“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another one who's baffled that you don't get syringes on prescription. £11.99 for a box and then more expense for another one is a lot of money. How long will your boxes last you? It's a sad state of affairs when you have to make a conscious effort to decide which points to push and arguments to pick :mad: x
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Some sizes a box lasts 1 month others 2 months. I do reuse them until they get too stiff/the numbers have come off. It isn't a problem DLA usually covers them :) The meds and things I can't 'buy' I push hard on because I have no choice but to rely on the Dr/Consultant to prescribe.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I think I best get some cleaning done before it's school run time :rotfl: I've sat on my phone so much it needs charging already :o Lazy!

I also need to boil some potatoes for mash and prep veg. Chicken pie, mash and veg for dinner tonight. I am going to start eating dinner at the same time as the smalls too after the Dr not being impressed with the food diary lately. More effort needed - no excuse now I know there is enough in the budget to feed everyone.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Wannabe, I just wanted to stop by to mention Qmee - a survey app that was recommended to me by Scott_Weiland on here. I noticed that you mention doing surveys and this one might be a decent addition if you don't do it already. I've cashed out almost £15 this month so far (and haven't been putting in maximum effort). They pay out at any amount, transfer to paypal within 24 hours and there's a really regular stream of surveys. I've been knocked out of a couple half way through but the rest are decent and the ones that have screened me out have done so quickly.

Ignore this if you already use or have ruled this one out, it just might be a good way to add a few £s to your tight budget here and there.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    Options
    I am going to start eating dinner at the same time as the smalls too after the Dr not being impressed with the food diary lately. More effort needed - no excuse now I know there is enough in the budget to feed everyone. x

Please tell me you've not been eating because you've not felt like it, not because there's not been enough money for food. :(

I love family meal times. I love the chatter around the table about what we've all been up to that day. x
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Ahh thank you Homegrown I'm sure Sashy has mentioned it and I downloaded it then never finished it :o Will check it again. Thank you it sounds good!

I always sit with them when they are eating or I'm in the kitchen with them even if I'm ironing/cleaning, We have the most of our conversations over food, it's about the only time they all sit still long enough :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,338 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    edited 16 January 2019 at 8:42PM
    Options
    Out of interest how much are the syringes?
    How can one last a month!!

Just seen they are 12 quid a box.

& this just proves how much you need the blooming DLA :mad: :mad:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    Options
    Hey wannabe just caught up. We always have chatted around the table at dinner too. Thanks for all your help on my diary with food etc. I really appreciate it. X
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Hopefully be sorted in a few weeks Beanie, I'm hoping that means it will be sorted and not need a full appeal.

Thank you Missy x
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I should have been writing some notes up for Fridays appointment with youngest's team. But I haven't :o I've sat and done nothing more than the usual cleaning and ironing :rotfl: That means I will have to do them tomorrow.

Smalls are all sleeping and everything ready for tomorrow. Lifted lasagne out the freezer to defrost for dinner tomorrow evening for them. Youngest can have some more of her garlic bread she will be pleased ;)

x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback