PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018

Options

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    WM x 2 on
    Rubbish out
    Bins cleaned
    Bird feeders topped up
    Car tyres checked
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Morning all

Happy New Year flylady friends.

Struggling to feel positive about the coming year but who knows. The one thing that I do know is that I cant make any life changes at the moment so its going to be all about gritting my teeth and getting on with it.

Strange night out. For the past few years we have gone to a party night in a local pub and every year it's the same food, the same people and the same music. I think we all agreed its time to think of something different next year. I was the one designated driver for the 6 people staying in my house so that meant two trips. I was also a bit worried about the teens drinking too much but they did behave themselves thankfully!

Didnt get to bed until 2.30am and my boys and GFs were cooking pizza and chatting until at least half three. I found out that DS1 and his GF had been to the house where DS2 and GF were to check on them at 11pm which was really sweet because it was a long walk.

At my parents today so no cooking!
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    So far:

House de-Christmassed
    Hoovered through
    Rubbish out - being collected tomorrow hurrah!
    DH cooking breakfast

We will all then take the dog for a walk - rain is forecast for later and we need to blow some cobwebs off xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good morning Fly Ladies :hello: and welcome to 2018.

All I've done so far is put the DW on and had breakfast. I think I'll have another cup of tea and then a nice, long soak in the tub.

I might take the Christmas decorations down or I might just leave that until 5th January. Tomorrow is also a bank holiday in Scotland so I think I'll dust off my MTB and go for a spin.
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How did you know I have 59268 emails in my personal inboxes unread ?

Happy new year ladies xx

I got up, dressed, done washing machine (sorry needs must, dog vomited on my floordrobe) , drier and dishwasher, got one shelf to do in the fridge then that’s finished

I want to do a list of some main pieces from the freezer more so because someone left one open so it has frosted up
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2018 at 11:44AM
    Options
    (((Hugs))) FBO.

Welcome back Mumof2 and Mumto5, and welcome everyone who's joining.

Happy New Year to all my Flylady Friends. You mean a lot to me.

The only new year resolution I have is that I am going to finish degibbling the house. It's been four years of dealing with both my parents' lifetime collection of stuff that was passed on to me with the kindest and best of intentions, and my own habit of not wanting to part with stuff 'just in case.' By this time in 2019 I want each room to be a pleasure in which to spend time rather than a constant reminder of what needs tackling and things I haven't done.

And if I can get the new business idea off the ground, that would be great, too.

All of the rest of the washing mountain was done yesterday and is finishing being aired in my office with the window wide open. I've got a lot of folding and putting away to do today.
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,050 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2018 at 12:01PM
    Options
    Much love to the 2 mums... lovely to see you both.. xxx

I now have a very angry hip, laryngitis, headache (from lack of sleep) I am hungry and tired and wheezy and OH is at work in an hour.. I have asked him to shower Squeak before he goes and he is making zero progress towards accomplishing this!

I need to pack food, Squeaks undies and tomorrow OH's bag and the girls bedding.. it's only 2 nights so that is bearable.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,050 Forumite
    Options
    2 running challenges then? .. the fly-marketeers and the Slinkies??

by this time next year everyone shall by rich and skinny!!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    By this time in 2019 I want each room to be a pleasure in which to spend time rather than a constant reminder of what needs tackling and things I haven't done.

I'm with you on this HB

To us and to success :beer:

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all and Happy New Year. Welcome newbies and returners.

Hugs FBO.

Yesterday was a great day at the beach. Poppet, who normally wants to be pushed around the village, walked 6 miles. Our evening was spent with DD and her fiance and was quiet except for the dratted fireworks. Both dogs ended up sleeping in our room.

I have done some tidying this morning, sorting out the snack cupboard (still a double cupboard full of Xmas goodies, unfortunately), WUDUPA, bleached kitchen sink, put recycling out and made a cooked breakfast for those who wanted it. Oh and done a freezer inventory. And taken washing off airer and put it away.

I will join the Slinkies - I want to lose 2 stone before the wedding in the summer. I'll be brave and put updates in my signature.

Mondayday - New Year's Day
    Just some bits and pieces for those in the mood, if not have the day off ready to start tomorrow. Remember to spend sometime with family/friends if you like that sort of thing.

Hoover out smoke alarms and test
    Put up those calenders for the new year :D DONE
    Update calendar/diary with all those important dates DONE
    Delete some emails/favourites DONE
    Back up photos from phone/laptop etc, enjoy looking over some DONE
    Put away any glasses used last night DONE
    Hoover any areas in dire need
    S&S toilets and sinks if required
    Sort out that drawer/cupboard/shelf which has been on your list forever.DONE

No Laundry – you don’t want to wash away any good luck.

Write a list of 5 things you do that make you happy and 5 that make you sad. Ponder on how to do more of the first list and less of the latter.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family