Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    LEJC

How have your oldies settled and what happened to the furniture?
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I wombled a Morribobs till spit yesterday, buy gin get 3000 points. The Mortisons mailing today has a coupon, spend £20 on gin get 3000 points.

There are 2 gins in the 2 for £22 offer - will I be able to scan both vouchers, am I best going through self scan where the larger vouchers dont seem to work or should I try and find a youngster on the tills with a kind face - they are 2 different vouchers after all ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 6 November 2017 at 6:06PM
    Nice to be home, thank you Redfox, can someone get some coal for the fire :)

A little bit alarming that anyone can remove a thread by getting people to press spam on it, shame there is no human interface in there.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    bcw123 wrote: »
    Thanks just got home ready to print out some Princes fish and fruit coupons and the site has disapeared an any one help

I found the fish one for you too

https://www.princes.co.uk/tunacoupon
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    LEJC

I wondered about this as well

And also how long will it be before Ds placements be decided and what happens if he gets more than one offer.

Also the other ongoing situation - is it still simmering away ...

You could build an entire week of Eastenders around you :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Thanks Redfox, all the orphans are running home :D
  • LEJC
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    LEJC

Mrs Mac....they are loving their new place....it's quite full when it comes to furniture though!
    ...and almost every surface has pictures or photographs hung....not good for the "no picture hook"rule but sometimes we need to make allowances.

I guess that is the nature of the beast when you go from a 3 bed to a one bed place!

They did get rid of quite a bit before it went to storage and there are still a few boxes that we think may be being hidden in the back of the camper van too!!!

• LEJC
    Nice to be home, thank you Redfox, can someone get some coal for the fire :)

A little bit alarming that anyone can remove a thread by getting people to press spam on it, shame there is no human interface in there.

I can't help but agree enterprise..it does seem as if every thread can be so easily targeted in that way.

What's probably more frustrating is that everyone loses every single post they made on that thread ....all wiped from our individual histories...shame really.

• rockyrose
    rockyrose Posts: 1,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    LEJC wrote: »
    Although Di.....if it was done maliciously I can see where you are coming from.....yes they are!!!!!

too many clicks.
    Too many "clicks" spoilt the thread,lets hope those "clicks" get trouted forevermore
    :A NI FEIDIR ACH LE DIA BREITHIUNAS A DHEANAMH ORM
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello lovely peeps.
    Logged in on Friday to wish our Bubbs a happy 49 +1! then things started pinging left, right and centre... Facebook friends asking about an 'adult' video I had sent them. No, not me!
    So I decided not to use t'interweb until my tech support, aka DS, advised me!

All sorted so I logged in earlier and couldn't find you, but so pleased to say that things are back to normal now :T

I did feel lost for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport