great last min deals to lapland

Options

Comments

• curtlyb
    curtlyb Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lynn44 wrote: »
    LOL mine was £1698 lol bargain £598 for 3 just hope it snows , cant see any as yet on the web cams... as poe tue said levi.fi excellent web site...
    all excited and counting the days,my little boy keeps hugging me saying its gonna beeee ccccooooolllddddddddd...xxxxxx

At weekend we asked our 6yr old if he would like to go and visit Santa in his Lapland home, he took his time then declined the offer saying that it would be far too cold :rolleyes:. Anyway, several ski brochures later he soon changed his mind stating that he would go as long as he didn't have to go in one of the sleighs that takes off...... too much watching 'Polar Express' me thinks :D
  • FluffyFiFi
    Options
    My children are so excited - we only got the okay from the schools on Friday so now we can relax. Just started to get all the ski wear which I think is going to cost almost as much as the holiday but it's fun buying all new things. Anyone got any ideas about where to get apres ski boots? Only 5 weeks and 6 days to go.

:j :j :j :j :j :j
  • supermum4
    supermum4 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hi i ordered ours from millets they have some reduced only in certain sizes though, but you might be lucky. got mine for £19.99 and kids for £16.99 cheapest i could find. good luck. when are you going fluffyfifi?
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I looked at how much it was to hire stuff and I've set that as my budget o buy stuff :) It's £45 for ski suit and boots for the grown ups, £23 for the kids.

I've been ebaying! I got a brand new jacket for DS for 3.90 yesterday :D local so I save on the postage too! And boots for 6.74 including postage. A ski suit for 12.50 for DD. And I'll be able to ebay it all again later!

We're going over to my SIL's tomorrow to see if we can borrow any of their stuff. If you have friends that are regular skiers then they might let you borrow too :)

I've bought boots and salopettes for my son from TX Maxx before. Anyone want the boots? LOL! He's grown out of them.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • FluffyFiFi
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I am going on the 2nd December from Gatwick. We are staying the night before at the Premier Inn Crawley which I booked through Holiday Extras - cost £78.00 but I got £4.29 in cashback for this. I've got a ski jacket from TX Max for me which cost £24.00 (I'm quite small so got one for a 15 year old so a lot cheaper). Ebay is a great idea and I will start looking for the children's stuff on there. Anyone else on the 12.40 flight from Gatwick?
  • supermum4
    supermum4 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nope i'm on the birmingham flight 9th dec, wish i was small enough to get kids sizes twice as much for the adults but thats tax for you,
  • Ningaloo
    Ningaloo Posts: 180 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all, I am sure if you are stopping in Levi you can hire all your kit from the shop in the town which is around the ski slope which is 10 mins max for all staying in that resort, please check the website - Inghams - as thye rent out super warm stuff and face covers which if its windy you will need...I think they were only a few pounds.
    Thank you to everyone who has helped me MoneySave
  • lynn44
    lynn44 Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tschibo have some nice quality ski wear in stock and on line, got some new ski pants for me £25 and ski suit for my son £19.99 and lovely warm furry hat :)
    I would love to be a Travel Agent :j
  • curtlyb
    curtlyb Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ..............and even better news is that its snowing at last :j

look here
  • FluffyFiFi
    Options
    I've heard that Lidl are getting in their ski wear on Monday 5th November. Might be worth checking out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure