass cabinets. It took hours.
    Ground floor dysoned
    Card received ticked off my list so I can make one for 2018.
    Cards recycled
    TV stand dusted
    Million of meals made

DS2 has just announced he wants to look for more Lego in the shop.

We had lots of trouble regarding shoes today so I’m negotiating a shoe/Lego grade off.

Diary and calendar already done.

Sad news today. My uncle passed away last night :(
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Katto and Princess Money Penny welcome to the thread.
    Mumof2, MrsChaos and lil_me welcome back to the fold :D

Have decluttered a fair amount of sleep today as I keep waking up at ungodly hours in the morning and unable to go back to sleep.

I was thinking about New Year's resolutions and I wasn't sure what to make this year, as normally I fall by the wayside with them after a couple of months. But I think this year I will make the effort, so I would like to make the following:

To lose some weight, slowly and not too fast.
    To go to the gym/spa after my weekly therapy group, if only for 10 minutes.
    To clear mount ironmore and keep it under control.
    To get the house into some sort of resemblance so that we can look at decorating it throughout before putting it on the market (won't be a while yet!)

And the main one that I really would like is not a resolution but more of a hope, and that is that Dave goes into remission and we can finally get our lives back to normal again. And he doesn't have to have this horrible chemo anymore.

Off to update my bullet journal while watching Mrs Browns Boys :D See you all tomorrow :D
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Over the last few days whilst I have been off I have been looking around the house finding dirt, cobwebs and unneeded paperwork, therefore I thought I would find my way back here and get my life sorted out.

Happy new year to everyone, Hope everyone has had a good start to the year and all the best for 2018.

Monday - New Year's Day
    Put up those calenders for the new year
    Update calendar/diary with all those important dates
    Delete some emails/favourites
    Put away any glasses used last night

Tuesday ~ Kitchen and Living Room
    S&S Kitchen
    Empty out bins
    Wipe/scrub sink
    Straighten up cushions/covers/displaced toys etc..
    Move clutter so you can vacuum under it
    Vacuum and wipe (if needed) sofas
    Dust any areas below eye level
    Dust anything above eye level (if safe to do so)
    Check the useby dates on stuff in fridge, double check your fruit bowl – do you need to get rid of anything furry or a funny colour?
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 January 2018 at 12:21PM
    Options
    Sorry you had such sad news, dancemum. It's not easy at any time of year.

Your aims sound good, Natty. I'll keep you and Dave in my thoughts.

Monday - New Year's Day

[STRIKE]Hoover out smoke alarms and test - add to toots list[/STRIKE]
    Schedule time with DS2 and his calendar
    [STRIKE]Backing up anything electronic - add to toots list[/STRIKE]
    Hoover any areas in dire need
    S&S toilets and sinks if required

Tuesday ~ Kitchen and Living Room

[STRIKE]DW[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]WM [STRIKE]x2[/STRIKE] x1[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]hand wash pots as necessary[/STRIKE]
    Wipe/scrub sink
    [STRIKE]DS1 work meals[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Find homes for new books and chocolates[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clear anything that shouldn't be where it is[/STRIKE] in the LR, anyway
    [STRIKE]Continue the big grocery shuffle[/STRIKE]
    Check stuff in fridge, double check your fruit bowl
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 2 January 2018 at 12:48AM
    Options
    Evening all and a warm welcome to Princess Money Penny and Katto :hello:

Great to 'see' you back with us MrsChaos, lil_me and MMM :D

Soo sorry to read your news dancemum. Sending hugs and condolences for you and your family.

I have finished the yearly accounts for 2017 and just a few tweaks to do to the 2018 budget.

I need to do a stock check and start a Mr T delivery order for maybe later next week, so I'll make a start on that tomorrow as well

Hugs, sticks and spoons to all needing some
    Hope you all have a super Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories