Lidl poor Customer Service!!

Options
So after visiting my local Lidl (10 miles away) in order to feed my kids, I couldn't find any staff to ask when the fresh baked goods were due out as it was 12:15pm lunch time. So my first question after I had to go to the checkout and request a staff member to ask, out came, who turned out to be the manager. When I asked why there was no staff member to ask after waiting and looking for 5 minutes, he quite rudely said "coz were busy". So then I asked why there was no fresh baked food out at a lunch time period, he quite abruptly said "coz there sold"! That's it, no..."i'm sorry sir, we're really busy, or, unfortunately they have sold out but more will be out at..?? o'clock" Nope, very rude and because I questioned him, and asked for his name he told me he had WASTED 10 minutes of his time on me and asked me to leave. YES, that's right, with me and my two children, he kicked us out and banned me. He refused to give me his name and wasn't wearing his name badge, as per company policy (but this can be forgiven).

Bear with me here, my main complaint here, after contacting the Customer Service department, where the lady was very apologetic and promised to deal with it, after I sent them the videos that I recorded at the time, they are refusing to deal with the matter as according to the manager of the store, it is a police matter and they cannot investiage the complaint! that's right! However I have stated many times via email that there was no police attending and no police have contacted myself? So how can they say this? I believe (un proven) that it's their way of stalling my complaint from going anywhere internally.

How can I get around this? They refuse to discuss or advise, refuse to show where in their company policies it states they cannot investigate whilst police involve (which they aren't)? I tried emailing the ceo, but they bounce it back to CS? The poice don't have a record of it, but the Lidl people won't accept that nor discuss it further with me, because.......wait for it........there's an ongoing police investigation!!!!:mad:

Help, all I want, is an apology and the ban lifted, that shouldn't have been applied, and carry on with life.

Comments

• spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Youre only giving your side of the story and im already inclined to side with them. Why on earth where you recording them? Sounds like you where on the look out for an argument, and got one, which you lost.

As far as im aware lidl dont have staff knocking around for customer service. They run on minimal staff in order to keep costs low. They dont even have customer service desks.

It would be incredibly unreasonable for someone to kick you out because you asked if baked good where available, and you asked the managers name. Im guessing theres a lot more that happened in the 10 minutes you where filming them?!
  • toe2012
    Options
    Exactly Spadoosh, it is incredibly unreasonable to kick me out for that. But that’s not what I said. I also didn’t say I expected a CS desk or expect staff to be on hand for ‘customer service’ It was his attitude to my very calm questions that that got me to record, as proven, to back myself up. I didn’t record from the start. If I intended to ‘look out for an argument’ as you state, then it would already have been posted all over social media, however after 2 weeks, hasn’t been resolved. Thus I am now asking for advice not criticism. There was also no argument, I was asking questions to which he got offended to, after kicking me and my children out I walked away, without a single argument. I recorded to back up as I have a poor memory and I have NEVER recorded in this way before.

The fact is there is NO police that was requested or present and the police station is right across the store, but why would there be if I didn’t act in a criminal way? Otherwise I would have had.a knock on the door by now, even asking the police for details of the ‘crime’ they have no record.

So going back to the actual question on the original thread was for advice on how to move forward.
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    toe2012 wrote: »
    So after visiting my local Lidl (10 miles away) in order to feed my kids, .

You lost my sympathy straight away with this sympathy seeking comment !!

I really dont think it appropriate to film someone you are having a discussion with and it sounds here like it may have actually been the store manager who called the police - hence they are investigating
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    which branch was this
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    toe2012 wrote: »
    So after visiting my local Lidl (10 miles away) in order to feed my kids, I couldn't find any staff to ask when the fresh baked goods were due out as it was 12:15pm lunch time. So my first question after I had to go to the checkout and request a staff member to ask, out came, who turned out to be the manager. When I asked why there was no staff member to ask after waiting and looking for 5 minutes, he quite rudely said "coz were busy". So then I asked why there was no fresh baked food out at a lunch time period, he quite abruptly said "coz there sold"! That's it, no..."i'm sorry sir, we're really busy, or, unfortunately they have sold out but more will be out at..?? o'clock" Nope, very rude and because I questioned him, and asked for his name he told me he had WASTED 10 minutes of his time on me and asked me to leave. YES, that's right, with me and my two children, he kicked us out and banned me. He refused to give me his name and wasn't wearing his name badge, as per company policy (but this can be forgiven).

Bear with me here, my main complaint here, after contacting the Customer Service department, where the lady was very apologetic and promised to deal with it, after I sent them the videos that I recorded at the time, they are refusing to deal with the matter as according to the manager of the store, it is a police matter and they cannot investiage the complaint! that's right! However I have stated many times via email that there was no police attending and no police have contacted myself? So how can they say this? I believe (un proven) that it's their way of stalling my complaint from going anywhere internally.

How can I get around this? They refuse to discuss or advise, refuse to show where in their company policies it states they cannot investigate whilst police involve (which they aren't)? I tried emailing the ceo, but they bounce it back to CS? The poice don't have a record of it, but the Lidl people won't accept that nor discuss it further with me, because.......wait for it........there's an ongoing police investigation!!!!:mad:

Help, all I want, is an apology and the ban lifted, that shouldn't have been applied, and carry on with life.

What kind of loon goes round filming supermarket staff?

I'd have banned you too.
  • hollydays
    Options
    If you are asked to leave private premesis, you have to go. You shouldn’t have recorded without their permission.
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Perhaps share the video with us for a more objective reply ??
  • toe2012
    Options
    The kind that gets an angry rude response from someone that’s paid to serve customers in a polite manner. Simples.
  • toe2012
    Options
    Looks like people have already judged me before asking for the video! The horse has bolted I’m afraid.
  • hollydays
    Options
    Oh dear..
    :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income