“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Spent the day doing nothing. Literally didn't move until I went on the school run. Smalls are home, fed and in the bath. Just having a cuppa then they can get out and settle down and do something quiet until bedtime. Littlest cried again at school but soon settled, cried at lunch and got her own way so settled again :o Diva!

Called PayPal, funds will hit bank account Sunday. Apparently completely normal and just a computer generated security check. Will send straight to CT as soon as it's in.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Pollie
    Pollie Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I realise you want to pay outstanding amounts as soon as possible but could you not keep around £20 back in case needed? If not used, you could then use towards payments.
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brilliant that you've got the big guns behind you tomorrow :T Your DD sounds a real character. :) I suppose even if she's still getting upset the fact she's settling a bit quicker is a positive.

Do you not enjoy food? It doesn't interest me one bit, not that you'd know looking at me! In fact I'm disappointed nobody has yet invented a tablet that you can take 3 times a day that makes you feel full :rotfl: I find the whole food thing really boring.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I don't know what you mean Pollie :o I'm only paying the minimum payments in the budget.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Everyone in bed

Writing today off - tomorrow is a new day

x
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope tomorrow is a better day.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    17/01/19
    Debt
    Council Tax [STRIKE]£250[/STRIKE] (Will be £150)
    Rent arrears £1320
    Credit card £0

Total [STRIKE]£1620[/STRIKE] £1470

Bank Balance £8.03 (£1 pending) + £2.50 Cash

Weekly Out - Budget now
    £125 to rent
    £12.50 to Council tax arrears
    £25.60 to this years council tax
    £10 Gas
    £15 Electric
    £11.40 Water
    £5.60 TV License
    £1.25 for phone credit (£5 a month)
    £7.50 for Virgin

£3 Snack

This leaves £30 and odd pence for food and everything else weekly

Need to buy DD1 school shoes tomorrow, They won't even be okay for tomorrow so will need to leave early and go to the supermarket. I'm really dissapointed about this :o Youngest will have to wait until next week then DS the week after. Pray they all hold out this long. Need to fit in DS's school trousers in too. Going to have a look for some more things to list. I'm sure I'll find something.

Last Virgin bill has been produced and there will be enough to cover it in the 'pot' when it's due.

x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done on everything you have achieved this week budget wise, especially the gift you received how wonderful.

Here is to a better nights sleep , and less pain. Hope you get DD1 some shoes that fit in the morning.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,312 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Those debts are really going down now, they'll soon be gone at this rate :)

One thing I don't miss about my two being young is the constant buying of shoes and clothes. At least nowadays you can buy them fairly cheaply, when mine were young there wasn't as much choice. There's no point paying a lot, they either grow out of them or wreck them.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you Cumbria, its been a really weird week. Good weird but weird.
    x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback