PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    Options
    Happy new year all!

Typing this with kiddies on my lap, both awoken by fireworks ... cross ATB! Watch them on TV people!

See you in the morning xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    FW's are still screaming and bawling in the street outside my house and they are still leting the damn things off.... why are they not banned??
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm in too please!

I also need to lose 2+2 stones, so will be nil by mouth for January.

Just off to bed now...catch up in the morning X
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy new year old friends!

I’m in a bad way after little bump on the motorway on Boxing Day. Car is fine but my neck and shoulder is banjaxed. I’ve struggled through work for the last three days and it’s nearly killed me. I’m going into my quiet week now so will be back on the thread hopefully. Lots of prescription and alcoholic medicine tonight so feeling pretty mellow!
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    (((Hugs))) to FBO and prayers for your cousin, all your family and the recipients of her greatest gift.

Sorry to hear about your accident, Mumto5 - hope you feel better soon x

Yesterday we had a lovely day with all the family, and Rosie coped amazingly well with 12 extra people invading her safe space - having more new toys to play with and 2 walks to play in the woods helped! I was exhausted by the time they all went, but happy too. I was in bed and asleep by 10.30 last night so I didn't hear any fireworks, though I'm sure there would have been some going off around here too. I've been up since 5.30 this morning: my first action of 2018 was to make myself a cuppa, and my second was to book a GP's appointment next week to see what they make of all my aches and pains. About to crack on now with reading for my assignment, due on Friday. DH wanted to take me out for lunch today but I have told him we need to eat up all the leftovers first and I would rather he took me out after I've submitted my work on Friday.

Thank you for ensuring that we ended last year spick and span, Valli, and for starting us off on the right foot this year, Natty. Bearing in mind Natty's warning, I will resist the urge to wash yesterday's tablecloth or sweep the dining room floor until tomorrow... ;)

More tea needed, then I will knuckle down to my books!

To all my Flylady friends, good health and happiness in 2018.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,863 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

No fireworks around here, well not that I heard, I did take my hearing aids out!! :)

Wm is on
    Cat fed
    New calendar and diary out and updated with appointments / birthdays etc
    Shopping list made
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning all,

Big hugs to you Mumto5 xx don't be a stranger, keep us posted as to how you're doing

Lovely to see you Mumof2 xx

Having a cuppa in bed whilst the kiddies watch tv. DH still asleep. I have emptied the DW, put the TD on (washed it yesterday) and fed the dog and cat. Had some fizz last night but not much; it's a JOY to wake up without a hangover. Operation healthy eating commences today.

Once the kiddies have had breakfast we will take the tree down & clean the living room.

Have marvellous days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

I’m in

Thanks Natty
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning and happy new year,

I'd like to join in this year, even if I only complete Level 1 I think it'd make a difference.

Pmo2
    Xx
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

I didn't stay up last night and didn't hear any fireworks - I'm sure there would have been some but they didn't wake me :D. DS didn't go out last night as he was still recovering from his birthday celebrations the night before!!! In fact by 8pm he'd reached the stage where he was wondering if he was actually ill rather than simply hungover, cancelled his plans and went back to bed.

January 1st and on a Monday :) - that works so well in my brain: new year, new month, new week, new day. My perpetual calendar is back at the beginning and last year's calendar is ready for recycling. I've also emptied the bins as a symbolic removal of 2017 from the house.

I'm going to have breakfast, do the dailies, and set up my bullet journal for January. Then we'll see where we're at.

Have a lovely day ladies.

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income