“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,365 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I hate polystyrene it gets everywhere ugh :(

Lovely offer from Lucky re the uniform, hope you can utilise it.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Parcel ready to post tomorrow. It’s all stuff I think you might need for a school trip, but nothing flash. If it’s not suitable, feel free to donate it to the SA. So you know what else you might need, I’m sending;

4 pairs of casual trousers/joggers
    2 tshirts
    1 long sleeved top
    1 hoodie
    1 (thin) jacket
    Lots of boxer shorts.

I think that’s it. I should’ve listed it before I wrapped it :rotfl: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    What a star you are SA :D xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening.

Stopping the cleaning at a bit more of a reasonable time tonight. Well I think so anyway.

Thank you so much Lucky x

The polystyrene is no where near as bad as it was. There's still enough to look a mess though!

Meal plan done. Shopping list wrote. A little more expensive this week as we need toiletries and washing powder.

Plan looks loosely like

Tomorrow - GP Appointment and into local town. Need to post something and will call in the SA and library
    Tuesday - Have to go into real town for DD to see OT. Will find something to do after it depending on weather
    Wednesday - Big appointment for youngest which will probably take the majority of the day.
    Thursday- not sure. Depends on weather (park or baking or something) pharmacy delivery day so need to stag in.
    Friday - eye tests for smalls in big town and will probably do the museum/library

It means I need bus fare most days for smalls along with train fare on one of them too. Will need to take pack lunches etc and make sure we have enough drinks.

Hope you all have a lovely week

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You fit in an amazing amount, Wannabe. I bet the polystyrene is vastly improved.

I hope all the appointments go well this week.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Morning.

We are up and out ready to take on today.

Need to go to the library to print something so I can post it. Then up to the GP. Then back to the post office and the SA.

It's currently dry so made the smalls walk much to their disapproval. It saves £7.50 that can go towards the travel needed when it's just too far to walk.

Hope you all have a happy Monday

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a good day. X
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • BalanceBy50
    BalanceBy50 Posts: 467 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 August 2019 at 10:40PM
    Options
    As always so impressed by you wannabe - you are amazing. I always find its drinks I run out of when we picnic or have pack ups and even a bottle of water is so expensive these days. I even take my flask of coffee to the cinema with me these days.

I feel your pain over school uniforms. Our polos & jumpers have to be logo'd and it's so expensive. Two years ago my primary bought in logo'd PE shirts £7 as opposed to buying a cheap plain white t-shirt:mad:. It's just not necessary in primary. However you did make me think this week - I had some school trousers and shorts I'd kept from my oldest for my youngest who starts in September but he's a chunky monkey and they are two small. I was going to try and sell them but for the couple of quid I would have made I donated them to my local uniform exchange (the one mentioned in the BBC!). You are alwAys so greatful and believe there are people in worse situations than you do I wanted to payit forward a bit xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    2 parcels on their way. Had to split them as it was over the limit :o.

Hope you’ve had a successful day Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Evening

Thank you so much for stopping in :) and than you lucky again

Today was partly successful. Was all going okay until we came out the GP and it was pouring down. DS hasn't taken his coat so I ended up needing to get a taxi back into small town to do the things we needed. So £4 spent there. Went to the library and printed the things to post 80p in to print. On to the post office and £2.70 spend there.

After that it was still pouring down so we went to the SA. Dropped in some bits youngest has out grown. Looked for bits we needed but nothing really there although got oldest DD 2 t-shirts. So 80p spent there. Still raining so we stopped for a cuppa for me. Squash for the smalls. £1.80 Spend there I didn't really need to spend :o but the girls where over the moon at a 'posh cafè' stop in their words.

By the time we had done the rain was light enough to walk home and get dried off and put a film on

Hope you've all had a good day.

Tomorrow will be another spend day on travel for smalls for an appointment for youngest as it's too far to walk. Then on Wednesday we have a big appointment in the city will which mean train and bus fare. Although will take pack lunches and drinks so hoping there's only travel and maybe a coffee :o to cover spend wise.

x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback