Add your feedback on energy supplier People's Energy

Options

Comments

• ozaz
    ozaz Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was with People's Energy for about 6 months, but gave up as they appeared to be incapable of running an efficient service. This is confirmed if you read the CEO's Mission Statement where he explains his 'laid-back' approach to life.

What do you mean by incapable of running an efficient service?
    Everything has been efficient for me.
  • reefer37
    reefer37 Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    in the process of joining so will see how it goes. so far so good.

joining on the 2 month up front tariff as very competitively priced.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,799 Forumite
    Options
    Well last posted on this early Dec. My fix finishes mid Feb. Already gone for my new fix which is cheaper than the last. It is the 2 month up front, however because I did that last year I don't need to do it again. So a win! I suspect that the 2 month up front is what keeps them only adding new customers slowly, it stops them being overloaded.
  • Blackdog
    Blackdog Posts: 459 Forumite
    Options
    Trying to decide between this company and Gulf, both are small companies but as we know Gulf are part of the big US company. Have People's Energy started rolling out smart meters yet?
  • barwuf
    Options
    I'm just coming up to the end of my 12-month contract with PE. The switch was smooth, the bills are simple and clear, and my initial fear of a language problem (they're based in Scotland you know) proved unfounded. They haven't bombarded me with condescending energy-saving claptrap. Go for it!
  • Highland76
    Options
    Blackdog wrote: »
    Trying to decide between this company and Gulf, both are small companies but as we know Gulf are part of the big US company. Have People's Energy started rolling out smart meters yet?
    Their lack of interest in smart meters (SMETS2) was one of the main reasons I left them last year and TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if the situation was still the same. Since joining E.ON, I've managed to get SMETS2 meters fitted, with the icing on the cake being lower energy prices versus People's Energy.
  • ozaz
    ozaz Posts: 315 Forumite
    Options
    Blackdog wrote: »

I believe so. This blog post suggests customers will be offered installation of Smart meters over the 12 month period from Nov 2019

https://peoplesenergy.co.uk/about/blog/smart-meters-are-coming
  • tlcgrantham
    Options
    I joined People's Energy last year on their winter 2 months upfront tariff. The switch went well and I'm impressed so far with People's Energy. However they have just released a far cheaper winter 20v3 version. Do People's Energy allow you to change tariff without paying the exit fees?
  • reefer37
    Options
    quick question do people energy allow you to transfer to a new tariff within people energy without paying the £60 exit fee.
    signed up in jan for 2 months upfront payment and they have just realese a new version of this for £20 cheaper. under other suppliers eon and tonik was alble to transfer if internal without the fee as still staying within the same energy provider just wondered if peoples energy allowed the same.

• reefer37
    Options
    just seen tlcgrantham post asking the same thing
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family