“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They will SA, amazing when they've gone. Definitely a lot of lessons learnt.

I'm quite lucky their things do last quite well. I don't know what they've done in school today but DD1's sole is completely hanging off on hers and the other two's aren't much better. But glue will save theirs. DD's are past saving not even for a day.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Can DD1 not wear trainers/gym shoes tomorrow?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    edited 17 January 2019 at 11:01PM
    Options
    Not allowed Beanie, they make them wear some out of lost property and she would be so upset :o

I've seen some on Asda online reasonably priced I hope our little store has them. I won't be grocery shopping until Monday to stretch it out and make up for being over budget this week so will manage. It will all work out. Things are so much better than this time last week

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Wow! I've not been on for a few days. It's so nice to see the Debts going down.

I've had to order my girls boots from Asd@ today too. DD2 are just little slip on things and the hole goes all the way through the heel. Luckily they have a no uniform day tomorrow so i've been able to order them.

Definitly keep the home ed as an option. If your DD still needs a lot of time off when she's poorly once she is officially CSA, i've known schools become very different.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you Home Ed is something I'm going to discuss tomorrow X

Asda have some online at £5 I'm hoping they have them in store

X
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning :) Hope the early morning dash for DD's shoes paid off and that the meeting goes well today. x
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Morning, today I just shouldn't have got out of bed :o

First off DD1 spilt a whole 4 pints of milk because she couldn't wait the 5 minutes why I was dressing DD2. So now I feel guilty for being cross :o
    We went to Asda and they didn't have the shoes they had online. Only ones at £15+ so a massive meltdown from DD1 about how she will be in trouble and tears and everything else.

Anyway they are in school and her teacher reassured her it's okay for today and I will sort it before Monday.

This afternoons appointment has been cancelled. They will call with another day. Thanks for the warning :cool: :mad:

Is it bedtime yet?
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's rotten when your day gets off to a bad start, but I'm glad the school went easy on your DD about the school shoes. The last thing you needed was them being difficult about that.

The only way is up! Hope your day improves dramatically :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you Homegrown

x
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    18/01/19
    Debt
    Council Tax Will be £137.50 when paypal £100 reaches the bank (£12.50 paid)
    Rent arrears £1295 (£25 paid)
    Credit card £0

Total [STRIKE]£1620[/STRIKE] £1432.50

Bank Balance £32.71 + £1 pending

Weekly Out - Budget now
    £125 to rent
    £12.50 to Council tax arrears
    £25.60 to this years council tax
    £10 Gas
    £15 Electric
    £11.40 Water
    £5.60 TV License
    £1.25 for phone credit (£5 a month)
    £7.50 for Virgin

£3 Snack

This leaves £30 and odd pence for food and everything else weekly

Paid Council tax debt (£12.50)
    Paid rent (£125)
    Paid council tax (£25.60)
    Sent £8.75 to 'bill pot' Virgin & Phone Credit

£50 cash out
    Paid TV license (£5.60)
    Topped up Gas £15
    Topped up Electric £15
    Paid water £11.40

£3 in pound coins for snack.
    x

Still need to get DD's school shoes and tights. Will sort it later today. I'm having coffee and 10 minutes first. £5 extra on the gas this week because it's freezing and all the emergency had been used.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback