PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've done naff all today. I had my bath but I'm still not dressed yet. :o
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm also with you both - I intend to have a nice new bathroom (and possibly kitchen) this year and to get rid of / sort out stuff that is in piles in almost every other room :o

Welcome aboard froddington:beer:

I need to lose 2+2+2 :o - so I'd like to join the slinkies too please. I'll get weighed in the morning and start then - not too many Christmas goodies left to devour here: think I can get rid of them before bedtime ;)*

I'll be cheering on the fly-marketeers from the sidelines but I'll continue to take my decent stuff to the CS.

I've washed two goldfish - type bowls that DS uses for mixing drinks at parties and put them in the drinks cupboard. (That's a little more clear space on the kitchen worktop :D) I've also thrown out a bottle of out-of-date Ba!leys, washed and recycled the bottle;

And I've emptied another bag: 3 plastic jugs kept (again DS uses them for mixing drinks- so now they are washed they can go in to the drinks cupboard too); paper recycled; shampoo and body wash of ancient vintage binned. I can now open the door to the cupboard under the stairs without moving anything first. Not that I intend to just yet :eek: Let's get the rooms we can see sorted first - that particular ROD will be the last to be sorted! It's stacked front to back, floor to ceiling with boxes of stuff :eek: But it is on the to-do list :o

*I've eaten them whilst composing this post. Feel a bit sick now - but they're gone :D

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The first box of decorations has been cleared, and the cards are down. There has been mutterings in the ranks, but I am ignoring them. Christmas gift tags for next year have been made and actually packed with the Christmas wrapping stuff rather than cluttering up the spare rooms in small piles for a year.

Just realised that I forgot to get tonight's dinner out of the freezer...:eek:
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Blind is now stuck open.

It's an old design, one of the ones with lots of loops of string going through the slats, so has been discontinued for fear of horrible things happening to children. If it can't be fixed from the position of wobbling on a wonky step, that means buying three new coordinating blinds of a specific, nonstandard size - or risking the prospect of Himself attempting to fit a rail of some kind going round a bay which is slightly overlapped by the side walls, hemmed in by a beam - and buying curtains/nets to fit. When the ceiling is plasterboard and the uPVC window goes all the way up the ceiling.

It would make a perfect windowseat with a curtain going straight across - except for the slight issue that it would reduce the size of the room by 30% and do nothing for privacy. And ceiling to floor length curtains are heavy and expensive.

Any useful suggestions on how to deal with this?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Looks like I started something when I mentioned needing to shed 2 stone. :D

Cards and decs are down; decs back in the loft, cards into my box to see what can be recycled as parts of HM greetings cards before the bits I can't make use of go for recycling.

Mr LW wanted me to do some washing today but I'm leaving it til tomorrow - it's only my stuff, in any case. Superstitious? Moi? :D

Ronnie has decluttered a small plate of food :T He has issues eating when he's away from his own humans, so this is a victory.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2018 at 7:18PM
    Options
    Yes please, I will join the Slinkies!

Current weight is 12 stone 12 pounds, would LOVE to be 2 stone lighter (which was, coincidentally, exactly what I weighed when we got married).

In PJs and had a bath. Will eat tea shortly (salmon and veg) then an early night. See you all tomorrow xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Princess_Money_Penny
    Options
    Can I join? I'm slowly drowning in clutter and housework and something has to change! Also need to loose weight after two kiddies have taken their toll :(

Today I've put washing on (oops), cleaned upstairs bathroom and put away the clothing mountain (one of my most hated jobs).
    Sealed pot challenge 2019 = #82
    Jan 2019 Grocery Challenge = £0/£260
    Declutter 2019 items in 2019! = 0/2019
    Frugal living challenge 2019 =
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome to new and returning flyladies :wave:

I should like to join the Slinky challenge too, please. I shall be going to SW weigh-in tomorrow and fully expect to have put on half a stone in the past 10 days because my jeans are so uncomfortable - even the stretchy pull-ons :eek: I should really like to lose nearly a stone, but last time I got down to that weight people started asking if I was ill. Yesterday I managed to persuade my children to take home most of the uneaten food, leaving us just cold roasts and veg and some rather nice raspberries and cream which we have demolished this evening. Back on plan tomorrow! Rosie has also eaten up the remainder of her Christmas Day turkey giblets: she will miss her treats.

Today I have
    - decluttered sleep (lots of it)
    - tidied up a few bits and pieces
    - emptied the kitchen compost bin into the big outside bin
    - thanked DH for emptying all the other bins
    - taken Rosie for a walk
    - done a bit of college work
    - hung up the calendar made by DGS3+4
    - got all the info together to update my diary

Jo-jo, why don't you get a curtain company in to give you a no-obligation quote and see what ideas they come up with? You might like to think about having new fabric blinds fitted professionally - there would then be no chance of your OH falling off the stepladder and hurting himself in a way that would prevent him working/playing ;) or causing any damage to the windows/walls/ceiling. Then DIY put up a pair of full-length sheer curtains either side of the bay to soften the corners: these only require a lightweight rod. You could still fit a window seat (preferably with storage beneath) if the budget allows at a later date. If you want cheap curtains, the Swedish shop does some in 300 cm length for only £40/pair, and their 250 cm long nets start at just £5/pair :money:

Must do another hour's reading now...
  • katiecat
    katiecat Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    I would like to thank you all for your support in 2017 and wish each and every one of you a Happy New Year.
    Have put a few Christmas decorations away and cooked tea, now sitting down to read.
    Up early tomorrow as DH and DS2 back at work and I have flying to do
    Hugs katiecat x
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would also like to finish moving in and make each room habitable. I don’t even know where things are still. Boxes of stuff since moving not moved.
    Guess it’s just come down to time.

Today I’ve spent cooking, tending to OHs elderly great uncle which isn’t a chore but his house was not clean so I’ve done that instead spent 2 hours there sorting things for him. Did him a lovely chicken dinner, cheated on the roasties but watching him enjoy it so much, made it worth it. He’s 90 in October and loves his food. Only complaint was too much so he had to leave some main to have his sticky toffee pudding lol. He’s so funny.

Cleaned some of the kitchen sorted some of the cupboards and because I argued with KH went shopping which I should never ever do on an argument. Now the cupboards are more rammed and freezer wedged closed

:( I will never learn
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure