IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MINSTER PCN postal

Options

Comments

• azz007
    azz007 Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 December 2017 at 12:11PM
    Options
    so went there at the site this morning waited around discreetly then this man in a white van pops up and booking tickets. booked one near the loading bay area at the exact spot

i spoke to the him and said if one ticket is already in the post, how is the driver supposes to know to NOT park here and you guys just keep issuing more. wheres the logic and how is that fair to drivers.

He said you got a point and said you can only appeal and maybe just acknowledge the 1st ticket of the lot. so i suspect as keeper of the vehicle , think a few more are on the way. Great (*sigh*)
  • azz007
    edited 14 December 2017 at 7:36PM
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    looking at the picture provided and the google overhead map it seems to be at the side of the mecca bingo to the left near the overhead ramp to the car park, whereas the pub is to the right of that ramp so unconnected. it actually looks like a loading bay area

right i sesne something fishy is going on here...as keeper its driving me mad.. with these minster tickets.
    Just had anothr in the post today 14th. Date of contravention 6th Dec, Issued on the 11th.

on this again is done with a handheld device but it wasnt parked on their so called 'loading area' as the other ticekt,. This oocasion the driver was parked on the actual black tarmac bit. sort of public road.

Also as keep when i went to the site last friday 8th, the man in white van said 'im not touching the car on the black tarmac' as its past the loading bay markings as u can see the color diffrenece. google maps will show this.. I only managed to get his Van Reg btw. he said difrent guys come on days........

So now a ticket has been issued for being parked on the black tarmac bit . wth is going on?. I feel as the car is being trargeted standing out being a performance car or something maybe. they have the car reg in the syteem already so no chasing with DVLA to get details. so makes it easier for them. i have no other reason why to think they are constanlty issuing these tickets . AS keeper i am getting fed up.

Can i complaint to BPA AND dvla ABOUT this behavior ? the guys didnt book that car which was parkled on the balck tarmac last firday as i was watching him ... is there anythign i can do or is it about only appealing. getting really frustarted now.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 December 2017 at 8:00PM
    Options
    if its private property they can do more or less what the landowner tells them , irrespective of the colour of the tarmac

signage plays a part in these private contracts

they would have to prove their case in small claims court , including maps and signage etc

if however, that tarmac is the public road and maintained by oldham MBC then you have a case, so maybe see if the council can tell you if its private land or public highway

these parking chimps dont get proper training so monkey see , monkey do, probably paid on commission for each ticket they hand out , so if in doubt , give a ticket and let head office sort it out

I would have thought that by now you would know it is an unregulated industry , which is why they are called parking cowboys

it is what it is, so if in doubt , DO NOT LET THE DRIVER PARK THERE ! (or it will keep happening ad infinitum)

they are sending the keeper an invoice for their vehicle being parked there , its that simple , so read this

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/unknown_133991

if this foolish driver parks there 260 times per annum (5 times per week) then they will receive 260 parking charge notice invoices (NTK`s) in the post
  • azz007
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    if however, that tarmac is the public road and maintained by oldhma MBC then you have a case, so maybe see if the council can tell you if its private land or public highway

well the guy on friday didnt book or came back and booked the car later who knows. he even said thats the end of the loading bay. on the ticket today u can cleary see the car wasnt on the loading bay at all'
    it was because : F - Vehicle was not authorised to use the car park'

so how does one get on this so called list are there any instructions , no.

well luckily i work part of the council on a contract foranother ltd company so will email the highways department tomorrow

Just found a street index around of oldham
    hxxps://www.oldham.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/1583/street_index_for_the_borough_of_oldham
    John Street is adopted by the coucnil - but will be tough determing who that little balck tarmac land belongs to as you drive into the entrance of the car park.
  • Redx
    Options
    and that is the point , their chimps might not know the difference so just issue a ticket anyway, not their problem, all down to head office to determine

some companies have ticketed on public streets , they get away with it until the matter is raised in court or somebody takes a stand

if they can , they will , proving it to the satisfaction of a judge is different , like those cases involving MRS SUNGLASSES and blogged about by parking prankster (Heath Parade ?)

so it all depends how much you or the driver wish to prove who owns what or if you can prove they are ticketing on the public highway
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    Options
    they have the car reg in the syteem already so no chasing with DVLA to get details. so makes it easier for them.

To issue a ticket legitimately they must acquire the keeper’s details from the DVLA every time they do so.

If you suspect this is not the case you write to the DVLA to ask how many times, and by whom, have your VRM details been acquired. Give the DVLA from/to dates that are sufficiently wide enough to cover all of the NtKs you’ve been issued.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/dvla-reverse-position-on-charging-to.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    edited 14 December 2017 at 8:24PM
    Options
    as above, their KADOE contract with the DVLA means they have to pay for each and every "contravention" to get the keeper details

they cannot "assume" its the same day after day, nor can they get it just the once and then apply it more than once

so every time they ticket the keeper they have to have accessed those keeper details and pay the dvla their pound of flesh

you are making assumptions instead of checking the facts of the matter

yes they would "like" to get keeper details once and once only and then issue a dozen tickets , but the DVLA would suspend them and they would be in serious trouble if this was found to be the case as contractual fraud is a serious and probably criminal matter

if this was found to be the case its likely that the BPA and the DVLA would suspend their membership and contracts , so the keeper can request those dates and see if they tie up with each and every NTK as a separate enquiry
  • azz007
    edited 15 December 2017 at 12:35AM
    Options
    great advice guys, learning everyday and as spending more time on this forum..

so do i email DVLA - who exactly - AOS DEPARTMENT? Also, shall i mention all the tickets in one email which the driver have recieved. ie the contravention dates and issue dates etc... to see how many times they have asked keeper details etc ...
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    David Dunford.

Search the forum, he's mentioned often, with his email address. You can find him.

Tell him your concerns and ask if your data was obtained more than once this year and by whom, and when (every date and reason and company requesting it).

Do not say 'under FOI'. It's not.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 15 December 2017 at 12:08AM
    Options
    I suggest an extra, to sending that email, to help get evidence of how many times the keeper details of your vehicle has been obtained is to send DVLA a Subject Access Request (SAR) via email to:
    SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

I would draft a letter and email it to them saying at least->
    I am registered keeper of XXX vehicle
    My name and address is YYY
    Please can you tell me who and when anyone has requested those details from DVLA since DD/MM/YY

It is free and you should get your answer well before the maximum 40 working days giving you the proof you need.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure