NST January: Health, Wealth and a Life Well Lived

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    misstara - hope your tooth improves quickly.

laurenh - hope the little one gets better soon. I used to put 3 layers of blanket-under-a-sheet so that when dd was sick, I could whip the top layer off and she had a clean layer ready to sleep on straight away.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks apple. I've got an infection in the tooth that recently had root canal, been given a course of antibiotics so hopefully that will sort it out.

A spend day as had to pay for an x-ray at the dentist. Also did a small top up shop and gave £2 to a homeless man.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10796.88/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1538.77/£2000 (76.9% saved).
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good evening!

Had a good day today at work, and feeling optimistic about the future. Pay day this week so that always boosts morale!

Today = NSD number 13

Today I am grateful for:
    • Feeling like I had more energy
    • Food in my fridge and a cooker to heat it
    • A pleasant working environment
    Otherwise not a lot to report. I'm going to spend this evening reflecting and motivating myself again. Really helped.

Night all x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a dry day, for plenty of walking, for some giggles at work, for getting all today's marking completed, for dh and dd coming to meet me off my bus as I was late home, for a yummy tea, for stuffing some wings, for headspace,for the timer thingies on the bus stops that tell you how long you have to wait for the next bus you want.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Another NSD. Very little sleep. Did mum's shopping and went to exercise class - last session but we hope to get her back after May. Dropped off at home. Fell asleep over my laptop.

woke up and went downstairs in search of food. Best birthday present ever. DS2 had come round and was cleaning the kitchen. Stopped to eat and then he did more - I was going to help but he put his netflix on and put something on for me to watch. He has cleaned two of the worktops, some appliances and the top of the stove and cleared the floor and under the table.

Just realising how ill I have been for the past two weeks. I noticed some things that needed doing and knew there was more but could only do a bit (not enough to cover the mess being made). Feeling a lot brighter and it looks a lot more manageable. I thanked him many times.

Today I am grateful for DS2's hard work, for all the clearing I have done so far in my room (still putting out at least one sack of paper a day and for clean clothes (mostlt done last week but have taken a while to dry so have a whole heap now.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    How lovely Mothernerd!
    happy birthday to you MummyLewis, and Mothernerd too.
    Apple, frustrating they cancelled the wedding, but it could have been so much worse.

Two more NSD's brings me to twelve. Old, beyond charity-shop-worthy-clothes taken to weighplace = a few ££ I wouldn't have had. Listed bits on ebay - the great clearout continues.
    Dh is over his lurgy - has passed it to DD2, who is making everyone know about it.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 January 2018 at 11:44PM
    Options
    MummyLewis and Mothernerd - Wishing you both a Happy Birthday.
    Was a spend day. Put spends into my notebook.
    Grateful for:
    The voucher for M&s which I was given as I brought some bras with it - so no spend there.
    Going to bingo with my friend.
    Winning a signed copy of my favourite author's new book through social media. Will be sent to me in due course.
    Some chocolates that my friend was going to throw away, which I very gladly took them home.
    Managing to declutter even more things today.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all turtles :j

Janus So this is a time to look forwards - where do you want to be in 12 months from now? I would like to have the house much clearer. Slow progress but small steps.. 5 years? House completely clear & clutter free, DD settled in her own home. 10 years? Spending half the year in Ireland, half here

Activity. This is a BOGOF one. Take up a new hobby or resurrect a new one. Have sorted out my sewing machine, put it up downstairs only to find the bobbin cover missing, grr. Well never mind I can get another one for about a fiver, but still a bit cross. Also found a length of tween that will back my fairisle cushion - if it ever gets finished..

ALSO, be active. Keep moving. Got out into garden today, did some pruning, need to do quite a bit more before everything starts shooting up. Planted (very late) the last of the daffodil bulbs. Have to do that in the front garden, otherwise dogs dig them up & eat them..

Non-negotiables:
    -18 NSDs (if not, why not?) now 14/18

-your budgets are set by the start of the month and are fixed. Nearly - think I will say £250 for us & all animals, should not need near this amount so all saved will go to another project. Filling in book with receipts, found most of them. Kept receipts from shopping, will fill in book later. Still to do.....

-£5 to foodbank / charity Finally managed to do this!

-pay money to your debts FIRST - do not wait to see how much is left at the end - and live within your budget Do not have debt but have a cc paid off in full each month, which gives vouchers I use at Christmas. Has been a v spendy month, will cut down as much as possible. Will be prepping to start selling some of this stuff ASAP. Tomorrow I will sort at least a few things. Sorted a few more things but still to photo & list.

-meal plan Lunch was LO kedgeree for me & crispbake for DH. Supper was HM Chinese meal which I rarely do because of all the faff, but it was appreciated. Followed by LO bakewell tart mble & YS cream, I had yog banana & a crumbled over piece of rocky road.

Unabashed, unambiguous, unconditional, undaunted, undivided, unerring, unshakeable devotion to your goal(s). [more on this later] Do not exercise as was - like many people - put off at school. And I was also rubbish! Put off swimming by being pushed into the deep end (by the swimming teacher!) which instead of having the desired effect of getting me swimming, actually nearly drowned me..

Always plan your meals; always take a shopping list; always take your lunch to work and drink + snacks when out and about; avoid all coffee shops, vending machines, work canteens... Making shopping list for tomorrow now, don't work outside the home but do a bit of voluntary work. Deviated a bit from shopping list, but not much, took fruit to work & get free brews..Don't drink coffee & never go in coffee shops..will try & take snacks, drink when out & about..

Reduce, re-use, repair, re-gift, recycle, recover, refuse! And read. Reduced clutter in sunroom a bit more & bagged a load of newspapers to take to CS=, also books to take back tomorrow.

You are the key to reducing your debt, living modestly, keeping as fit and well as you can. So look after yourself - physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally. Determined to look after myself & pamper a little each week, have already had a face pack yesterday, need to do things for myself instead of being a in constant rush doing stuff for family Enjoyed my time in the garden & see the first snowdrops out under the trees on the rockery..

I want to re-introduce Bob's s t r e t c h challenge for January: how much extra can you earn / save off your food shop / move / remove.NO sign yet of said shoe but will keep identifying items to sell. Have realised that we have a ton of food still to eat, that's before we start on the 2 chest freezers (& little one inside fridge). There's only 2 of us (but often 3)..Eating up stuff from freezers but still a very long way to go. Will do better once DD is away & on hols in a couple of weeks..plus will not have to go near the shops.

Would joining the 1% thread help you? Or the MFW for 2018? Or the pay off all your debts by xmas18? Does reading mrmoneymustache or frugalwoods inspire you? Have joined Frugalwoods challenge already & will be interested to see how it pans out. Have been on MMM & introduced his philosophy to DH, applied the principles so we are now MF - wish we had done it years ago, wasted so much time/money etc. in the past..
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Improving my environment has recommenced.
    Lining paper going up on walls
    yesterday was NSD 13

Today will be NSD 14

It is raining.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Belated birthday wishes mummylewis and mothernerd!:bdaycake:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure