Forum Home» Quick! Grabbit while you can» It's Gone, but was it any good?

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½ - Page 9

New Post Advanced Search

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

edited 19 February 2018 at 12:48PM in It's Gone, but was it any good?
57.6K replies 5M views

Replies

• edited 6 November 2017 at 7:04PM
    LEJCLEJC Forumite
    9.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 November 2017 at 7:04PM
    pippo wrote: »
    Aw hun, I take it that he has regrets, despite his marriage, but you don't...
    It wasn't right for you then and it is sad if he still thinks of what might have been, but you both moved on.

I imagine that he is going through all the ifs and buts, BUT, you are doing the right thing however I think you must be prepared for
    some anger, I guess he'll have to take it out on somebody.
    Be brave and support in any way you can.
    X
    Yes, need to know about our Elite son mhoc!

he continued to think what might have been for years afterwards I'm afraid.

I married my OH "on the rebound...."he said and it took him over 15 years to realise that there was never going to be "our happy ever after".
    He missed out on so many things...children... because he wouldn't completely accept that I was very happy with the man I have been married to for almost 25 years.

He finally married for the first time 7 years ago...and from what I hear he's been very happy with his wife...she's older than him and it breaks my heart that he never experienced his own children,he would have been the most wonderful dad.
    It was because of his marriage that he insisted there be no more contact with me...and that was something I fully understood at the time.

I have since found out however that whilst he cut contact with me,he never stopped contact with others in my family...predominantly my mum whom he visited a few times over the years.(I was always aware that they had a good relationship but until last week I had no idea they had been in contact right up almost until she died 4 years ago)

It's all spilling out now and all for the sake of something I said when I returned the ring 27 years ago.
    Madness.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • edited 6 November 2017 at 7:05PM
    Picasso7Picasso7 Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 November 2017 at 7:05PM
    Thank you, Redfox! And thank you for putting post 20 back too!
  • Picasso7Picasso7 Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    bcw123 wrote: »
    Thanks just got home ready to print out some Princes fish and fruit coupons and the site has disapeared an any one help

Thanks LEJC for finding both the Princes links. I'm popping them both together here for people:

https://www.princes.co.uk/tunacoupon

https://www.princes.co.uk/fruitcouponing/

No need for real email address or postcode.
  • Snap-antSnap-ant Forumite
    15.9K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    :)

Rather a good idea - if I can find where I've put it next year :o

vhqat4.jpg

This was this year's effort :D

2zqhjcn.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• carolt2carolt2 Forumite
    852 posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    mhoc wrote: »
    Has anyone else had a Christmas mailing this morning. Firstly there is a voucher to scan instore or use the evoucher code on your online shop but do this before the 19th.
    Then for the next 6 weeks - but you only need to actually reach target for 5 weeks - spend £25 but it can be over several shops.

Then on December 21st you should have extra points worth £6.50 - in theory.

There are also 2 vouchers for extra points if you shop the week before and the week after Christmas, again for £25 shops worth an extra 2500 points

The back page has a set of random money off vouchers.

I dont know if everyone will get the mailing - we both have Morrisons cards but so far only OH has had his. I think its a long while since he had a Morrison fiver so I dont know if this is what has triggered it.

Possibly the e voucher code is card specific but I've sent it to Eldest child anyway to try as Morrisons is her main grocery store - not sure if she will get the mailing but a month back she had masses of Morrisons fivers for her Christmas shopping

We had this mailing today, exactly the same as you described.
    We don't really shop in morrisons much except for petrol.
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'
  • mhocmhoc Forumite
    19.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LEJC wrote: »
    DS and his placement...he has put in 3 of the 5 that he is interested in...thankfully the furthest away is sellarfield....so we won't get christmas in OZ next year.
    He's very wound up over an assignment that is due in soon and it just hasnt all clicked together so all efforts are being targeted there for the time being ....he will go back to applications after the weekend I think.....
    It's been a long time since we last saw him and I think even he is missing us!

My other situation....it simmers on....
    I am now I think avoiding the face to face as I am confident I know what it will bring up...
    we have had several phone calls and a few texts...I've tried to keep them as light as possible but it is becoming very clear that there is an elephant in the room in the shape of the engagement ring that was given back with the sentiment of "keep it safe...you never know....."

Well I know now it is out to cause maximum destruction!

so for the time being its a case of keeping the phone as the distance between us.

so next scene in our Eastenders catch up...how did "our elite son" get on with his selection event?

Engagment ring :eek:

Errant son did very well at Selection passed all sections, managed the 5.30 and 6 starts, did without his phone for 2 days and had enough food at meal times :)
    He could not go for his first option as perfect eyesight is needed so he was given a choice of 2 roles - he went home with various job descriptions on Saturday afternoon and he was told he had 48 hours to make a decision.
    This morning, having done all the research over the weekend and having had several talks with his big brother, he went up to army careers to talk to them, still not quite decided.
    He got really good positive feeback from Selection which was very encouraging. Army careers went through his choices again and what other options he had and finally he chose to be an Armorouer - they deal with fixing, maintaining and general maintaince of every type of weaponery starting with the smallest pistols up to tank guns etc

The next stage is phase 1 which will be at the end of February - thankfully well clear of his holiday, Christmas,New Year 3 birthdays and all of the usual frivolity that goes on at this time of the year.

He is now waiting on a call possibly tommorow which will be formal acceptance of his offer.

In the meantime there is quite a bit of prep to be done - he has to keep doing all of the fitness he was doing and improve.
    I've also got him an options appointment so he can sort out glasses - only cheap and cheerful ones as he will probably only wear them under sufferance

No news yet from work regarding morning shifts at 2nd hotel so he is at a bit of a loss, not used to being at home so much - the last few weeks he was in work at 3 but now its not until 7 and only then for 4 hours. I dont know how many meals he has eaten today - firstly he just had cereal as he had to be at the army careers office before 9 - about 45 mins away. When he came back he washed the car and then had a massive bowl of mince and tatties left from Saturday night. 2 hours later he was hungry again so a meat and potato pastie went in the oven so he had a can of spagetti whilst waiting for that to cook. Then 2 hours later he finished up the roast pork from Sunday in sandwiches. Soon he will be off to work and will probably have another 2 course meal there.

Dont ask me how I am coping, not fully processed it all yet - a life long pacifist who next year will have 2 sons in the army.
    Eldest son was RMP so his was very much a peace keeping role and now he mends land rovers so not front line as such.
    Errant sons role will be much more at sharp end.
    They never as kids had toy guns, not even water pistols or plastic swords, never did things like martial arts or anything even remotely violent like rugby. Never allowed to watch violent films even.

But there is a purpose to everything and you are only tested with things that you can cope with.
    If Errant son comes out with a satisfying life long career then that is the best outcome and thats what we all want for our offspring -that and health and happiness :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • edited 6 November 2017 at 7:22PM
    SavvybuyerSavvybuyer Forumite
    22.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 November 2017 at 7:22PM
    Just putting this here in case it gets updated, to a blank page, elsewhere. I don't know whether this list is right and the other one was wrong or vice versa - just putting here for now for me, if indeed I ever do, to compare the two versions and work out which is correct later. I might just leave it, if I can't get a complete version back, as it took absolutely ages to complete the full lists first time around.

SECOND COPY - in bold so I don't update wrong list again.
    SP items (as at 29th September 2017)
    I can't guarantee this is correct - it is to the best of my knowledge. In particular, the items that are marked N/A against non-W stores can be a bit tricky as it's not always easy to tell that items really don't exist at competitors - they could in theory be somewhere other than my location and I don't know if there is something that might be picked up.

Vs M - not available Northern Ireland
    Best comp. against M (may also appear against another rival at same price)
    ASDA Farm Stores Smoked Gammon Rounds (2 per pack - 250g)£1.10 N/A
    ASDA Farm Stores Unsmoked Gammon Rounds (2 per pack - 250g)£1.10 £1.08
    ASDA Farm Stores Unsmoked Streaky Bacon (275g)£1.04 £1.04 Possibly N/A these days as seemed to be going out of M six months ago
    ASDA Smartprice 15L Pedal Bin Liners (80)79p N/A (M is 100 pack)
    ASDA Smartprice 45L Swing Bin Liners (40)70p N/A (M 50 pack, much more expensive equivalent price)
    ASDA Smartprice Baked Beans & Sausages in Tomato Sauce (405g)41p 40p
    ASDA Smartprice Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g)23p 24p
    ASDA Smartprice Batter Mix (128g)15p N/A Seems may have dropped off vs T.
    ASDA Smartprice Beef Lasagne (400g)£1.00 £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Beef Ravioli in Tomato Sauce (400g)36p 39p As T is probably N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Bitter (4x440ml)90p £1.00 I hope:rotfl:. Not that I am confident that I would put this against M - I would prefer to play safe with N/A vs W.
    ASDA Smartprice Breaded Chicken Burger (8 per pack - 456g)97p 97p
    ASDA Smartprice Breaded Chicken Nuggets (20 per pack - 320g)79p 72p
    ASDA Smartprice Broccoli (1Kg)90p 90p
    ASDA Smartprice Butter - Salted (250g)£1.40 £1.35 This is a lot more expensive than what it was.
    ASDA Smartprice Cheese & Tomato Pizza (268g)60p 65p
    ASDA Smartprice Cheesy Spread (200g)64p 64p But I don't think as cheap as it was.
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Portions (1Kg)£1.60 N/A Or Sains Basics works out at same price per kg but having to buy 2.5kg.
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Roll (400g)96p 92p Vs S was cheaper at one time when S were discontinuing their version.
    ASDA Smartprice Choc Chip Cookies (250g)40p 40.217391...p Assuming it round down (might make M technically worse than T if multiple purchases are bought that takes it up a penny per approx. five) - not much enthusiastic about cookies after M had 10p RTC on other cookies ages ago.
    ASDA Smartprice Choc Ices (8x57ml)72p 70p
    ASDA Smartprice Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (400g)80p 80p
    ASDA Smartprice Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g)29p 30p
    ASDA Smartprice Chunky Chicken Breast Chunks (240g)£2.00 £2.00
    ASDA Smartprice Cold Water Prawns - Cooked & Peeled (200g)£2.00 £2.00
    ASDA Smartprice Concentrated Fabric Softener - 42 Washes (1.47L)66p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Corned Beef (340g)£1.47 £1.50 I'm now hoping:rotfl:
    ASDA Smartprice Cottage Cheese (300g)64p 64p
    ASDA Smartprice Cottage Pie (400g)£1.00 £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Cream of Chicken Soup (400g)25p 24p
    ASDA Smartprice Crisps - Ready Salted (12x18g)66p 66p
    ASDA Smartprice Crunchy Peanut Butter (340g)65p 65p
    ASDA Smartprice Dark Chocolate Bar (100g)30p 30p
    ASDA Smartprice Digestive Bar - Milk Chocolate (20 per pack - 380g)£1.33 £1.33 May be N/A as no weight on SELs or packs in M. May be best comp. if M price actually gets picked up but S price doesn't:rotfl:.
    ASDA Smartprice Dip Selection (500g)£1.40:eek: N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Dish Cloths (5)73p 74p
    ASDA Smartprice Disinfectant Pine (1L)30p 30p
    ASDA Smartprice Dried Mixed Herbs (18g)37p 25p
    ASDA Smartprice Dusters (5)68p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Economy Beef Burgers (8 per pack - 397g)£1.35 £1.18:eek:
    ASDA Smartprice English Mustard (200g)34p 24.86486...p
    ASDA Smartprice Fish Fingers (10 per pack - 250g)65p 65p
    ASDA Smartprice Food Bags Medium (100)90p £1.00 Actually M is Small but APG was last seen comparing - doesn't matter anyway as neutral on APG.
    ASDA Smartprice Fragrance Free Baby Wipes (80)50p 51.11111...p
    ASDA Smartprice Frozen Garlic Baguette (170g)41p N/A M has 150g at 37p but it is outside of the weight range
    ASDA Smartprice Fry or Oven Chips (1.5Kg)99p 75p
    ASDA Smartprice Garden Peas in Water (300g)21p 21p
    ASDA Smartprice Garlic Breads (2 per pack - 340g)65p 68p
    ASDA Smartprice Garlic Chicken Kievs (2 per pack - 250g)88p 88p Possibly
    ASDA Smartprice Golden Vegetable Savoury Rice (120g)25p 25p
    ASDA Smartprice Grapefruit Pieces in Light Syrup (540g)53p N/A If this doesn't compare against S
    ASDA Smartprice Grated Cheddar (500g)£2.50 £2.50 Sadly M has followed (or maybe it led) A up to £2.50
    ASDA Smartprice Gravy Granules for Meat Dishes (200g)20p 20p
    ASDA Smartprice Instant Coffee Granules (100g)78p:( 78p:(
    ASDA Smartprice Instant Custard Mix (70g)19p 15p:)

Items that should not subtract from the APG but are not best against this store
    ASDA Farm Stores Apples (500g)80p N/A Compares against T 85p as at 1/10. May be able to get reduced price at A, in which case this then is best against M and should not be against T.
    ASDA Smartprice Battered Fish Portions (4 per pack - 400g)85p N/A I think M no longer have equivalent, so should be Avs T.
    ASDA Smartprice Caramel Wafers (5 per pack - 85g)40p N/A - TBC: may be moved to avoid.
    ASDA Smartprice Cheese & Onion Pasty (150g)30p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken & Vegetable Instant Soup (4 per pack - 88g)30p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Paste (75g)25p N/A May be best vs M (along with T) if I am wrong in thinking M no longer has its equivalent.
    ASDA Smartprice Cola Low Calorie (2L)17p N/A Should be best vs M but not been comparing on the APG - may have been OOS in the collection stores.
    ASDA Smartprice Cooked Ham (400g)£1.49 £1.55
    ASDA Smartprice Cornflakes (500g)45p:eek: N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Dishwasher Tablets (30)£1.60 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Egg & Salad Cream Filler (220g)£1.00 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Fish Pie (400g)£1.00 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Ham & Beef Paste (75g)25p N/A May be best vs M (along with T) if I am wrong in thinking M no longer has its equivalent.

Avoid - items that lose money on the APG
    ASDA Smartprice All Purpose Liquid Cleaner (1L)25p 50p Probably
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken & Vegetable Curry - Mild (392g)53p 69.387755...p
    ASDA Smartprice Chilli Con Carne (392g)55p 98p
    ASDA Smartprice Chocolate & Nut Muesli Bars (6x23g)70p 81.047619p At least two McVities snack bars compare against M at 50p (time-limited offer).
    ASDA Smartprice Chunky Chicken in White Sauce (392g)53p 98p
    ASDA Smartprice Coleslaw (300g)30p 34p probably
    ASDA Smartprice Fromage Frais - Fruit (6x55g)42p 55p
    ASDA Smartprice Greek Style Salad Cheese (200g)75p 84p Very slight loss - however may be neutral if only one pack is bought and if the comparable bill results in rounding up to the nearest penny on the shop

Vs S
    Best comp. against S (may also appear against another rival at same price)
    ASDA Smartprice 15L Pedal Bin Liners (80)79p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice 45L Swing Bin Liners (40)70p N/A (S 60p for 20!)
    ASDA Farm Stores Unsmoked Streaky Bacon (275g)£1.04 N/A Probably N/A in M, if so every comp. is 'best' otherwise should be on M comp.
    ASDA Smartprice Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g)23p 24.40476...p (if it rounds down)
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Portions (1Kg)£1.60 N/A Or Sains Basics works out at same price per kg but having to buy 2.5kg.
    ASDA Smartprice Chocolate & Nut Muesli Bars (6x23g)70p N/A However, at least two McVities snack bars compare against M at 50p (time-limited offer).
    ASDA Smartprice Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g)29p 30p
    ASDA Smartprice Chunky Chicken in White Sauce (392g)53p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Coleslaw (300g)30p N/A Sains. significantly different pack size:j.
    ASDA Smartprice Cooked Ham (400g)£1.49 £1.50
    ASDA Smartprice Corned Beef (340g)£1.47 £1.50 Has been cheaper vs S before.
    ASDA Smartprice Digestive Bar - Milk Chocolate (20 per pack - 380g)£1.33 £1.266666... May be N/A as no weight in description on s.co.uk
    ASDA Smartprice Fish Fingers (10 per pack - 250g)65p 65p
    ASDA Smartprice Frozen Garlic Baguette (170g)41p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Grapefruit Pieces in Light Syrup (540g)53p 55.10204...p Possibly not

ASDA Farm Stores Apples (500g)80p N/A This may be best against S if you get cut price.
    ASDA Farm Stores Unsmoked Gammon Rounds (2 per pack - 250g)£1.10 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g)23p 25.625p (if it picks up 400g product in S but then rounds down 10% cheaper 23.0625p to 23p anyway)
    ASDA Smartprice Battered Fish Portions (4 per pack - 400g)85p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Beef Lasagne (400g)£1.00 N/A S is 90p for 300g!:eek: Thank goodness A has changed pack size:rotfl:. But should now be against T or M for 10% now that its pack has changed to their size.
    ASDA Smartprice Beef Ravioli in Tomato Sauce (400g)36p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Breaded Chicken Burger (8 per pack - 456g)97p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Breaded Chicken Nuggets (20 per pack - 320g)79p N/A Worse than vs T's price increase.
    ASDA Smartprice Broccoli (1Kg)90p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Butter - Salted (250g)£1.40:eek: N/A S have had a version before but no longer appear to have one online.
    ASDA Smartprice Cheesy Spread (200g)64p 70p But not very good when could have 10% off vs M.
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Paste (75g)25p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Roll (400g)92p N/A:(
    ASDA Smartprice Chilli Con Carne (392g)55p 60p
    ASDA Smartprice Choc Ices (8x57ml)72p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (400g)80p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Chunky Chicken Breast Chunks (240g)£2.00 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cola Low Calorie (2L)17p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cold Water Prawns - Cooked & Peeled (200g)£2.00 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cottage Cheese (300g)64p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cottage Pie (400g)£1.00 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cream of Chicken Soup (400g)25p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Dish Cloths (5)73p N/A S 75p price sadly for just 4.
    ASDA Smartprice Dried Mixed Herbs (18g)37p:eek: N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Economy Beef Burgers (8 per pack - 397g)£1.35 £1.20
    ASDA Smartprice Food Bags Medium (100)90p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Fragrance Free Baby Wipes (80)50p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Fry or Oven Chips (1.5Kg)99p:eek: N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Garden Peas in Water (300g)21p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Garlic Breads (2 per pack - 340g)65p 70p
    ASDA Smartprice Golden Vegetable Savoury Rice (120g)25p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Grated Cheddar (500g)£2.50:eek: N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Gravy Granules for Meat Dishes (200g)20p N/A S is outside weight range:j.
    ASDA Smartprice Ham & Beef Paste (75g)25p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Instant Coffee Granules (100g)78p:( N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Instant Custard Mix (70g)19p:eek: N/A

Avoid - items that lose money on the APG (Note: This is not a complete list as it does not include SP items that don't appear on here at all - some of which, even though I wouldn't buy them, may well be comparable to same price and therefore 10% back against elsewhere but may lose against S)
    ASDA Smartprice All Purpose Liquid Cleaner (1L)25p 80p:eek:
    ASDA Smartprice Baked Beans & Sausages in Tomato Sauce (405g)41p 46.6666...p (potential loss of 1p if it rounds up)
    ASDA Smartprice Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g)23p 26p (if it picks up 400g product in S and rounds price up)
    ASDA Smartprice Batter Mix (128g)15p 30.72p
    ASDA Smartprice Bitter (4x440ml)90p £1.10
    ASDA Smartprice Caramel Wafers (5 per pack - 85g)40p 47.117647...p
    ASDA Smartprice Cheese & Tomato Pizza (268g)60p 75p
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken & Vegetable Curry - Mild (392g)53p 60p
    ASDA Smartprice Choc Chip Cookies (250g)40p 55p
    ASDA Smartprice Cornflakes (500g)45p 65p
    ASDA Smartprice Crisps - Ready Salted (12x18g)66p 80p
    ASDA Smartprice Crunchy Peanut Butter (340g)65p 90p
    ASDA Smartprice Dark Chocolate Bar (100g)30p 50p
    ASDA Smartprice Dishwasher Tablets (30)£1.60 £2.00
    ASDA Smartprice Disinfectant Pine (1L)30p 45p
    ASDA Smartprice English Mustard (200g)34p 50p
    ASDA Smartprice Fromage Frais - Fruit (6x55g)42p 55p
    ASDA Smartprice Garlic Chicken Kievs (2 per pack - 250g)88p £1.0869565...
    ASDA Smartprice Greek Style Salad Cheese (200g)75p 90p:p

Vs T
    Best comp. against T (may also appear against another rival at same price)
    ASDA Farm Stores Apples (500g)80p 85p But not if you get reduced price ones in A - if that's the case, they go vs everywhere except T, to be vs N/A.
    ASDA Farm Stores Unsmoked Streaky Bacon (275g)£1.04 N/A Probably N/A in M, if so every comp. is 'best' otherwise should be on M comp.
    ASDA Smartprice 45L Swing Bin Liners (40)70p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice All Purpose Liquid Cleaner (1L)25p N/A (sadly)
    ASDA Smartprice Batter Mix (128g)15p N/A Probably
    ASDA Smartprice Battered Fish Portions (4 per pack - 400g)85p 85p
    ASDA Smartprice Beef Lasagne (400g)£1.00 £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Bitter (4x440ml)90p N/A or £1.00 if that's still available - probably isn't - doesn't matter.
    ASDA Smartprice Breaded Chicken Burger (8 per pack - 456g)97p 97p
    ASDA Smartprice Caramel Wafers (5 per pack - 85g)40p 41.88235...p I think this should nowadays compare vs T due to T losing weight over the years.
    ASDA Smartprice Cheese & Onion Pasty (150g)30p 30p
    ASDA Smartprice Cheese & Tomato Pizza (268g)60p 65p:(
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken & Vegetable Curry - Mild (392g)53p N/A T probably does have comparable at 53p but incorrect weight on t.com.
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken & Vegetable Instant Soup (4 per pack - 88g)30p 30p
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Paste (75g)25p 25p
    ASDA Smartprice Chilli Con Carne (392g)55p 55p
    ASDA Smartprice Choc Chip Cookies (250g)40p 40p
    ASDA Smartprice Chocolate & Nut Muesli Bars (6x23g)70p N/A However, at least two McVities snack bars compare against M at 50p (time-limited offer).
    ASDA Smartprice Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (400g)80p 80p
    ASDA Smartprice Chunky Chicken Breast Chunks (240g)£2.00 £2.00
    ASDA Smartprice Cola Low Calorie (2L)17p 17p
    ASDA Smartprice Coleslaw (300g)30p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cooked Ham (400g)£1.49 £1.50
    ASDA Smartprice Corned Beef (340g)£1.47 £1.50
    ASDA Smartprice Cornflakes (500g)45p:eek: 40p
    ASDA Smartprice Cottage Cheese (300g)64p 64p
    ASDA Smartprice Cottage Pie (400g)£1.00 £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Crisps - Ready Salted (12x18g)66p 66p
    ASDA Smartprice Dishwasher Tablets (30)£1.60 £1.60
    ASDA Smartprice Disinfectant Pine (1L)30p 30p
    ASDA Smartprice Egg & Salad Cream Filler (220g)£1.00 £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Fish Pie (400g)£1.00 £1.00
    ASDA Smartprice Fromage Frais - Fruit (6x55g)42p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Garden Peas in Water (300g)21p 21p
    ASDA Smartprice Golden Vegetable Savoury Rice (120g)25p 25p
    ASDA Smartprice Grapefruit Pieces in Light Syrup (540g)53p N/A If this doesn't compare against S - sadly T has Red Ruby Grapefruit
    ASDA Smartprice Grated Cheddar (500g)£2.50:eek: £2.50:(
    ASDA Smartprice Gravy Granules for Meat Dishes (200g)20p 20p
    ASDA Smartprice Greek Style Salad Cheese (200g)75p N/A:(
    ASDA Smartprice Ham & Beef Paste (75g)25p 25p

