“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Good grief, some people must be easily offended ;) I can't remember reading anything on here that would cause me to think that way. Didn't realise we were supposed to keep on topic. I've just rambled on my diary about buying OH a fruit and nut bar .... oops!

Ooh, naughty naughty cancelling appointments :p I'm sure I read you walked 45 minutes into town the other day so you deserve a bus ride and a drink. x

I'm terrible for cancelling my own appointments :o always with enough notice it can be filled though.

Yeah town is about 2.5 miles away and takes me at least 45 minutes. I'm not the quickest :o :rotfl:
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey wannabe, just caught up on your diary. Well done on paying off your CC, and working so hard on your budgets. You really are an inspiration. I hope you have an easier day today. X
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    16/01/19
    Debt
    Council Tax £300
    Rent arrears £1320
    Credit card £0

Total £1620

Bank Balance £38.67

Weekly Out - Budget now
    £125 to rent
    £12.50 to Council tax arrears
    £25.60 to this years council tax
    £10 Gas
    £15 Electric
    £11.40 Water
    £5.60 TV License
    £1.25 for phone credit (£5 a month)
    £7.50 for Virgin

£3 Snack

This leaves £30 and odd pence for food and everything else weekly

Morning today won't be a nsd I need bread and milk and potatoes unless I change the menu plan around a little and wait till Friday for potatoes.

I hope you all have a lovely day x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Considering I couldn't sleep I sat making more plans how to manage longer term.

So the plans on the other page remain the same.

My target now is the council tax arrears. Anything 'extra' will go here. Surveys etc. I don't think there will be much left in the budget but if there is then this will go to the council tax too.

Once the council tax has gone this leaves nearly £50 a week for food/bus fares/clothes/school etc. Or I could add it to what I'm paying the rent arrears and continue to keep the budget at £30.

Either way things can only get better from now. I think I'm just a worrier :o about everything!

Need to order some syringes and nappies for youngest too. Then maybe add a 'pot' for these until the DLA is sorted again

X
  • PositiveBalance
    Options
    Very sensible plans there, Wannabe.

It will be amazing to have the CT gone and an emergency pot for DD.

Might I suggest tucking a few pounds away for a Brexit emergency fund as well? Not wanting to worry a worrier or anything but quite a few people on the forums are buying a bit more food etc 'just in case' so it might be nice to have a few pounds set aside if necessary. (Which you can then throw at other stuff if not needed.)
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning :) Hope you managed to nod off for a few hours and are feeling a bit more settled today. Did the smalls all go into school happy?

I'm half awake and read your £30 and odd pence as 30p for the week :eek: That woke me up pretty sharpish :rotfl:

Always good to have a plan, even if they don't fully come to fruition it helps to have something to work towards.

If you keep the council tax payments at £12.50 they should be gone by July which doesn't sound too far away. And if you can throw a little bit of extra at this, even sooner. :T

Maybe you could split the money between rent arrears and your weekly budget when you're at that stage. It could all get a bit better before then though if you get the DLA through. It's all looking really positive. :)

Have a lovely day and try not to worry too much. xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Check your email x
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Can you not get DD"'s nappies through the district nurse or the hospital?
    That would save you some pennies?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you PB, I haven't really thought about Brexit :o I do hope we will just change our eating to fit in with what doesn't rise too much. I will have to think about it though with a budget that's so tight so good idea.

Morning Teafor2 Smalls went into school okay, they weren't very happy with how wet it is as it means no playing outside!

Morning Beanie, will pm you in a second. No we get an 'allowance' of 15 nappies a week :o :rotfl: It all helps I guess (wish there was a roll eyes) Although her weight dropping means she is back down a size and 'normal' nappies fit again.

x
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Not a NSD as expected, went to Mr T on the way home from school run (because nappies are half price ;)) Spends £6.65 - Potatoes, milk, bread and nappies. This really has to be the last spends this week as I was already over budget! Going to try and make this last until Monday to try and catch back up.

x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback