“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,148 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hope you are feeling a bit more settled today.

Instead of putting a bit more to the CTax could you build up a bit of a storecupboard? It would help when things are tight, and if you've been eating from the cupboards the last few weeks you must be emptying it. It also might help in the short term if things do go up or there are supply issues after Brexit.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Mum_of_2_monkeys
    Options
    Hi WF - I don’t think I’ve ever posted but I’ve been reading this diary from the start & have read some of previous ones - I know you don’t think so, but you’re absolutely fantastic! Amazing mum & generally a lovely person - always thinking of others and donating what you barely have yourself. Brilliant news on the credit card and general reducing of debts.
    Just a thought, although you’ve probably done all this already - I’m guessing dd3 is in size 6 nappies at the mo - are you aware that you can buy size 7 libero from a certain “amazin” online retailer... just thought I’d mention it in case they were any cheaper than what you currently get... we had to buy them for my son to double nappy him for an op a few years ago...
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, I will have a look. We aren't that many short now at 15 a week and Mr T was cheapest this week. She wear's a pull up to school and 99% of the time comes home 'dry' it's mainly over night now when she's well. We tried reusable but they are so bulky it was really noticeable under her clothes and it upsets her if others know she has a nappy on. So I will have a look. I usually use my survey vouchers for syringes and things but I seem to be struggling to reach cash out and keep waiting but I'm just going to have to order it.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Mum_of_2_monkeys
    Options
    I vary getting my pull ups from online retailer and Tesco as they have p*mpers version and the purple well known version on offer at both at different times. Xx
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    It really is baffling that you have to pay out of your own pocket for syringes WF - clearly if she is prescribed medication that needs injecting they are required so the NHS should be picking up the tab on this in my view. Grrr! :mad:

I have a suspicion that the sorts of foods that the majority of frugal cooks on here tend to go for are unlikely to be too seriously affected when Brexit occurs - although a bit more shopping around may be needed. It may well affect some of the own label Lil's and Al's stuff that isn't made in the UK I guess. Fingers crossed nothing too serious anyway.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you EH, we are expected to reuse syringes - which I do but the numbers wash/sterilise off :o

I hope the food prices don't rise too much :o I'm trying not to think about it.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    16/01/19
    Debt
    Council Tax [STRIKE]£300[/STRIKE] (Will be £200)
    Rent arrears £1320
    Credit card £0

Total [STRIKE]£1620[/STRIKE] £1520

Bank Balance £20.03

Weekly Out - Budget now
    £125 to rent
    £12.50 to Council tax arrears
    £25.60 to this years council tax
    £10 Gas
    £15 Electric
    £11.40 Water
    £5.60 TV License
    £1.25 for phone credit (£5 a month)
    £7.50 for Virgin

£3 Snack

This leaves £30 and odd pence for food and everything else weekly

Not a NSD
    - £6.65 in Mr T (potatoes, milk, bread, nappies)
    - £11.99 syringes (just bought one size for now will wait for vouchers before getting the rest :o)
    + Waiting for a PayPal withdrawal to hit the bank and then the CT debt will be down to £200 :D
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you EH, we are expected to reuse syringes - which I do but the numbers wash/sterilise off :o

I hope the food prices don't rise too much :o I'm trying not to think about it.

Have you raised this with the surgery or hospital WF? Is there a different sterilising solution they could give you that might not cause this problem perhaps?

Definitely no point in worrying over much about the food prices thing allowing that there is nothing we can do about it anyway! :p

And woop! Look at that drop on the council tax arrears! Go you! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Basically my own fault for cleaning them so much :cool: They don't need sterilising in their opinion or washing as much. BTW they are the exact same as the 'single' use ones we use as an inpatient and 1 of each size a month is supposed to last the 28 days :cool:

I give up arguing over them a long time ago, Some things I have pushed harder on (the cheaper med etc) and some I've won, some I haven't. It's sad but the NHS is pushed to his limits and beyond and I am grateful for what we do get 'free'

x
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'd be extremely unhappy about the suggestion that they don't need sterilising WF - and hope to goodness that everyone else is following the same path you are on this. Goodness! :eek: Yes, I do see your problem, and it is certainly wise to "choose your battles"!
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills