PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    560 am old pizza stone holder that I've never used recycled.
    561-562 printer cartridges unused to friend.
    563-568 magazines to DH work.
    569-570 old work journals of DH recycled. All online so the last 2 are all he needs.
    571 packaging of a cheese board which I don't use as I can't be bothered to take out of box and been kept in dining room and not the kitchen as box too big for kitchen cupboard. If I don't use it in the next few months the cheese board will be Decluttered. It fits in kitchen cupboard now.
    572 a few remnants of wrapping paper which are too small to keep and been shredded.
    All my shredding eventually gets composted but is used in chicken coop first as bedding.

It's been a fairly productive day.
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    MRS SD - wish I was as 'slowed down' as you!
    tboo - as a matter of interest (ie nosy people want to know!) why didn't you count the shirts?
    villagelife - very productive. Congrats. I shred paper and use it as part of the bedding for the hamster and DD's rabbit.

It's been a reasonably productive day for me too, considering I was out all afternoon and doing admin before and after! It did include clutter disposal, though...

Latest figures are:
    Old Duvet & pillow, SSPCA, 6.5lbs
    3 dead plants, binned, 3lbs
    Large Cardboard box & packing paper, recycled, 1lb

Day's total 10.5lbs
    Running total 36.5lbs
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Just lost my post - 30 minutes of typing - token expired :mad: whatever that means so quick post to see if this will go

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Try again but a shorter version of lost post :mad:

Je suis tres triste - 2 hours in the solicitors & the French homestead is sold :( DSis has an extension to the end of May before she has to vacate the premises :T New owners invited us & EA for champagne & nibbles - spent a couple of very pleasant hours chatting in our pidgin French. Back round to the main house where I cooked chicken & mushroom carbonara with penne pasta. Luckily although my DSis was not looking forward to it she thoroughly enjoyed it :T

Few more items sold today

F474 - F505 Washing machine, fridge freezer, dishwasher, 4 mugs with matching milk jug & sugar bowl, set of espresso coffee cups & saucers, 7 decorative plates, dark wood drop leaf table, 2 handbags, marble topped bathroom dresser & OUR BED (without us in it :D) - ALL SOLD

Tomorrow is the first Saturday since the adverts were put in sm & on internet - so hopefully the sun will shine & the hordes will turn up on a buying frenzy :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: One can dream can’t they :rotfl:

MrsSD
    F505/F20,180 :rotfl:

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • villagelife
    edited 28 April 2018 at 9:02AM
    Options
    573 an old briefcase binned.
    574 more paperwork shredded
    575 plastic folder binned. It is too old and broken to reuse.
    576-579 old travel brochures recycled
    580 pen binned
    581 soap dish which has seen better days thrown away. It was in the kitchen and I have used liquid soap only in the kitchen for years.
    582 a sachet of shampoo used up and thrown away.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Grey, cloudy, miserably cold day here in France :( - obviously put the kibosh on it by mentioning my dream in yesterday’s post :o ) I hope the weather in the U.K. is better :)

No hordes but we have had a few couples in - a British couple who are starting a gite (holiday home), a young French couple who are opening a homeopathic Centre with a pottery business, & two or three French couples/families But :( sadly :( no hordes :(

F506 - F715 Fold up bed, dressing table, 2 drop leaf tables, small table, large mirror, 3 wall pictures, 2 garden statues with one pedestal, garden urn, 18 towels, croquet set, old iron axle, standard lamp & shade, 2 wine jugs, 2 pedestal fans, 3 iron door stop weights, hedge lopper, 2 jugs, 150 items of crockery & glassware + 2 full Sets of cutlery, 6 pans, 3 toys, 4 plush comfy chairs

My DSis really liked the the young French couple so they got an absolute steal of a price on the crockery, glassware, table & anything else they bought. The British couple also bought lots of stuff - 3 carloads of furniture, garden statues, towels, pictures etc - I managed to separate the wife from her husband :rotfl: & took her on a tour persuading her to buy towels etc :rotfl: & DSis + DH took the husband on a tour of the garden & the tool shed :rotfl: They were happy re prices & we were happy creating empty spaces :rotfl:

Apart from the mountain of stuff at €1, ALMOST everything else is price negotiable even though almost everything has been priced to sell (rather than what we think or have been told the item is worth :rotfl:). However the more stuff we can sell, even at silly prices, the better as it means less landfill or not imposing on the family friends re storage.

The new owners, who are definitely more relaxed now that the paperwork has been signed (as are we :rotfl::T) are now buying a few items of small furniture, lamps etc & the EA is also here buying a few items - so I will list these items in my next post :j

See you all later & wishing everyone a Clutter free 2018

MrsSD
    F715/F20,180 :rotfl:

• basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Woo Mrs SD and villagelife - well done! :T

I'm plugging away, but I'm not able to do things in the order I'd prefer because DD's coming back home for a while . She's been quite ill for a few months now and the flat she was in has been sold so she's decided to come home to recuperate. Very MSE! I'm glad to give her the support, but it means getting her room cleared and sorted in about 10 days. (Guess who's room was being used as a dumping ground because she wasn't using it... :o)

I've brought back a couple of car loads of her stuff, and now have to find somewhere to put it! We've got what'd be a closet to Americans, but I always think of it as the Bugs Bunny Cupboard. (Remember those cartoons where some hapless fool opened the door and everything imaginable fell out, included an ocean liner or, sometimes, a train?) I'd hoped to sort that first so her things could go in there, but now I can't. Hopefully, I can sell/donate stuff as I go along.

Anyway, I've cleared a double-doored cupboard with shelves and dug out a load of those vacuum-pack bags. (See this is why I find it so difficult to get rid of things. I knew they'd come in useful! :rotfl:) I'm calling it DD's cupboard (DDC) and I'll try to get as much of her stuff in there as possible to start with. It's counting towards my clutter total because if I leave it where it is then it IS clutter! I'm including the bags in the weight, cos they were occupying space for Justin (as the KM people put it).

So, today's haul is:
    1 double 'extra' duvet (it's cold in Scotland...) from DD's bed, vacuumed and in the DDC. 3.5lbs
    1 computer tower kept by DS when he built his new 'puter "because there are some useful bits". Useful bits now removed and the rest to the tip. 35lbs :eek:. Yep, that's what I said... :eek:

MRS SD
    - because I feel you want to know these things :D - I weighed the tower on the bathroom scales! :D

Other stuff sorted, but not yet removed, so I won't count it yet.
    Today's total 38.5lbs
    Running total 75lbs

Couple of things about weighing:
    1 I've decided that Recycling does count as clutter, because it hangs around instead of going straight out.
    2 My TARGET of 2018lbs still stands, but I'm giving myself an interim target. I only have 2/3 of the year, so if I reach 1345lbs (2/3 of 2018lbs) I'll be happy. And stunned.

Anyway, this is weighing old underwear... :rotfl:
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • villagelife
    Options
    Not much so far
    583 an old walkman
    584 another charger that I don't knowl what it charges.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    basketcase - thanks for the info - :D I am just a nosey c*w :D - by the way well done & I have great hopes for you re the interim target :T

Since yesterday afternoon:

F716 - F774 Book, picture, yoga mat, 2 towels, Personal DVD player, large toy fire engine with all the alarm sounds, ancient PlayStation with 3 games, 3 Plastic toys, desk, garden rake, 10 photo frames, 2 vases, Tablecloth, unused quilt cover, large aluminium bowl, electric drill & bits, very large solid dark wood table & 8 chairs, sofa & armchair, double glass fronted dark wood bookcase, waste paper bin, ironing board, 4 pans, 2 small table lamps, 3 electric fans, Robot Pool Cleaner, wind up camping light & a large ancient trunk - destined for the Tip but SOLD by yours truly :j:j:rotfl: - ALL SOLD

The expected hordes never turned up as it is has been cold & wet ALL weekend. Never mind, three more weeks of selling so fingers toes etc crossed :rotfl:

MrsSD
    F774/F20,180 :rotfl:

• Rootle
    Rootle Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    17/52 - a trip to the recycling centre to drop off some clothes (jacket, t-shirts and shirts) and some household batteries.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure