Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning All :)

Belated Birthday Wishes to Mothernerd and MummyLewis

Yesterday =NSD number 14
    Today = NSD number 15 (if I behave myself when I'm out!)

Today I am grateful for:
    • Hugs from the puppy
    • My wages at work finally getting sorted
    • A warm cosy home on a rainy miserable day
    I think this month my finances should start to pick up a little... Finally got paid the back-pay I was owed and that means I can get back on track with some of my finances. My savings account will mature in March - and whilst it's not loads I'm not sure where to invest it. I can't get an ISA (as have a HelpToBuy one on the go) and I can't put anymore into that than I already am... Any ideas? Savings account interest rates are still pretty dire I think but I'll have a look around...

Wet and rainy outside today but I need to get into the gym or go for a walk or do some kind of activity. Have a good day everyone x

I think Martin's show last week was all about saving and who had the best rates. Might be worth watching.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 January 2018 at 11:23AM
    Options
    foxholes - I don't read much in the way of books which would be considered educational or something a critic would say is good. I like thrillers, crime and horror particularly but will just give anything a go as long as it is fiction. I'm the same with films, if the critics love it I will hate it as it will just be pretentious rubbish, I like to just lose myself in something for a couple of hours and it doesn't matter whether it is thought provoking or a B movie.

Pouring down and windy here so I am going to carry on with decluttering, it will be my wardrobe today.

Yesterday I bought a couple of things on ebay which are part of my 'zero waste' journey. I got a crystal deodorant stick, I got one which comes without the plastic roll on casing and just comes in a hessian bag, if it works I will get them for all of us.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 800 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all -

Hope you are all doing okay!

We have a busy weekend ahead, with my LOs christening! I am keeping my budgets in mind though- I have done my own buffet! I suspect we will be eating finger food for days to come!

Started running again - and feeling better for it, will be doing it again tonight- time allowing.

Pay day for me on Friday so I will be re doing my budgets. I will update them here as soon as I have looked at everything. Looking forward to feb when I will know where I am with all my budgets, everything will be booked up for the year and paid for & I will know where I stand.

sorted through all my clothes and donated a lot to charity - feeling better for the clear out.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Belated birthday wishes to mothernerd and mummylewis :)

Having abandoned keeping tabs on £ due to flu and OH doing the shopping (although I know we are way under, as he has only been doing very minimal shopping and the freezer and fridge are quite bare) I am mainly in (sitting down and quietly) cheerleading mode :) I have, however, been reading along.
    Decluttering has ground to a halt with flu - although monthly total to date is well over my target of 50, so am pleased with that. It will continue again in Feb, but may wait until later in the month after the kitchen has gone in and the house is therefore less chaotic! Movement/ activity has gone waaaay out of the window - when I was in bed my daily steps were c 1000 max and they're still only at about 3.5-4k, as my breathing is absolutely rubbish still, and a 200yd walk means a sit down rest afterwards!! However, I am much better than I was - and for that I am grateful :D (I am not going to push my chest with any activity, though - this will take a few weeks to get over)
    I am also grateful for:
    * tissues
    * paracetamol
    * pjs
    * OH doing shopping and (minimal) housework and school runs
    * a warm house
    * tumble drier and radiators
    * friends who have been asking after me and sending messages back from school run :) Today was the first school run I've done in 9 school days and it was lovely to have people check on me :)
    * easy food - toast and rice crispies have been my staple diet when I've felt like eating! :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NSD achieved today 15/18
    Grateful for:
    Council refuse workers finally emptying the recycling bins, which have not been done for nearly 2 months.
    Finally managed to put out my recycling which was piling up as I have been sorting out quite a bit of things.
    Decluttering a few other bits.
    Having a chilled out day.
    Hearing the birds singing this morning.
    Doing a small bit of exercise in doors due to the weather.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    NSD 15
    Used 'magic postal survey gift card' to buy one more roll of lining paper, as I was one drop short of finishing the room. £0 of my money,

Got absolutely drenched this morning. Total drowned rat. Came home, stripped and had to put it all in the dryer. Not sure I have completely warmed up yet.

Mock chicken and sweetcorn puff pastry pasties made for lunchboxes tomorrow.

Abundant - who do you bank with? Do you fancy switching?

HSBC have a pretty good bribe on at the moment, if you have not been a customer since 2015, with a linked 5% regular saver account.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Another NSD. Walked to crafts and back. Large file of Christmas (ideas/ papers/ templates. cut out shapes) and smaller file of Autumn/ halloween) stuff filed to put away in the cupboard. Lots of rubbish out last night and pizza box pile squashed and another large bin bag in today after it had been emptied. More washing up (nearly caught up) and lots of recycling out too. Need to decide which category to sort next - might be paperwork as there are some things needing attention.

Today I am grateful for my bed (dozed yesterday evening and slept well overnight (in fits and starts), for easy food (cauliflower with salad dressing - that's what my body wanted) and for making progress (mkes sucha s difference when you can see the dent you have made0.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tonight I am grateful for being able to listen to the howling wind and lashing rain from the comfort,warmth and security of a cosy bed.
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spendy day today but just fit slimming world. Lots of work again and not much else, except two dog walks :) Tomorrow is parents evening so that’ll be a 12 hour day and I’m pretty sure two colleagues are off sick so I need to get in early to do their lessons.

Any advice or thoughts on working part time? I’m considering it.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A spend day again - £15 on a meal out with friends and £30 on petrol.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure