Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two. - Page 56

New Post Advanced Search

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
601 replies 33.5K views

Replies

• DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    1.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    So only one job today, I am doing another one tomorrow as a one off as they have builders in all week. Just been to the pet shop and got the last bits for the cats, food, litter and some other stuff is being sent as a hamper from hubby's work 😱 after that we will organise a subscription with that site to get it monthly, and get his work discount. Will have a little left in the car category after paying the balance for them so will roll that into their microchipping and neutering costs which I booked for beginning of September. All registered with the local vets too.

Going to speak to mum to see if they have space to store some of our stuff. We have some odd it's of furniture which we could get rid of but if we are moving to a bigger house we could probably do with them in the long term. But we need a serious declutter to get it ready for viewings. Need to get a date for the conservatory to be cleaned (externally, and the fascias) fingers crossed we can get it on for Monday 20th July. Need to call some agents to arrange valuations next week, but pretty certain what price we will market it at.
    Dad 6k
    Offer on house and chain complete 21st July 2020
    Solicitors instructed 23rd July 2020
    Mortgage application 28th July 2020
    Mortgage valuation booked 12th August 

• savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    12.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All sounding organised and exciting. 
    During 2020: Target 1) Reduce debt from £25.1K to £5K or less @ 0% Now down to £17,764 Target 2) Overpay mortgage - now @ £774 OP Target 3) Improve pensions Target 4) Declutter 52 bags - now done 21/52 5) Lose 21lbs - now at 15lb lost 6) Build EF/Savings pots to £2K by 31/12/20
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Three valuations booked in for next week 😱
    Dad 6k

• savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    12.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exciting stuff. Are you madly decluttering or is it all done ready?
    During 2020: Target 1) Reduce debt from £25.1K to £5K or less @ 0% Now down to £17,764 Target 2) Overpay mortgage - now @ £774 OP Target 3) Improve pensions Target 4) Declutter 52 bags - now done 21/52 5) Lose 21lbs - now at 15lb lost 6) Build EF/Savings pots to £2K by 31/12/20
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    No decluttering attempted yet, and we are bringing more stuff in because of the kittens 🤔 mattresses are being picked up on Tuesday, once they are out I can really begin to tackle the house. I am going to store a few pieces of furniture at my mum's, and bring down some moving boxes from the loft to put a lot of stuff in and then stack it in our big built in wardrobe. Still having trouble getting to the tip here.

In other news I started ww online at the beginning of June. Something has clicked this time and I have lost 11.5lbs!!!!!! I am so happy, I am finally lower than I was in sep 2018 when I first went back to we (been doing it, then stopping for the past two years) only really being able to shop once a week and making meal plans has really helped. Am really happy with the progress. 
    Dad 6k

1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Not a lot happened today. The boy made a start on the front garden and I mowed the back lawn. I walked with the girl to home [email protected] to pick up a few bits and get out with her. Going to go back tomorrow for some hanging baskets and some of their plants to finish off the front garden ready to sell the house. @sda also had some bargain plants. I don't want to spend too much, but kerb appeal and all that!

Food shop tomorrow, and I am going to the library for the first time since March! Can't wait, I have 14 books ready to go back and hopefully I can get some more. Really missed it, used to pick up 10 books every fortnight 😱
    Dad 6k

1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't make the library, decided to give it a week as it was actually opening that day!

Must chase the window cleaner, will drop him an email now actually.

First estate agent came round. It's the one I will probably go with. He is off tomorrow so will be in touch on Thursday with a full valuation. Parking is going to be the only stumbling block to selling. Annoying, but nothing I can do about that. The boy has done some more of the front garden, I got some hanging baskets and some more bedding plants, for the first time since we moved in 10years ago it looks nice 😂 

One house I really liked on Rightmove has gone. Nothing on seems quite right, but two or three that have potential. Really hoping to get ours on for wed 15th, the day after we have the doors fitted next week, will really have to go for it this weekend with decluttering and painting though!

More kitten pics have come through, I am managing to tell them apart, just, but the breeder said she can send them with the soft kitten collars they have (different colours) so we will keep those on for a week while we get to know them. One is slightlybslightly and rounder with a pinker nose. Just need to sort food for the first month and that's it for them 😁

Work tomorrow, also got to go to the sorting office to pay a customs charge on something for the hubby. Second estate agent coming in the afternoon, then have promised the girl we can watch Hamilton on Disney. Not a show that has ever appealed to me, but we already have Disney so will happily watch it for free! If we love it then we can arrange seeing it in the West end next year.
    Dad 6k

1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, what a day! Second estate agent came round. Was chatting about the type of houses I am looking at, then he said they had one that was going on the market tonight, sounded perfect so we went and viewed it! Ours can be ready to go on next Thursday (they tend to market on Thursdays) and this house ticked every box. It's further from the station than we would like and pre covid wouldn't have looked at it because of that. But looks like hubby will only go back half weeks long term so much less of an issue. Obviously we can't offer as we don't have a buyer yet, but knowing the price means we know what we can drop to for a quick sale. It's chain free too. 

So busy weekend ahead for me, need to touch up some gloss, sort the porch, clean and declutter. My loft is going to be full! 

If the house goes it will be frustrating, but it's shown us what we can get for our money so that is good.

Anyway off to get some of the old moving boxes out if the loft so I can start packing some bits up!
    Dad 6k

• clarissa62clarissa62 Forumite
    473 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Exciting times Drawingaline! Fingers crossed for you this weekend. 
    #39 save 12k in 2019 £2230.35 / £5000 saved in 2019
    #51 save 12k in 2020 £1740.47 / £6000 saved in 2020
    Debt as of 13 July 2020 £8304.40/£10569.02 21.43% paid off

Queen Bee saving for future hive :0
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    So we said we would be happy to offer full asking price for the house and they are going to hold it a week to allow us to  get on the market and hold an open day. With the stamp duty announcement there has been a huge increase in properties going on, which may work in our favour if it falls through, or may just flood the market when there are not actually any more first time buyers. 

So a bit more decluttering has happened, my under stairs cupboard is full now, my tip pile is getting bigger too. I am going to hide everything until we have an offer (everything crossed!) And then take some time to properly go through stuff I think. Photos are being done on Monday, going to be a pain trying to do it around hubby working, but not a lot else we can do really. 

So a busy weekend lined up! 
    Dad 6k