ASDA Smartprice Baked Beans & Sausages in Tomato Sauce (405g)41p 41p (may have gone N/A?)
    ASDA Smartprice Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g)23p 24.40476...p (if it rounds down)
    ASDA Smartprice Beef Ravioli in Tomato Sauce (400g)36p N/A Comp. against 36p probably no longer exists
    ASDA Smartprice Breaded Chicken Nuggets (20 per pack - 320g)79p 79p Price increase in T.
    ASDA Smartprice Butter - Salted (250g)£1.40:eek: N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cheesy Spread (200g)64p N/A Price has probably dropped off vs T. Slightly worse than vs S higher price which itself is not very good when could be 10% off vs M.
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Roll (400g)96p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Choc Ices (8x57ml)72p 75p:eek:
    ASDA Smartprice Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g)29p 31p
    ASDA Smartprice Cream of Chicken Soup (400g)25p 25p
    ASDA Smartprice Crunchy Peanut Butter (340g)65p 70pASDA Smartprice Digestive Bar - Milk Chocolate (20 per pack - 380g)£1.33 N/A T is outside weight.
    ASDA Smartprice Dish Cloths (5)73p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Economy Beef Burgers (8 per pack - 397g)£1.35 £1.35:eek: Worse than S on this one:eek::eek:.
    ASDA Smartprice English Mustard (200g)34p:eek: N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Fish Fingers (10 per pack - 250g)65p N/A Fortunately this does not compare against T given that T's price has gone up:rotfl:.
    ASDA Smartprice Fragrance Free Baby Wipes (80)50p 55.55555...p
    ASDA Smartprice Fry or Oven Chips (1.5Kg)99p:eek: 99p
    ASDA Smartprice Garlic Breads (2 per pack - 340g)65p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Garlic Chicken Kievs (2 per pack - 250g)88p 97p
    ASDA Smartprice Instant Coffee Granules (100g)78p 79p

ASDA Smartprice Dark Chocolate Bar (100g)30p 45p

Vs W - not Northern Ireland but can only be used as fillers against W elsewhere anyway
    Best comp. against W (may also appear another rival N/A - should be nowhere where A is not 10% cheaper)
    ASDA Smartprice 45L Swing Bin Liners (40)70p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice All Purpose Liquid Cleaner (1L)25p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Batter Mix (128g)15p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Breaded Chicken Burger (8 per pack - 456g)97p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken & Vegetable Curry - Mild (392g)53p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Coleslaw (300g)30p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice English Mustard (200g)34p:eek: N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Fromage Frais - Fruit (6x55g)42p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Grapefruit Pieces in Light Syrup (540g)53p N/A If this doesn't compare against S.
    ASDA Smartprice Greek Style Salad Cheese (200g)75p N/A

