Keep Moving Challenge for 2018

Options

Comments

• Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    A boost to my miles this week by helping a friend do some deliveries saw my weeks total rising to 90 miles :T

Sore legs and feet might affect me into next week though :(
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    54.8 miles for me this week.
    383.7 miles so far for the year.

However I am away with work next week so its going to be a very low mileage week as I won't have time to run.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Well after a longer period of rest than I was planning, I am back 'moving' :D

Distance wise, its probably arond 20, but as I promised myself, more fell/mountin walking rather than urban.

Did Rivington twice (first as a warm up on Thurs, the 2nd today with the kids), then Pen-Y-Ghent on Friday.

Probably take on Pen-Y-Ghent again but this time the scramble route (didnt do it on Thurs as I had planned due to my dad being unsure about it so took the easier way up instead) and Ingleborough. Im also eyeing up Catbells and Longridge Fell. These fell/mountin walks are weather dependant as I am not skilled, or have the equipment for winter weather (IE snow/ice conditions) walking so I am going to be limited to 'good' weather with no or little snow.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    38.12 miles to add for me. Weather is atrocious so not putting in much extra effort though I may need to walk to work tomorrow as I was too wary of driving car home today. :eek::eek:
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    The weather today actually meant that I walked more miles than I had intended as I just did the 5 mile round trip to the doctors surgery on foot rather than take the car out.
    It will be the same tomorrow, I will just walk to Lidl and do a small shop rather than take the car so that will be a 3 mile round trip.
  • gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I have been monitoring my steps since January 2015. Having just completed February I am very happy to see that my steps have increase every year in both January and February.
    They are my steps and my numbers and measuring the results against ME is a wonderful incentive.
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • BananaRepublic
    BananaRepublic Posts: 2,103 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In July 2016 I took up ice skating, and decided to learn properly. I learnt basic forwards and backwards skating 25 years ago, but I couldn't do minor moves such as stop. :D I have since learnt to hockey stop, both sides, forwards and backwards, and many other useful moves.

One year ago, when buying new skates, Sam who was serving me said I could learn ice hockey. I protested that I was 53, but she said it was not too old. Since then I have gone to ice hockey training sessions at least once a week, sometimes 3 times a week, and public skating 3 times a week. I do at least 5 hours of skating/hockey a week. It is very good exercise. My heart rate regularly goes down to 32 BPM, and I am just over 11 stone, and 5' 11" tall.

If anyone here has ever had a desire to play ice hockey, all I can say is go for it. It is fantastic fun, and fantastic exercise. And the live professional games are very exciting to watch. I speak as someone who hates football, cricket, tennis and most other sports.
  • BananaRepublic
    BananaRepublic Posts: 2,103 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The weather today actually meant that I walked more miles than I had intended as I just did the 5 mile round trip to the doctors surgery on foot rather than take the car out.
    It will be the same tomorrow, I will just walk to Lidl and do a small shop rather than take the car so that will be a 3 mile round trip.

So many of us drive when we would do better to walk as you have done. :)
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    Februarys totals as follows

Distance - 325.8 miles
    Ascent - 15,267 feet
    Energy - 50,700 kcal
    Longest day - 15.5 mls
    Shortest day - 8.43 mls
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    24.9 miles this week. Was always going to be a low week due to being away for 4 days.
    408.4 miles in total for the year to date.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport