“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm not sure how my friend accesses it tbh, I'm seeing her next week and will ask, but I did ask if she had to pay and she said no. Cherry is right, they will all be checked out and it's a door to door service which would be much easier for you all.

My uncle did volunteer driving for a local hospice for years. There's probably lots of people out there who could help, it's just finding out how to access things sometimes. xx
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Check to see if there's a local volunteer service in your town too, we used ours when. We needed lifts to hospital - they do charge but not for time, just for the cost of fuel so it was around £4 for a hospital trip each way but train/bus/taxi would have been over £30 each way.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy Friday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    How are things Wannabe?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • teafor2
    Options
    Morning WB :) Hope you and the smalls have been enjoying yourselves now the appointments are over for now.

Did you get your shopping delivered? I don't need a specific delivery time so I choose a slot that only costs £1 which is definitely worth the money.

Weather is lovely here today. Hope you and the DC's manage to get out and about for some fresh air. xx
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning (just)

Thank you

Yesterday was another spendy day. £7 50 bus fare. £44.50 to have my phone repaired :( (really upset about this) but we can't manage with no phone. It does the tv etc and I needed for youngest/hospital etc etc really could have done without breaking it though. It dropped off the pram onto the hospital floor and completely smashed and wouldn't even turn on :(

Tea I haven't done the grocery shopping yet :o I think that's what I'm going to do though. We need toiletries/washing powder etc and some tinned things so I think it will be easier.

Weather is lovely. We are making the most of it and going to go to the country park with a pack lunch and get some fresh air. Hoping it lifts my headache.

Hope you've all have a wonderful day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • teafor2
    Options
    Oh blimey, you could have done without the added expense of that. :(

For what it costs I'd definitely get your shopping delivered especially if you need lots of heavy stuff.

Have a lovely day at the park. Hope the headache goes. xx
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It might be worth you investing in an ruggedised phone cover when you're not having a spendy week - I drop mine all the time, so I have really tough covers on them (one work, one personal) by i-blason. They're not the most expensive, but they've more than paid for themselves over the years. If you let me know what model of phone you've got I'll see if I have a spare as I've got the old ones from work phones lying around somewhere waiting to be disposed of.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,410 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Boo to phone but glad it is sorted.
    I have an unicorn beetle cover in mine as also prone to dropping it.
    Enjoy your day. X
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • PositiveBalance
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your phone, Wannabe - as someone who has had a walking nightmare with hers the past few weeks, I feel your pain. xxx
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family