ASDA Farm Stores Apples (500g)80p N/A This may be best against W if you get cut price.
    ASDA Smartprice Baked Beans & Sausages in Tomato Sauce (405g)41p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Battered Fish Portions (4 per pack - 400g)85p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Beef Lasagne (400g)£1.00 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Beef Ravioli in Tomato Sauce (400g)36p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Bitter (4x440ml)90p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Breaded Chicken Nuggets (20 per pack - 320g)79p N/A Worse than vs T price increase, should be vs M.
    ASDA Smartprice Butter - Salted (250g)£1.40:eek: N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Caramel Wafers (5 per pack - 85g)40p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cheese & Tomato Pizza (268g)60p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cheesy Spread (200g)64p N/A As per vs T: worst APG option even though it doesn't lose.
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Paste (75g)25p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Chicken Roll (400g)96p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Chilli Con Carne (392g)55p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Choc Chip Cookies (250g)40p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Choc Ices (8x57ml)72p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (400g)80p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g)29p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Chunky Chicken Breast Chunks (240g)£2.00 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cola Low Calorie (2L)17p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cooked Ham (400g)£1.49 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Corned Beef (340g)£1.47 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cornflakes (500g)45p:eek: N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cottage Cheese (300g)64p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cottage Pie (400g)£1.00 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Cream of Chicken Soup (400g)25p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Crisps - Ready Salted (12x18g)66p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Crunchy Peanut Butter (340g)65p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Dark Chocolate Bar (100g)30p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Digestive Bar - Milk Chocolate (20 per pack - 380g)£1.33 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Dish Cloths (5)73p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Dishwasher Tablets (30)£1.60 N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Disinfectant Pine (1L)30p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Economy Beef Burgers (8 per pack - 397g)£1.35 N/A Worse comp. - worse than comparing even against T.
    ASDA Smartprice Fish Fingers (10 per pack - 250g)65p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Fragrance Free Baby Wipes (80)50p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Fry or Oven Chips (1.5Kg)99p:eek: N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Garden Peas in Water (300g)21p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Garlic Breads (2 per pack - 340g)65p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Garlic Chicken Kievs (2 per pack - 250g)88p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Golden Vegetable Savoury Rice (120g)25p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Grated Cheddar (500g)£2.50:eek: N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Gravy Granules for Meat Dishes (200g)20p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Ham & Beef Paste (75g)25p N/A
    ASDA Smartprice Instant Coffee Granules (100g)78p N/A

None, although you may lose discount and 10% to another store that has their item cheaper than A or lose 10% discount if another store is same price and you don't use a colleague discount card.
  • mhocmhoc Forumite
    19.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carolt2 wrote: »
    We had this mailing today, exactly the same as you described.
    We don't really shop in morrisons much except for petrol.

I was wondering if the petrol shops would count - probably not sadly.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More blooming fireworks

VictorMeldrew_203x150.jpg

Poppy was eating her tea tv on normal then screeching fireworks :mad:

So she now hiding behind chair and I know will have to throw her tea away :(

Tv now on loud again.
  • mrsmac10mrsmac10 Forumite
    4.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    LEJC wrote: »
    Mrs Mac....they are loving their new place....it's quite full when it comes to furniture though!
    ...and almost every surface has pictures or photographs hung....not good for the "no picture hook"rule but sometimes we need to make allowances.

I guess that is the nature of the beast when you go from a 3 bed to a one bed place!

They did get rid of quite a bit before it went to storage and there are still a few boxes that we think may be being hidden in the back of the camper van too!!!

I am so glad they are settled before the winter sets in sets

Pictures make a home as Poppy and Harvey? show
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support