Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I’ve often wondered that Maman as it didn’t make sense to me either.

SSM - what I meant was that the swimming costume I described isn’t really practical for swimming as the skirt bit either clings to your legs or (if sitting in the jacuzzi) everything puffs up lol.

Off to choir tonight so hubby will make a mushroom & ham omelette when I come back - MIL trained him well

The third on the side plus what's in it really doesn't make sense. I can see how people end up disappointed because when the veg is hidden it is easier to over estimate it.
    Personally I go for having as much veg as possible in the food rather than next to it.

I swim and go in a jacuzzi in a skirt costume. Yes the skirt does cling to your legs, but it doesn't bother me in the water, just when you get out in the end. In the Jacuzzi it's just a matter of sitting on it, or putting up with it, and the puffing up is no worse than hubby's swim shorts.
    Zebras rock
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Food today.

Breakfast.

Carrots
    Tomatos

Lunch

Lots and lots of rocket, tomato, cucumber, onions, peppers, with loads of peas and three small pot.

Snack on the way home

Singular Carrot
    Singular tomato

Tea

beef, onion, pepper, broccoli and god knows what other veg with a sprinkle of soya sauce.

Hopefully I will not stuff any more food into my mouth tonight.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Kathryn, I think you have managed to put me off a skirt costume!

and I know I have said this many times, but I like SW's sausage!

GTST - enjoy your omelette (I had initially wrote ... your your husband...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:)

Bubbs your boobs are bigger than a b cup........ they are gorgeous!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done p00sticks:T
    Welcome bacK Mrs R:D
    They are not SSM:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Well done p00sticks:T
    Welcome bacK Mrs R:D
    They are not SSM:o

As one specific Elite would say PROOF
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    I have purchased the costume.... when I went to complete the purchase they put a load of extra charges, import taxes and charges and shipping it was eye watery expensive........ so I got the same one from Amazon for half price!!!!

I cannot believe that I think that the expensive costume is a bargain!
  • Greysanatomyfan
    Options
    Evening all, -3 for me this week, whoop whoop!!!!

Plan for tomorrow is,
    B - overnight oats
    L - omelette with peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes
    D - chicken and something.....need to shop but it might be a stir fry

Well done to all losers, off to read back now x

GAF
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,867 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    The consultant lectured her on cheats and said that although she'd loaded the 'pizza' with vegetables she must have more on the side. We questioned her about what was the difference between having veg in a meal compared with on the side (surely it still counted as part of a third?) and she said on the side was very important, a new SW thing because people were disappointed they weren't getting the losses. I'm really confused about this. I can't see why, for example, layering tomatoes on top of a cottage pie is any different from roasting them separately.

I'm not an 'official' SW member and don't go to groups so I could be completely wrong but I wonder if it's a way of trying to subtly introduce some sort of portion control ? I know SW advocates only eating until you feel satisfied, but it doesn't restrict the quantity of free foods, and potatoes, pasta and rice, although filling, are pretty calorific.

So you could have a cottage pie that is equal parts mince, speed veg (carrots etc) and mashed potato - but you'll eat less of the potato if you only fill 2/3rds of your plate with the cottage pie and have an extra third of speed veg, and the overall calorie content would be lower than if you ate a full plate of the cottage pie.

When starting the plan, I've never expected that I could eat pasta, potatoes and rice all day, plus umpteen muller lights and a couple of kitkats, and provided that I ate an equal quantity of speed I'd lose weight. It ain't going to happen, and that's one reason why I've started double checking what I'm eating by roughly totting up the calories as well.
  • bubbs
    Options
    As one specific Elite would say PROOF

:rotfl::rotfl: i am just buying new luggage, booked to go away June:j:j:j
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Evening all, -3 for me this week, whoop whoop!!!!

Plan for tomorrow is,
    B - overnight oats
    L - omelette with peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes
    D - chicken and something.....need to shop but it might be a stir fry

Well done to all losers, off to read back now x

GAF
    Well done:T:T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure